Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Forum Boring????

The recent goodbye thread got me thinking about why I left this forum.

During the summer break it is slow, but to add ammunition to my opinion, the problem is a lack of on track interest to talk about. Take away the stewards decision from the last race, and what the else is there to talk about!!!!!!!. The racing is boring, and so few team have a chance of winning there is really nothing to get fired up about. Look at all the Button fans. Button is as good as he ever has been but the current F1 just leaves nothing for his fan to get pumped up about. There contributions here dry up. What have they got to get passionate about??? Driver talent gets lost in F1, and that my friends is a fundemental flaw in the show.

I am tired of listening to Bernies BS about the great F1 sporting event. The show is going downhill and peel away the hype you got nothing left to really talk about. If it wasn't for the British rookie Hamilton the show would really stink, and that is why there is nothing to talk about.

I could personally do without Hamilton being part of the show.

It's not meant to be solely about the drivers either, it's a team sport, no matter what anyone comes in here and says. For sure there need to be more changes to make overtaking more possible, and hopefully help make competition closer between the cars.

I think if they finally start to get things right, in terms of overtaking, it'll be fine because there will be battles even in the mid-field, as long as the crappy directors show us.

It gets slow in here from time to time, but when there is only 1 or 2 weeks between races and not so many people on their breaks it seems to run fine, with topics having many replies every time I visit. I think we'll see it return to that way after another race or two.

Actually I would still watch f1 even w/o hamilton too.

I think I'm just getting used to the non-race weeks, but basically it's always been like this.

I agree that more overtakings would make it much more interesting, but I personally like this season, what made it boring were all the scandals involving it, so we're always stuck in the same discussions.

During the summer break it is slow, but to add ammunition to my opinion, the problem is a lack of on track interest to talk about. Take away the stewards decision from the last race, and what the else is there to talk about!!!!!!!. The racing is boring, and so few team have a chance of winning there is really nothing to get fired up about. Look at all the Button fans. Button is as good as he ever has been but the current F1 just leaves nothing for his fan to get pumped up about. There contributions here dry up. What have they got to get passionate about??? Driver talent gets lost in F1, and that my friends is a fundamental flaw in the show.

I am tired of listening to Bernies BS about the great F1 sporting event. The show is going downhill and peel away the hype you got nothing left to really talk about. If it wasn't for the British rookie Hamilton the show would really stink, and that is why there is nothing to talk about.

I agree, especially with the bold bit.

As a Button and Williams fan I'd have to say it isn't true in all cases... otherwise I'd be long gone by now. Hell I wouldn't have even signed up in the first place.

There needs to be half an hour dedicated to F1 on weekends when there isn't a race in my opinion. ITV has so many channels half an hour wouldn't go a miss and it would be interesting to show the other side of F1.

You watch F1 to get frustrated not to be excited!

Well I believe this whole forum-boredom has to do with the drivers left in the sport!I remember all the tension in here about whatever MS did, or the die-hard JV fans that almost all (including YHR) left after his retirement and all the debates about why he is the best or not, JPM gone to the USA etc.F1 may be less and less about the drivers but they are the ones that make the show and their puplic image motivates the fans.Not all F1 fans support teams. I am a Ferrari fan and I 'll always watch F1 as long as Ferrari is racing.MS's retirement did make my weekends less stressed though and I don't really like that.Therefore i believe that a great deal of passion has been lost from the sport through the drivers that left/retired/ etc.As soon as the human element comes forward again (eg Hamilton vs Alonso) and on-track rivalries between drivers and not machines begin to emerge again, everything will come back to life :D . I believe that day is not very far!

I take your point YHR but there are always interesting things to talk about. There are technical issues, personnel, car performance predictions, team mate comparisons and that's not even mentioning the over hyped stories like Hamilton and the recent spy scandal.

I'm as guilty as the next man, i guess. If there is nothing much going on here i generally don't tend to participate as much as i could. Ultimately, we make it what we want to.

