Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Honda Shuffle Continues

Honda Racing's head of aerodynamics Mariano Alperin-Bruvera has left the team, autosport.com has learned.

The Argentinean, who first joined Honda when it was BAR in 1998, has resigned from his position and speculation has linked him with a move to BMW-Sauber.

Honda Racing are not planning to appoint a replacement, having just signed senior aerodynamicists Loic Bigois and John Owen recently.

Team boss Nick Fry told autosport.com that Honda had no bad feelings about Alperin-Bruvera's decision.

"It happened shortly after Loic arrived so it wasn't a big surprise," said Fry. "It was Mariano's decision. He has been at the team a long time so it was completely understandable. Mariano is a very intelligent decent human being so he has left on good terms."

Alperin-Bruvera had spells at AGS and Minardi before joining BAR. He was appointed to oversee the team's Brackley windtunnel in the wake of Geoff Willis' departure in 2005 and oversaw the development of this year's RA107.

All these changes are starting to fascinate me, as I can't remember the last time a team changed so many personnel. Could go horribly wrong again, but if next year sees them out without significant improvement then that must be rock bottom.

I also highlighted a comment that shows how much Fry will decorate the cake to make it sickly sweet.

All these changes are starting to fascinate me, as I can't remember the last time a team changed so many personnel. Could go horribly wrong again, but if next year sees them out without significant improvement then that must be rock bottom.

I also highlighted a comment that shows how much Fry will decorate the cake to make it sickly sweet.

Hopefully that'd see the end of Nick Fry at Honda. (probably not though)