Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Jv Nascar 08

36 races of 400-500 miles each, 3600-lb cars, much closer competition, ovals, really everything. The bes way to describe it is on some racing sim, get a really good F1 mod and a really god NASCAR mod and drive the same track with them. I've done this on rFactor at Montreal (the only track NASCAR and F1 share) and to turn the F1 car, you had to slow down before the corner, but to turn in NASCAR you had to carry full speed in to get it to turn, and then brake through the corner to keep it off the wall. The stock car was 10 times harder to driver.

That's because (not impling stock or spec-Nascars are in anyway easy) you didn't have to really deal with the G-loads and dehydration that an F1 must endure.

That's because (not impling stock or spec-Nascars are in anyway easy) you didn't have to really deal with the G-loads and dehydration that an F1 must endure.

Oh? Try driving in a car for 3+ hours at 130+ deg.

Oh? Try driving in a car for 3+ hours at 130+ deg.

:thbup:

Both demand a lot of skill. I have as much respect for Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon as I do for Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher. Call me crazy, but A) I've driver lower level stock cars that are in theory easier to drive than in NASCAR, and it's pretty damn hard and B) I used to be a very passionate fan of NASCAR and therefore had more of an understanding.