Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUschumi

Coulthard Said Penalty Inconsistent

Coulthard wants penalty consistency

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/08/15/...ty-consistency/

David Coulthard has called for F1 officials to be more consistent in the punishments they dish out after the latest controversy following qualifying in Hungary.

"A number of us inside F1 circles were left wondering how the stewards came to decide on the punishment meted out to Alonso and McLaren," Coulthard told ITV. "Why, for instance was McLaren singled out for punishment while Ferrari wasn't pulled up for failing to put fuel in Felipe Massa's Ferrari? Didn't that hamper his chances in qualifying as well?"

"Everyone I've spoken to is flabbergasted by how some of F1's rules are enforced," he added. "It's a bit difficult to follow the sport when you find there isn't really a consistent set of criteria for how penalties are applied. It's important for F1 to be more consistent and transparent in applying penalties."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

110% agree.

Alonso's penalty was unfair, but comparing it to Massa was not. I'm not sure what the **** happened with Massa, but that was a mistake. What happened with Alonso was pure genuis and did not deserve penalty, but comparing it to the Massa thing was a strange and illogical way to back it up.

Alonso's penalty was unfair, but comparing it to Massa was not. I'm not sure what the **** happened with Massa, but that was a mistake. What happened with Alonso was pure genuis and did not deserve penalty, but comparing it to the Massa thing was a strange and illogical way to back it up.

I agree.

I think Ferrari just plain forgot to refuel Massa, effectively wrecking his chances of moving through to Q3.

Funny DC didn't choose to talk about Fisi's penalty... as he (DC) had one for blocking that was completely different and implemented immediately after the session it had happened allowing Jenson Button to take part in the final qualifying.

I think probation is a good punishment. For example for putting and uggly face to other faster drivers on Q1, Q2 or Q3 the driver found guilty must wash the entire car lineup with water, soap and a buckle! For thinking bad about God Bernie and Saint Mosley the driver involved must give press conferences with 2 hours intervals till the race.

"A number of us inside F1 circles were left wondering how the stewards came to decide on the punishment meted out to Alonso and McLaren," Coulthard told ITV. "Why, for instance was McLaren singled out for punishment while Ferrari wasn't pulled up for failing to put fuel in Felipe Massa's Ferrari? Didn't that hamper his chances in qualifying as well?"

Maybe because the Ferrari shemozzle was an accident, while McLaren's was on purpose.

Oh, give Ferrari a penalty for something they were not aware of/or because of a problem with the car/by accident DC is such an idiot sometimes, and he's really been sucking up to Mclaren recently. Maybe he thinks with 'Nando unhappy at Mclaren and possibly leaving, that he can go back to his old team

I liked DC saying this.

He may not be considered a great driver by some, but what he and other veteran drivers (Pedro de la Rosa) do have is a certain respect from the rest of F1 drivers.

Both these drivers are often used to state questions on regulations when the drivers feel that there is uncertainty stemming from them.

And I do believe that drivers will now be unsure about what penalties may occur to them or they may call for when something wacky happens in the pits.

e.g. Ferrari's blunder with Massa: It must have been a silly mistake. BUT, if this happens again, in a team where drivers don't feel at ease with their teams treatment (not pointing in any particular directon, ehemmm ;) ) can that driver now complain that he has been treated unfairly? The door is open for very low complaints that will decide races and titles in the steward or FIA courts... that would suck!

I liked DC saying this.

He may not be considered a great driver by some, but what he and other veteran drivers (Pedro de la Rosa) do have is a certain respect from the rest of F1 drivers.

Both these drivers are often used to state questions on regulations when the drivers feel that there is uncertainty stemming from them.

And I do believe that drivers will now be unsure about what penalties may occur to them or they may call for when something wacky happens in the pits.

e.g. Ferrari's blunder with Massa: It must have been a silly mistake. BUT, if this happens again, in a team where drivers don't feel at ease with their teams treatment (not pointing in any particular directon, ehemmm ;) ) can that driver now complain that he has been treated unfairly? The door is open for very low complaints that will decide races and titles in the steward or FIA courts... that would suck!

mclaren was punished for lying to the stewart to protect alonso.

DC comparing with FA with FM's incident is very different one on purpose and one a mistake.... Do you really think Ferrari wanted to hamper Fm's race when they are allready down in the WCC???