For me, the worst seasons were the Dark Ages when the Ferrarisaurus Rex ruled the earth. I tried to support Mika in those awful years, even while deep inside I was totally convinced that he was no match for the Ferraris, not to mention certain german driver...

The last 3 seasons were much better, specially last year's. This is a rather good season, all things considered. Overtaking has been a rara avis since the eighties (geez, Mikas move on Schumi at Spa is considered the non plus ultra nowadays...people needs more reference points!) and by overtaking I mean a macho overtaking, the one where a guy in an inferior car forced his way past another based on pure arrogance, recklessness and skills. All things considered, this season is not all bad, at least you get a lot of bitching to talk about.

And please don't mention that thing about everybody leaving again, makes me feel guilty :blush:

I take your point YHR but there are always interesting things to talk about. There are technical issues, personnel, car performance predictions, team mate comparisons and that's not even mentioning the over hyped stories like Hamilton and the recent spy scandal.

I'm as guilty as the next man, i guess. If there is nothing much going on here i generally don't tend to participate as much as i could. Ultimately, we make it what we want to.

It is hard to get pumped up about the drivers though, because we have all come to the realization that there is not a whole bunch of reason to argue who's driver is best. We all know how much the car contributes to the winning formula, and we are left with very subjective views on who is the best. The recent stewards decision on Alonso totally screwed up the only excitment left in the Hungarian race. They pulled the carpet out form under our feet with that one. I was looking forward to a hell of a battle on Sunday, and then the Stewards got involved and turned it into a snoozefest.

The powers that be need to do some soul searching and let the races be decided on the track. There is already so little track action they can't afford to screw around with it. IMHO.

When JV left, my countryman was gone, and all I was left with was a mediocre show. It was then I realized how boring F1 has become. MS fans , Button fans, JV fans, are all just sitting back waiting for something to happen.

It is hard to get pumped up about the drivers though, because we have all come to the realization that there is not a whole bunch of reason to argue who's driver is best. We all know how much the car contributes to the winning formula, and we are left with very subjective views on who is the best. The recent stewards decision on Alonso totally screwed up the only excitment left in the Hungarian race. They pulled the carpet out form under our feet with that one. I was looking forward to a hell of a battle on Sunday, and then the Stewards got involved and turned it into a snoozefest.

The powers that be need to do some soul searching and let the races be decided on the track. There is already so little track action they can't afford to screw around with it. IMHO.

When JV left, my countryman was gone, and all I was left with was a mediocre show. It was then I realized how boring F1 has become. MS fans , Button fans, JV fans, are all just sitting back waiting for something to happen.

Can't argue with that. It feels like we have top quality ingredients but no one able to bake the cake.

I remember formula one as this glorious show. Where has that gone? The race has always been there but the activity, the party atmosphere, the fun, the true personnel, the personalities?

On the discussed driver situation, couldn't agree more, but its only one of many elements that could improve the sport.

I recall recently a transcript of an interview with Flavio, let this man take reign

It is hard to get pumped up about the drivers though, because we have all come to the realization that there is not a whole bunch of reason to argue who's driver is best. We all know how much the car contributes to the winning formula, and we are left with very subjective views on who is the best...

...When JV left, my countryman was gone, and all I was left with was a mediocre show. It was then I realized how boring F1 has become. MS fans , Button fans, JV fans, are all just sitting back waiting for something to happen.

Hey YHR, good to see you post... I am still a fan of watching JV race and watching F1 now...like watching an ex girlfriend who is no longer pretty and recalling how good things were in the past!!

Just can't fathom how stupid things are in F1 now:

1. Bernie still 'thinks' that F1 is great!! The only thing good about it is the money inflow to his bank account!!

2. Mostly bottom of the barrel with occasional flashes of brilliance Ralfie is still driving while better talents like JV, Montoya, Scott Speed, Luizzi are without a drive... :unsure:

3. Racing is defined in F1 by a teams better strategy to overtake in the pits!! This is the pits!! There is NO racing. Wait i've got a better idea, maybe teams can just come to a race track with their bank statements and the richest team wins...hmm sounds like Toyota might like that idea! :naughty:

4. Fast drivers who are used to electronic aids complaining they want them in 2008... :mf_tongue:

5. Stupid journalist.. The most recent heading says 'Lewis motivated ahead of final run to the flag' His 1st year in F1 and he is leading the championship wont he be motivated? Give that jurno an award for 'Blinding glimses of the obvious!!' :nono1:

Actually a kick in the rear will be more appropriate...any volunteers to do the honours??

