Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

Kubi Is Not Too Happy!

Kubica laments '08 TC ban

Saturday, 18, August, 2007, 16:30

BMW ace Robert Kubica says he laments the passing of traction control from Formula 1 at the end of the season.

With a ban on such devices coming into force for 2008, the Polish 22-year-old, who survived an enormous accident in the Canadian Grand Prix in June, claims he hates the idea of anything that will might slow him down.

"We've gone from nice, slick racing tyres to grooved tyres," he said in an interview in the new edition of F1 Racing, out Tuesday.

"We

I don't belive that this will realy be a big change. the new guys like Hamilton or Kubica have just a moment ago came to F1 from series where there's no TC, the old guys are much more experienced, I do not belive they forgot how to drive a car wit no traction control. They are best drivers in the world, come on.

as for Monaco : if I recollect correctly Kubica himself had broken TC in his car during this years Monaco GP and somehow managed not to crash.

Q: It has been suggested that traction control is to be banned. What is your reaction?

DC: During my time in Formula One, I have gone from three and a half litres, slick cars, wide track

I don't belive that this will realy be a big change. the new guys like Hamilton or Kubica have just a moment ago came to F1 from series where there's no TC, the old guys are much more experienced, I do not belive they forgot how to drive a car wit no traction control. They are best drivers in the world, come on.

as for Monaco : if I recollect correctly Kubica himself had broken TC in his car during this years Monaco GP and somehow managed not to crash.

You are right about drivers being the best in the world, but we really need to know who will be the best amongst them after a change. There are very few drivers on the grid, to whom rule changes never affect. Even Kimi found it hard to adapt to Ferrari when he was widely regarded to be straight out of the box. Rubens struggled to match Buttons Pace last season due to the fact that Hondas at that time didn't need to rely most on Traction control since the other driver was Button. We all know that Button hardly needs traction control, where as Barichello needed it a lot. Even Alonso uses more traction compared to Lewis. (For heaven sake, Alonso's fans, don't think I am saying Lewis is better :mf_tongue: ) It will be interesting to watch next season how these drivers will cope up with one another.

Ha! Your reply has it all Kathy...

I was trying to find an interview where they asked nick 'if you could change 3 things in f1, what would they b?'. so he said this, not having summer break and having races every 2 weeks. but the website's interview database is off and i dont have it here, so i thought this clip of pc would work as good as :)

I was trying to find an interview where they asked nick 'if you could change 3 things in f1, what would they b?'. so he said this, not having summer break and having races every 2 weeks. but the website's interview database is off and i dont have it here, so i thought this clip of pc would work as good as :)

No, this is good enough as I can see the comments of few good drivers about traction control stuff. :)

I half agree with Kubi. Take the TC away, but put the V-10s and slicks back. That would make up for the difference. :D

Indeed :thbup::thbup:

and get rid of mad max

(For heaven sake, Alonso's fans, don't think I am saying Lewis is better :mf_tongue: )

Goodmorning!

Vietnam.

Goodmorning!

Vietnam.

Yes good evening (here), I expected some reply from likes of you! Anyways, the mention of name 'ALONSO' is enough for you to show your whining syndrome to kick in, even if non Alonso fans are praising him. Open your eyes. BTW, I am sorry, I hope you can tell me what exactly you meant my Vietnam.

It'll make no friggin' difference, and if the drivers that have to drive slower should get the **** out...(yes, I realize I have an anger problem, got my reasons)

I love Kubi's way of thinking: "I just want to go fast"

we saw with Kubi this year and with Ralf in 04 that the teams can build the cars extremely save, and they probably can build them twice as safe still, so why not just make them nuclear detonation proof and then send the drivers going balls to the wall and not limit them with such arbitrary things as all these changes Max has introduces. He is artificially slowing down the cars and so destroying racing. He gives the cars so little grip that TC is needed but they still go faster then he likes and after a year with a rule the teams bounce back. Now he Takes TC away so the cars are even less drivable. the problem really needs to be solved by restructuring the cars, get them off the Aero track and more onto the mechanical grip. But because The cars are Aero dependent TC is needed because an F1 car has about the same Mechanical grip levels as a high midrange road car. So the TC is need to add artificial mechanical grip.

I love Kubi's way of thinking: "I just want to go fast"

we saw with Kubi this year and with Ralf in 04 that the teams can build the cars extremely save, and they probably can build them twice as safe still, so why not just make them nuclear detonation proof and then send the drivers going balls to the wall and not limit them with such arbitrary things as all these changes Max has introduces. He is artificially slowing down the cars and so destroying racing. He gives the cars so little grip that TC is needed but they still go faster then he likes and after a year with a rule the teams bounce back. Now he Takes TC away so the cars are even less drivable. the problem really needs to be solved by restructuring the cars, get them off the Aero track and more onto the mechanical grip. But because The cars are Aero dependent TC is needed because an F1 car has about the same Mechanical grip levels as a high midrange road car. So the TC is need to add artificial mechanical grip.

