Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Jv Nascar 08

Source

Best of luck, Jacques...now go suck at NASCAR and get sent to Champ Car where we need you.

........and suck he will..................................

Nascar is turning into a graveyard for rejected F1 drivers. While it will certainly benefit NASCAR's reputation outside U.S., I can't see how actual NASCAR race could benefit from racers from a totally different type of racing. They are smart, though, for they are getting the ones that should never have been rejected by F1. Formula 1's lose, NASCAR's gain.

JPM will do well.

JV will fail to qualify most weekends and won't do well when he does.

Scott Speed will also fail to qualify most weekends and won't do well when he does.

JPM will stick with it til he retires.

JV will get a year if he's lucky.

Scott Speed will get a year if he's lucky.

JV will just go away.

Scott Speed will look for work in Champ Car, and if he can't get it, which he probably won't, he'll just go away too.

And NASCAR drivers are dumbasses. Clint Bowyer claims that since they're getting F1 rejects, NASCAR must be "the cream of the crop, the top of the ladder"...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You convince yourself that, buddy. As much as I don't really like F1's current state, F1 is still the top of the ladder, can't really argue against that.

Bowyer? consider the source.......................

It's sad to see Speed and Villeneuve turn down Champ Car. Really sucks. Champ Car's slowly on the rise, but it really doesn't do much for the sport when Bourdais would rather go from being paid $2,000,000 per year to win a bunch of races and the championship to being paid $250,000 per year to run around in 10-20 in F1.

It's sad to see Speed and Villeneuve turn down Champ Car. Really sucks. Champ Car's slowly on the rise, but it really doesn't do much for the sport when Bourdais would rather go from being paid $2,000,000 per year to win a bunch of races and the championship to being paid $250,000 per year to run around in 10-20 in F1.

I would love to see him have another go an champ car

I hope Monty bashes that speky-4-eyed b@stard into the concrete wall. That would be nice to see especially since Setanta Sports turns into NASN during the night!

Since there's sooooooo much gravel at a NASCAR circuit ;) ...I think you mean to say "concrete wall"

And I just hope Bill Davis continues to focus on Bobby Santos, III. in addition to JV. And I hope JV gives up after 2 weeks and goes to Champ Car. And same for Scott Speed. And that JPM comes back to F1.

I don't mind JV, I actually like him. Not afraid to see what he thinks. A good man.

But the poor sod's been wanting to get into F1 for a long time; I can see why he'd take a pay cut now to get in the game some how. He's not getting any younger, and he can afford a smaller salary (many times what I earn!) with the money he's already earnt anyways. I think the sooner the better if Bourdais want's to have a spell in F1 while there's still any youth in him.

But the poor sod's been wanting to get into F1 for a long time; I can see why he'd take a pay cut now to get in the game some how. He's not getting any younger, and he can afford a smaller salary (many times what I earn!) with the money he's already earnt anyways. I think the sooner the better if Bourdais want's to have a spell in F1 while there's still any youth in him.

Yeah, I understand why Bourdais's doing it, I'd also take a pay cut to go race F1 if anyone wants to make me an offer.

However, it is a little sad that Champ Car is so lame in his mind that it isn't even worth 1.75 million more per year to him.

Since there's sooooooo much gravel at a NASCAR circuit ;) ...I think you mean to say "concrete wall"
whoops, my bad. Why the hell did I say gravel :bangin: ??

I hope Monty bashes that speky-4-eyed b@stard into the concrete wall. That would be nice to see especially since Setanta Sports turns into NASN during the night!

That's predudice saying that people who were glasses are so called "4 eyes"

Grow up kid.

Well, best of look to him in his new career

I have to laugh at this anti JV sentiment. Last year in F1 JV was much closer to NH then RK is today!!!!!. JV was driving the Peugot to a podium finish at Lemans until the car failed with about 15 laps to go.

I think if JV was still at BMW he would be much closer to NH then RK is.

Half the current F1 field has drivers with less abiltiy then JV.

JV has lots of oval experience. He won't be embarrassed. AS JPM is finding out, it is not easy in NASCAR, so JV is going to have a tough time there, but so would any of the current F1 pilots. IT is a totally different type of racing.

JV has won Indy and the Cart championship. He has nothing to improve on there. NASCAR and LeMans offer a challenge, and a reward that would look good on his lifelong accomplshments. Winning another CART championship, just doesn't do it for him.

Imagine winning

WDC

CART

INDY

LeMans

NASCAR

How could anyone say you weren't a racer with a bio like that. Some would still try to belittle him, but they would look rather silly trying. JV has always said the F1 is the pinnicle, but he understands NASCAR enough to know comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. NASCAR offers something completely different, and a chance to continue competing at LeMans.

Nascar is turning into a graveyard for rejected F1 drivers. While it will certainly benefit NASCAR's reputation outside U.S., I can't see how actual NASCAR race could benefit from racers from a totally different type of racing. They are smart, though, for they are getting the ones that should never have been rejected by F1. Formula 1's lose, NASCAR's gain.