Just my 2.012 cents..this is F1 after all we do measure everything by 3 decimal places no matter how meaningless!!

Hey YHR, good to see you post... I am still a fan of watching JV race and watching F1 now...like watching an ex girlfriend who is no longer pretty and recalling how good things were in the past!!

Just can't fathom how stupid things are in F1 now:

1. Bernie still 'thinks' that F1 is great!! The only thing good about it is the money inflow to his bank account!!

2. Mostly bottom of the barrel with occasional flashes of brilliance Ralfie is still driving while better talents like JV, Montoya, Scott Speed, Luizzi are without a drive... :unsure:

3. Racing is defined in F1 by a teams better strategy to overtake in the pits!! This is the pits!! There is NO racing. Wait i've got a better idea, maybe teams can just come to a race track with their bank statements and the richest team wins...hmm sounds like Toyota might like that idea! :naughty:

4. Fast drivers who are used to electronic aids complaining they want them in 2008... :mf_tongue:

5. Stupid journalist.. The most recent heading says 'Lewis motivated ahead of final run to the flag' His 1st year in F1 and he is leading the championship wont he be motivated? Give that jurno an award for 'Blinding glimses of the obvious!!' :nono1:

Actually a kick in the rear will be more appropriate...any volunteers to do the honours??

Just my 2.012 cents..this is F1 after all we do measure everything by 3 decimal places no matter how meaningless!!

Pretty much sums it up. I still watch hoping for some brillance on the track, but usually I am rewarded with some incompetence at some level, or another. Maybe I am missing something during those times I nod off during the "excitement" of the race :rolleyes::lol: That must be it. Twelve billion other F1 viewers can't be wrong.

During the summer break it is slow, but to add ammunition to my opinion, the problem is a lack of on track interest to talk about. Take away the stewards decision from the last race, and what the else is there to talk about!!!!!!!. The racing is boring, and so few team have a chance of winning there is really nothing to get fired up about. Look at all the Button fans. Button is as good as he ever has been but the current F1 just leaves nothing for his fan to get pumped up about. There contributions here dry up. What have they got to get passionate about??? Driver talent gets lost in F1, and that my friends is a fundemental flaw in the show.

You say that but I disagree. What about the 5 year schuey reign!! That was boring as hell. And you want events......

Did you not watch the European GP???

That was one of the most exciting races ever!!

You say that but I disagree. What about the 5 year schuey reign!! That was boring as hell. And you want events......

And then go and watch Monaco only one overtaking and that too in the pits....

The fundamental problem is not the lack overtaking but the lack of a level playing field for the drivers. If you make overtaking easier all that will happen is that you might get a few good moves in the first 10 laps, but after that it will settle down with the cars in their "steady-state" (ie final) positions.

The fundamental problem is not the lack overtaking but the lack of a level playing field for the drivers. If you make overtaking easier all that will happen is that you might get a few good moves in the first 10 laps, but after that it will settle down with the cars in their "steady-state" (ie final) positions.

Not if they're on different strategies or tyres.

Yeah true, but I still think the bigger problem is that the field quickly gets spread out due to car differences.

Last time I tried to spice things up in a forum I got booted from PlanetF1's forum. So boring is ok with me. I just wanna know what others are thinking about the F1 circus.

Yeah, what we need is NK back on the forum and back on the track.............LMAO

Excuse me ?????

Welcome back, sir.

Thank you, life has been too busy with the new job....Miss this forum, I see some of the good ol' guys still around, and thankfully some of them missing (including me :) )