Yep, I love your way of thinking too, but Someone does need to control speeds as there is always a limit, for those who want ultimate speed, there is always that salt lake.

Mad Max need to control speed in an effective manner, ten years later the present F1 drivers will thank Max for saving their lives.

Its alright for him, he has break between races and gets to go home on sunday night!

I would love to see him do the garage set up and pack up and then prepare for the next race 19 times a year!!

Im sure he would want a summer break then! :mf_tongue:

As for the TC thing, I cant wait until its gone!! Good riddance!

If you put your foot down just a tad too early and spin TOUGH Sh#t!

I like Kubi, but I hope some drivers find it a real challenge.

Yes good evening (here), I expected some reply from likes of you! Anyways, the mention of name 'ALONSO' is enough for you to show your whining syndrome to kick in, even if non Alonso fans are praising him. Open your eyes. BTW, I am sorry, I hope you can tell me what exactly you meant my Vietnam.

Vietnam... it was country where a war took place many years ago... :unsure: Same as McLaren now.

Some guys always bring Alonso's name no matter what, but I am not whining, I like it and it is up to you. Don't tell me to open my eyes, I've seen enough, I've read enough and I know enough already.

As DC said, penalty inconsistencies that always play in one way. You might be the blind, think about it.

Enough is enough.

Its alright for him, he has break between races and gets to go home on sunday night!

I would love to see him do the garage set up and pack up and then prepare for the next race 19 times a year!!

Im sure he would want a summer break then! :mf_tongue:

In F1 the aero vs. underpowered engines vs. mediocre mecanical grip is the problem, NOT TC.

With TC gone the teams will become even more depenent for traction, grip and stability on aerodynamics.

That's what they always do.

Slap more winglets, chimneys, ears on the cars and the show will be even worse.

well here is more from Kubica on his position towards TC ban . It is in polish but what he says is more or less:

Now, TC helps when the car lacks grip on the slow corner exits. Next year those who are going to have problems with that will have to work much more on set-up , suspension, geometry , tires. The car is going to be more and more important

Good cars are going to be faster, the worse are going to have more problems. The differences (between the teams) are going to be bigger.

>

^ So the reason Mosley went 360 on the aids for 2011 proposals and wanted TC + ESC + ABS (+ AWD) is to level the field (and cut/control cornering speeds).

As these electronics are cheap (and mask deficienses) vs. the constant redesign of aero and/or suspensions.

I'm confused. I'm not very savvy with the tech side of F1, so maybe someone here can set me straight. My thought:

Everyone complains that there's not enough overtaking in F1. Wouldn't it be even harder to overtake in dirty air without traction control? I would think that banning tc might help the top teams whilst making life harder for those behind, unless we really do see a difference in driver a skill as a result of the ban. :eusa_think:

Vietnam... it was country where a war took place many years ago... :unsure: Same as McLaren now.

Some guys always bring Alonso's name no matter what, but I am not whining, I like it and it is up to you. Don't tell me to open my eyes, I've seen enough, I've read enough and I know enough already.

As DC said, penalty inconsistencies that always play in one way. You might be the blind, think about it.

Enough is enough.

So, In Spain they never had a war? :unsure:

Yes, you do seem to suffer from whining syndrome. I was just telling a fact, I was not criticizing nor praising your God.

More than enough. It was you who started this Sh#t. I wonder if you are like this in real life.

Enough is enough.

This is really tiresome...

AleHop, I'm Spanish, probably you are too. I like Alonso quite a bit, and understand his way of doing stuff and why he is completely clueless around the press crowd and the fact that he's terribly bad dealing with people. I'm asturian too, you probably understand what this means, we just are rough around the edges.

Knowing all this I clarly see that most of the bad commentary and criticism he is getting is through the alienation that his fans propagate.

Alonso has repeatedly been treated roughly by the FIA? Agreed.

He is misunderstood? Maybe, but neither does he give a rat's ****.

He does not blend with the F1 people? 100% fact, he hates blending in and smalltalk.

He is not good at making friends? Again 100% true, he probably feels he has enough friends allready.

But why on earth should we start a forum war on this? this forum is a haven compared to others, don't turn it into a battle ground.

I at least am not interested to see another forum turned into a bash-fest with stupid invectives converting threads into minefields.

Everybody has the right to prefer one driver and support him over the rest, but please, no trolling!

If you really can't refrain kicking some poster's a##, do it with a sense of humor and some elegance... you will win more poeple over to your ideas this way.

Hell, you make me dislike Alonso fans that I should be siding on in these times of hardship!

</rant>

This is really tiresome...

Yes, it really is.

Abbas Gear:

Good morning Vietnam is a film and you replyed Goodnight to my post, then I said that. Sorry you feel so bad for mentioning Vietnam.