Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagman

Is Ferrari cheating?

I know a lot of you will think I am crying 'sour grapes' as I am the Jagman, but what is up with Ferrari.??

I dont want to imply that they are cheating, but how can they be so much faster than everyone else?? ross brawn and schuey can only do so much for the team and how could mclaren get the new regs so wrong??

I know people will say thet Ferrari stormed ahead at Sepang because they had intermediate boots on while the macs and the others had wets on, but i dont buy it...

Ferrari have either hit the nail spot on the head while the other teams missed it in 2001 car design or it has to be something else...and I think it smells kinda fishy!

:shocked:

later

Jagman

Hi Jagman,

Your post title was "is ferrari cheating"

then you claim you don't want to infer that ferrari are cheating.

I think you may be a little confused. Either you think they are or they aren't.

Either way, if Ferrari are cheating, you can be rest assured that the stewards and race officials will jump on it pretty quick.

McLaren have already stated that they will not be race-ready until San Marino because they have not been able to test on these 'far away' circuits.

It seems to me that if McLaren don't feel they are ready yet, and it is accepted that Ferrari and McLaren are the top cars in F1 at the moment, then it is sensible to expect Ferrari to be 'running away with it' at the moment.

Once San Marino starts it will be interesting to see if McLaren pull out in front.

spose i was a bit confused with my post, eh?

I guess when TC is legally allowed back into F1 and Ferrari show's no performance boost then I will really think they are cheating.

I like you also hope that if a team cheats they will get caught, but with software that could be so eaily written to wipe itself at the push of a button on the drivers steering wheel when they pull into the parc ferm (sp?) who knows what any teams could be hiding...

Ahhhh now i understand!!

But i still don't think they are cheating. I think we will know for sure after Mclaren feel they are up to speed.

Or after the race officials arrest someone.

Hey Jagman, you should check out the cafe and add some weird stuff to my list :)

heyy guys..

about cheating.. it's strange.. look at Barrichello.. he

was overtaking the same like Schumi.. that's a little bit

strange to me.. none of the drivers have the same style

of overtaking.. so.. i think there's gotta be some strange

Traction control, maybe somehow from the engine shuting

down and up.. i don't know.. I've just remembered Heinz-Harald when he said that the Ferrari powered cars were amazingly

fast out of corners (acceleration)

Frentzen's comments sure do make it interesting dont they? After all, Sauber doesnt handle the electronics on their engines, Ferrari does! Maybe Australia was Ferrari's testing ground and they used Sauber as a guinea pig...?

Even though I personally think it is slightly unreasonable I am a bit concerned over how fast those Ferrari's actually were going at Malaysia. They were lapping 5 seconds faster than the others and even with the better tyre choice that does raise a few eyebrows.

heyya all

Hmm.. i think Ferrari would help Prost not Sauber..

Sauber have good engines but the rest is..... :)

I'm concerned over Ferrari speed too.. after all they

were using intermediates on the soaked track, not

the monsoon or wet tyres.. i don't know how the

car can be so fast with intermediate tyres.. unless

if they were running low fuel cars and than refuel

it when the safety car was out.. #### i don't know,

it's hard to be that fast with none of driving assistances

whatsoever..

P.S. my english is not very good :)

hi MViper

Dont worry about your english, it is fine :)

Interesting comments...

It is strange how the red cars could be so much quicker (in such wet conditions) and I dont think the fuel load had anything to do with it...

The Ferrari is so much better than the other cars anyway - after Ralf, Schumi has pretty much been a second faster than everyone else in qualfying - and Schumi is the best wet/dry conditions driver in F1....

Tell me this - why are Ferrari cheating now, when no-one created so much a fuss like this in 1998 when the McLarens lapped the field in Australia?? Do you think Ferrari would be so blatant in cheating? They're not stupid...

Sam, maybe it is BECAUSE of the lapping done by McLarens, that is making people think Ferrari are cheating?

That doesn't make sense...let me try again.

Before traction control with Mclaren....everyone oohed and aaahhed over how much faster Mclaren was. No one suspected them of cheating, just that they were so #### fast.

Then the traction control was discovered. It wasn't cheating...the rules weren't specific in that area. They were legitimately going faster because of the device. No one accused mclaren of cheating at that stage, although there were sour grapes from other teams who felt it was an unfair advantage.

Then traction control was ruled as not acceptable by the FIA.

Now many moons later, Ferrari are lapping everyone. People are presuming that they must be using some 'illegal device' to go faster, therefore they are cheating.

It is because of the precedent set by mclaren that people now accuse ferrari of cheating.

That's my opinion anyhoo.

I personally don't believe Ferrari ARE cheating, in any way shape or form. I believe Mclaren haven't found their 'form' yet with the car.

***Oh and I probably got half my 'facts' wrong in those last few paragraphs....please correct me gently LOL ***

:biggrin:

Hey F1 fans :)

Sam: i didn't say ferrari was cheating.. it's just strange

to be that fast, when everybody is trying as hard as they

can to catch up the McLarens and Ferraris..

McLaren was so fast in 98 because Newey arrived and

Mercedes gave a lot of money to Illen to develop a high performance engine.. (and other things of course, not

just this two things..)

Ferrari is having the same staff for 4-5 years now.. and

(for my opinion)is hard to build "perfect" car with same

staff that built not so fast cars in previous years..

And it's true.. it's maybe same like last year, with a

difference that we don't see fast McLarens.. there are

just fast Ferraris and maybe is this what we're all

talkin about :) and i think that McLaren will be again

very fast back in europe..

anyway.. it's quite unusual to see ferrari dominating, i

don't remember ferrari dominatning for years, so this

is maybe a little bit new for everybody? :)

Take care guys

I was in Melbourne for the GP and I like to get around track and watch from different angles. The only noticeable misfiring I could detect was indeed coming from the Saubers BUT that was as they decelerated into the corners rather than accelerated

The very fact that Ferrari have had the same departmen for the last 5 years is the essence of why they are doing so well - consistency is the key to speed in F1, and they've been developing the car until it's perfect...

well.. u could be right.. maybe the same staff could

improve and build a really great car.. could be :)

Take care

Ferrari would not put their drivers into jeopardy.

We just have to face the fact,, that they have the best driver, and the best car in 2001......