I agree Andres :thbup:

Anyway all the best JV :)

Montoya Offers Help to Villeneuve in NASCAR Transition

They nearly came to blows when their careers crossed paths in formula one, but Juan Pablo Montoya and Jacques Villeneuve could soon be friends.

In the drivers' briefing before the Canadian grand prix in 2001, the pair had to be physically separated after arguing about one another's driving style.

But now, with 1997 world champion Villeneuve starting a new career in NASCAR, Colombian Montoya - who switched to the popular American brand of racing last year - said he looks forward to catching up with his old foe in a new setting.

"I think it's nice to see Jacques, and hopefully he does well," Montoya said when he was asked about Villeneuve's Craftsman Truck Series test this week and likely Nextel Cup foray in 2008.

"If I can help in any way I will. He's a nice guy."

Villeneuve agrees that both he and Montoya have "mellowed down" since 2001, when the French-Canadian is thought to have grabbed Montoya by the neck following a comment about a crash earlier that season in which a marshal was killed.

"We had a hard time, I would say early in our careers," he said.

"There were just a few high-spirited moments in car on the track."

Montoya added that he thinks there might be a bond between the pair when they meet in the NASCAR paddocks.

"There will be something there," he said. "I don't know how big or how small, but we have a lot of things in common.

"Jacques is very cool, he's changed a lot since I first knew him. He's like a kid. He's always buying music. I look forward to him getting here."

aaaaaw! I always knew they'd make best friends hehe :D How sweet is that?

aaaaaw! I always knew they'd make best friends hehe :D How sweet is that?

Its a shame it cant be a little more like that in the F1 paddock

NASCAR is a different type of racing than F1 (or Champ Car for that matter). NASCAR will clearly admit that they are as much about entertainment as motorsport. Villeneuve opens up new markets and adds additional flair to a sport that wants desparately to grow internationally.

As a fan of most forms of motor racing, F1 fans need to be careful about throwing stones. Right now, the only way to win in F1 is qualify in a Ferrari or McLaren and make sure you do all your overtaking in the pits. Not really compelling racing.

JPM will do well.

JV will fail to qualify most weekends and won't do well when he does.

Scott Speed will also fail to qualify most weekends and won't do well when he does.

JPM will stick with it til he retires.

JV will get a year if he's lucky.

Scott Speed will get a year if he's lucky.

JV will just go away.

Scott Speed will look for work in Champ Car, and if he can't get it, which he probably won't, he'll just go away too.

And NASCAR drivers are dumbasses. Clint Bowyer claims that since they're getting F1 rejects, NASCAR must be "the cream of the crop, the top of the ladder"...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You convince yourself that, buddy. As much as I don't really like F1's current state, F1 is still the top of the ladder, can't really argue against that.

........and suck he will..................................

JV's response

Earlier this week, Jacques Villeneuve enjoyed a successful and impressive debut for Bill Davis Racing Toyota this week as he made his first return to oval in over a decade. Testing at the Chicagoland Speedway, Jacques quickly acclimatised to his new machinery and was soon recording lap times just shy of teammate Mike Skinner.

Jacques' CV looks quite a bit like Mario Andretti's...moreso than any other recent F1 driver. I bring this up because Mario has always been viewed as a rounded driver, capable of competing, and winning in all forms of racing. JV deserves close to the same kudos Mario is given.

Many will think that JV will do in NASCAR what Montoya has done, namely nothing. This would be an incorrect prediction. Jacques has a better mind for car set-up and that will eventually boost him higher than Montoya.

Question to all teh NASCAR fans there, what does an F1 driver must change to adapt to NASCAR? What are the differences, from a driver's pointg of view? What would be hardest for him?

Question to all teh NASCAR fans there, what does an F1 driver must change to adapt to NASCAR? What are the differences, from a driver's pointg of view? What would be hardest for him?

Turning right on an oval isn't suggested :rolleyes:

Seriously, just about everything. Weight, brakes, acceleration, gear changes, not to mention the Aero drafting that goes on in NASCAR. It would be easier to ask what is similiar. It has four tires and a driver.

36 races of 400-500 miles each, 3600-lb cars, much closer competition, ovals, really everything. The bes way to describe it is on some racing sim, get a really good F1 mod and a really god NASCAR mod and drive the same track with them. I've done this on rFactor at Montreal (the only track NASCAR and F1 share) and to turn the F1 car, you had to slow down before the corner, but to turn in NASCAR you had to carry full speed in to get it to turn, and then brake through the corner to keep it off the wall. The stock car was 10 times harder to driver.

JV's response

...The guy likes to race.

As a long time fan of JV myself. I am now indifferent to him. Why? My perception is that he seems to be now all about the money...

When he left F1, there wasn't any decent explanation given or any kind of info for us fans. Except links to his myspace page to pay and download his song! I think JV is a great driver, not afraid to voice his opinion but at the same time does he really care about the fans other than their money??

So you can't find a job in F1, and don't have much else left to prove there anyway, and your career's in decline.

You have an option to make millions more per year and get 10 times the exposure as Champ Car or IndyCar to race cars. and you'd say no because...

I wish JV had more power and influence, enough for IRL and CCWS to come together for him. But in the end, the only person who could do it is Danica Patrick, no one else has influence anymore.