Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Turkey 2007 - Qualifying And Race

Now started...

VL

AS

SY

TS

RS

JT

NR

AW

SV

All out in the first few minutes!

Sakon has had a scruffy lap and went off the track twice.

Rosberg goes fastest with a 1:28.275 with Wurz just behind him before Heikki splits them. Button goes 4th out of 13, surprisingly quick, but not for long as Coulthard goes 3rd.

Hamilton currently fastest in sector 1 with a 32.3 (although he is the first big runner) Kimi beats it with a slightly faster first sector. Hamilton's lap is a 1:27.513, Raikkonen a 1:27.294.

Alonso - 1:27.328

Massa - 1:27.488

Hamilton 4th of the top 4.

Currently in trouble: RS, AD, TS, SV, AS & SY

After a dash for the line from 10th-22nd positions the six out are:

VL

RS

TS

SV

AS

SY

The order is...

KR

FA

FM

LH

RK

NH

HK

NR

AD

GF

JT

AW

JB

DC

MW

RB

my country does not even play the qualifying live , not even at all. They are just not playing it at all tonight!!!

Session 2

11 minutes remaining and nobody has set a quick one.

AW, HK, GF, JT, DC, MW & NR about too set laps.

KR fastest with a 1:26.902 to Heikki, with Webber in third. Hamilton pips into second with 1:26.936, Massa follows behind with a 1:27.039.

Alonso goes fastest with a 1:26.841. BMW set identical times. So it is:

FA

KR

LH

FM

RK

NH

HK

MW

GF

DC

So the fight to get into the final qualifying session is about to start. 7-16th out on track.

AD, MW, DC, RB, JB & AW are all out.

Session 2

11 minutes remaining and nobody has set a quick one.

AW, HK, GF, JT, DC, MW & NR about too set laps.

KR fastest with a 1:26.902 to Heikki, with Webber in third. Hamilton pips into second with 1:26.936, Massa follows behind with a 1:27.039.

Alonso goes fastest with a 1:26.841. BMW set identical times. So it is:

FA

KR

LH

FM

RK

NH

HK

MW

GF

DC

So the fight to get into the final qualifying session is about to start. 7-16th out on track.

AD, MW, DC, RB, JB & AW are all out.

good to see the old man (david) doing good. I hope Mark does not get unlucky tomorrow!

Gah poor Anthony Davidson, my man so far today great driving from him, almost got

his car in to the top 10 but Trulli had to go and spoil it all...

:)

Gah poor Anthony Davidson, my man so far today great driving from him, almost got

his car in to the top 10 but Trulli had to go and spoil it all...

:)

It's better for Davidson to be 11th than 10th. He'd just have to use his engine and set a fuel load to in all likelihood remain 10th.

Session 3

Raikkonen is out first, Hamilton second and Alonso decides to hang back. The boring fuel burn stage is exactly that and not even mind games to write about...

Trulli first to make the move and change tyres for an attempt at a quick lap. Sets a 1:29.074.

They're all making their move and it looks like Alonso > Raikkonen > Hamilton > Massa (From last session)

Good last sector and Massa goes fastest (27.520), Alonso after the fastest first sector goes slower (27.574) than Raikkonen (27.546) and Hamilton is 4th.

Top 3 are in the 1:27.5xx

Hamilton is 4 tenths off. (27.931)

Hamilton picks up his pace and gets provisional pole, but Massa takes it back. Alonso goes from hero to zero in the last session. Raikkonen takes third.

Positions:

FM

LH

KR

FA

RB

NH

HK

NR

JT

GF

Session 3

Raikkonen is out first, Hamilton second and Alonso decides to hang back. The boring fuel burn stage is exactly that and not even mind games to write about...

Trulli first to make the move and change tyres for an attempt at a quick lap. Sets a 1:29.074.

They're all making their move and it looks like Alonso > Raikkonen > Hamilton > Massa (From last session)

Good last sector and Massa goes fastest (27.520), Alonso after the fastest first sector goes slower (5.74) than Raikkonen (27.546) and Hamilton is 4th.

