Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Ralf S Rings Torro Rosso

maybe R. S. has finally seen the light ?

He sure is not that competitive where he is so why not give the boss of the team near the bottom a ring to get a drive in 2008? seems even Ralf aint too sure he will be where he is come 2008 :clap3:

Well 2 me i think that Ralf has 3 options on his plate:

Resign with Toyota for a third of what he is currently earning (which is reported to be over 20 million dollars)

Resign with his former team: Williams for roughly the same amount of money as what Toyota would offer him; which would be about 6 million a year lets say?

Final option Retire:

for me i have nothing against Ralf but its far to suggest that his best years in formula one are over. His a proven winner and maybe it would be fair to see some new blood in a competitive team.

I think he should just retire now. He's had a few good races this season matching the pace of Trulli, but I feel if he stays in F1 much longer he'll just be consistently outperformed.

Torro Rosso would be a good move for him. I'm not sure that Vettel has the pace to shine in the team and may not prove as fast as Speed or Liuzzi

"Ralf rings toro rosso?" I hope they don't answer.

We could send him to Nascar, will improve both categories average skill.

(Sorry Nascar fans, I couldn't resist!)

Retire. Now.

+1, otherwise he may face the embarrassment of being outpaced by yet another team mate.

Poor Ralf. His brother got all the good driving genes, and there was nothing left for him.

I think the best option is for him to retire. He's been in F1 for 10 years & his place on the grid is usually mid-table for him & Trulli & I don't thin kit's gonna be any better with STR.

Torro Rosso would be a good move for him. I'm not sure that Vettel has the pace to shine in the team and may not prove as fast as Speed or Liuzzi

I suppose that's one way Ralf could be dominant against a team mate; though maybe not for long. I think having him make some contributions to the development of a mediocre car is probably his only real option in F1 should Toyota release him.

yeah send him to nascar.... He and montoya can take each other out....

By all accounts, Gerhard Berger has already said no to Ralf but yet has not closed the door on a deal being done in the future.

I'm not sure Williams would want him back, which basically narrows down his options somewhat.

He's got to hope Toyota wish to resign him in my view.

Frank Williams has mentioned he is considering Ralf in his 08 line up

:lol::lol:

I actually think Ralf would suck more than most of the NASCAR guys, harder than it looks.

I guess we could end up seeing the most hated driver pairing in a long time: Ralf and Nelson Piquet Jr at Williams!

I actually think Ralf would suck more than most of the NASCAR guys, harder than it looks.

I guess we could end up seeing the most hated driver pairing in a long time: Ralf and Nelson Piquet Jr at Williams!

Hey we are going to see Ralf and Narain on the grid next year....

Well 2 me i think that Ralf has 3 options on his plate:

Resign with Toyota for a third of what he is currently earning (which is reported to be over 20 million dollars)

Resign with his former team: Williams for roughly the same amount of money as what Toyota would offer him; which would be about 6 million a year lets say?

Final option Retire:

for me i have nothing against Ralf but its far to suggest that his best years in formula one are over. His a proven winner and maybe it would be fair to see some new blood in a competitive team.

Your right V12 they are his options, they are beak to say the least.

Vettel has been in the seat for 2 GP's give him time to adjust to the new car.

Retire. Now.

I agree, see ya Ralf :banana-wave: Even the gay bannana is waving goodbye!!!!

hahahahahahahaha poor Ralf... I like him *a bit*... Actually I also think he'll retire. Williams is in talks with Timo and I think he's more likely to get ths seat. All others seem already gone...

Vettel has been in the seat for 2 GP's give him time to adjust to the new car.

Quick drivers are quick out of the box.

Rosberg, Hamilton, Button, Nando, Webber, Schumi, Senna, Kimi, Nick, Kubica etc. were all very quick from day 1. Vettel is significantly slower than Liuzzi who was very equal in pace with Speed - So, are Torro Rosso going forwards or backwards

:eusa_think:

My sentiments, exactly.

Toro Rosso kicked Speed who was doing the best he could in a crappy car, now they will do the same with Liuzzi who is just as good. Vettel, meanwhile, still has to prove he is the young marvel everybody says he is. The other two are proven able drivers, why throw their experience and skills away?

And this proves that being a good driver in a crappy car certainly doesn't improves your career.

I don't think anybody will rush to sign up Liuzzi, even Ralf has more chances. I was about to say that this is sad, but on second thoughts this is more nauseating than sad.

Quick drivers are quick out of the box.

Rosberg, Hamilton, Button, Nando, Webber, Schumi, Senna, Kimi, Nick, Kubica etc. were all very quick from day 1. Vettel is significantly slower than Liuzzi who was very equal in pace with Speed - So, are Torro Rosso going forwards or backwards

:eusa_think:

Vettel was quick out of the box, do you not remember Indy this year?

Here is a reminder:

Practice 1: 4th quickest

Practice 2: 10th quickest

Saturday Practice: 2nd quickest

Qualy: 7th - 2 tenths down on Nick

Race: 8th - pushing MW & JT to the flag - setting the 6th fastest lap of the GP

The STR would be a pig to drive compared to the BMW, lets just give him a minute before we class him as no good or a future Champion.

lol A new low for Ralf :lol:

:lol:

Back on the topic now -

Ralf would be best suited to German Touring Cars he can then get his backside kicked by other ex F1 drivers would have found a nice home in the series.

Back on the topic now -

Ralf would be best suited to German Touring Cars he can then get his backside kicked by other ex F1 drivers would have found a nice home in the series.

That would be a great idea for Ralfie to move to DTM which'll erase his rep for good, unless somebody watches Motors TV most of the time, & see how he'll face off with Mika!

That would be a great idea for Ralfie to move to DTM which'll erase his rep for good, unless somebody watches Motors TV most of the time, & see how he'll face off with Mika!

I get Motors tv, and I would love to see him get regularly spanked in an 3 year old Audi!

I get Motors tv, and I would love to see him get regularly spanked in an 3 year old Audi!
Well I don't have Sky digital so that's a pity!

hahaha im p*ssed off. i got cable tv now with all tva channels... unfortunately the one w free practices belongs to another cable tv company haha :/

but i was watching le mans this morning, so maybe they still have something interesting for me :)