Top 3 are in the 1:27.5xx

Hamilton is 4 tenths off. (27.931)

Hamilton picks up his pace and gets provisional pole, but Massa takes it back. Alonso goes from hero to zero in the last session. Raikkonen takes third.

Positions:

FM

LH

KR

FA

RB

NH

HK

NR

JT

GF

Thought KR had it in the bag . Still very close between Ferrari and McLaren.

Well, this was a great qualifying, not great in itself but the outcome is good. Ferrari and McLaren are really close, probably fuel loads are really similar, and we're in for an exciting start of race tomorrow. Isn't that just great? They'll have to give their all, and I hope reliability problems don't spoil the fun. Looking forward to it n_n

Yeah great session! I'm happy with the result. Lewis has a car betwixt himself and 'Nando, but it's strange that Felipe was ahead of Kimi. Anyway it should be a fun race tomorrow.

Anthony Davidson put in a solid performance - star of qualifying imo. Kimi makes a small mistake in final corner, but during fuel burn his pace looked good. Massa on pole. Alonso makes bad tyre choice - picking harder option instead of softer like all other top runners, ITV don't show Raikkonen's interview in the post quali press conference, if it had been Hamilton third they would have. :thbdn:

Well, this was a great qualifying, not great in itself but the outcome is good. Ferrari and McLaren are really close, probably fuel loads are really similar, and we're in for an exciting start of race tomorrow. Isn't that just great? They'll have to give their all, and I hope reliability problems don't spoil the fun. Looking forward to it n_n

Yeah should be a good race between the four contenders on a track where passing is possible.

It's better for Davidson to be 11th than 10th. He'd just have to use his engine and set a fuel load to in all likelihood remain 10th.

Disagree, F1 can change very quickly and it would take a retirement from one of the

other 9 runners to get him a better slot. It's like saying you should pull into the pits

and quit if you are running last in an F1 race.

It's also good Tv coverage for the entire team which right now they could really use

to get some good sponser on board. I for one would like Super Aguri to remain in F1.

Disagree, F1 can change very quickly and it would take a retirement from one of the

other 9 runners to get him a better slot. It's like saying you should pull into the pits

It's also good Tv coverage for the entire team which right now they could really use

to get some good sponser on board. I for one would like Super Aguri to remain in F1.

It was a great effort from Davidson, hopefully barring any gremlins in the top 4 we should have a really great race tomorrow. Can't wait !!!

Eh? This is about a qualifying position not the race. Why are you bringing retirements into it?

If he was in the top 10 he'd have to choose fuel load and no doubt would run light, meaning 11th-13th could all easily jump him. It's well stated among F1 drivers who have been 10th or 11th that 11th is better than 10th.

Found a quote from who was 10th in Hungary:

Mark Webber: 10th

"It's not ideal to be tenth on the grid here, actually it's one of the worst positions to be in as it's so hard to overtake! I'd prefer to be eleventh. With the qualifying rules we now have, you can end up going through all of Q3 but finishing tenth means you don't really gain anything, as you can't adjust your fuel ahead of the race as the other cars behind you can. But, I think we have a reasonable strategy so we'll see what we can do tomorrow."

Well, since I post this in every qualifying thread, might as well post it in this one: I didn't watch. Surprise, surprise.

From what it looks like, I think Lewis will pass Massa in the first corner and win.

I think Raikkonen will pass Lewis and finish at least 2nd.

I hope so. I was thinking whether Alonso will overtake R

No surprise about me pulling for Massa. The little Brazillian with the Flying Finn as a team mate has kept his cool and delivered performances that have moved him into the driving elite. All this with no drama, just a big smile on his face. Looks good on him. I wish him all the best.

No surprise about me pulling for Massa. The little Brazillian with the Flying Finn as a team mate has kept his cool and delivered performances that have moved him into the driving elite. All this with no drama, just a big smile on his face. Looks good on him. I wish him all the best.

That is exactly one of the reasons i like him, he doesn't talk too much but yet more than kimi.... He could have made a full controversy abt the fuel stragy claiming Ferrari does not want him to win; but he took it in his stride and went on the next race and took pole....