Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUschumi

Totally Disheartened By Jean Todt Comment

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61841

Dennis worried title could be tainted

"We are in F1 to win. But the most important thing is not just winning, it is how we win," he said. "I do not know what twists and turns are going to take place in the Court of Appeal.

"If we do not come out of that Court of Appeal with an unblemished reputation then the results of this season will be tainted.

"I know the truth and the truth is that McLaren as a company are not involved in this matter. And I just do not want to find through some process that our reputation is damaged. The rumours and spin that I have heard about this matter just leave me amazed.

"I cannot believe that people can construct some inaccurate views based on no fact whatsoever and be quite comfortable to project them into the pack as being true. It is ridiculous."

Ferrari team principal Jean Todt said on Sunday night that he would ensure the truth from his outfit's perspective will come out in his team's presentation at the meeting.

"(It) will be very important this hearing of the 13th (September). We want the truth to appear. And it will appear. That is something for me, which for Ferrari, for the sport, for me, I want it to appear. And it will appear."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean Todt is confident that McLaren will be punished. With such comment at this stage of championship, McLaren morale will hit another low/blow. Off the race track, he is trying very hard to distract the McLaren and hope that would give another psychological advantage to Ferrari.

Why can't they settle everything after the final (Brazil) race and lets everyone concentrates on racing first?

I am totally frustrated with Ferrari. They are the one who caused/started the problem and no one blames the root cause rather than accusing the affected party.

If McLaren got punished before the season ended, it would be another disappointing season of Mafiarrari........ :blush:

"I know the truth and the truth is that McLaren as a company are not involved in this matter. And I just do not want to find through some process that our reputation is damaged. The rumours and spin that I have heard about this matter just leave me amazed."

After everything that happened w/McLaren at Hungary, I don't trust a single word out of Ron Dennis' mouth. In fact, a sure way to tell that he's lying is to see if his lips are moving.

Jean Todt is confident that McLaren will be punished. With such comment at this stage of championship, McLaren morale will hit another low/blow. Off the race track, he is trying very hard to distract the McLaren and hope that would give another psychological advantage to Ferrari.

Why can't they settle everything after the final (Brazil) race and lets everyone concentrates on racing first?

I am totally frustrated with Ferrari. They are the one who caused/started the problem and no one blames the root cause rather than accusing the affected party.

If McLaren got punished before the season ended, it would be another disappointing season of Mafiarrari........ :blush:

Root cause was Mclaren stealing ferrari documents.... Thats like saying when a thief is caught, the trail should be done after the thief finishes enjoying his stolen goods....

Root cause was Mclaren stealing ferrari documents.... Thats like saying when a thief is caught, the trail should be done after the thief finishes enjoying his stolen goods....

It seems like the unhappy Stepney is the person who is conducting the stealing, i.e. the root cause of the whole spy scandal.

If applicable, under the well-known SEC rules and regulations, both who leaked and received the info will be punished.

If only McLaren is punished, it signals that teams are free to leak info and the whole F1 will be in chaos.

Please feel free to comment. :rolleyes:

It seems like the unhappy Stepney is the person who is conducting the stealing, i.e. the root cause of the whole spy scandal.

If applicable, under the well-known SEC rules and regulations, both who leaked and received the info will be punished.

If only McLaren is punished, it signals that teams are free to leak info and the whole F1 will be in chaos.

Please feel free to comment. :rolleyes:

Ok to be honest i haven't read a lot about the spy scandal... from what i know Ftepney gave Mclaren the info(obviously for a fee) and thus Stepney and the mclaren dude should be penealised... But if mclaren did use that info(which i don''t see why they wouldn't (i would have)) i am not sure what punishment they should get.... If they DQ the WCC it will be unfair but i don't know any other dettering consequence....

Ok to be honest i haven't read a lot about the spy scandal... from what i know Ftepney gave Mclaren the info(obviously for a fee) and thus Stepney and the mclaren dude should be penealised... But if mclaren did use that info(which i don''t see why they wouldn't (i would have)) i am not sure what punishment they should get.... If they DQ the WCC it will be unfair but i don't know any other dettering consequence....

Yes I know its a very difficult situation because if you penalise Mclaren surely Ferrari need to be penalised for actually "giving" the information to Coulgan.

The big thing here is that Mclaren actually didnt "Steal" data. It was given to them. Either for a price or what ever so Ferrari haven't got much of a case. And they already settled that Mclaren didnt use the data so what can Ferrari complain about?

I think the case is now between Nigel and Mike. And Ferrari pressing charges on both of them hoping Mclaren will get deducted points for some reason. IMO Mclaren are in the clear.

Whatever happened to F1 being about racing! I'm bored of this mud slinging, let's just focus on the racing!

Whatever happened to F1 being about racing! I'm bored of this mud slinging, let's just focus on the racing!

I totally agree with you but off the race track, Ferrari keeps on distracting McLaren and hoping that would affect McLaren team spirit.

I totally agree with you but off the race track, Ferrari keeps on distracting McLaren and hoping that would affect McLaren team spirit.

Alonso allready doing it, ferrari is not needed....

Ferrari keeps distracting McLaren?

If McLaren's documents were in the wrong hands, you'd be singing a different tune you jaundice eyed douche.

Ferrari keeps distracting McLaren?

If McLaren's documents were in the wrong hands, you'd be singing a different tune you jaundice eyed douche.

That's the most inventive insult I've seen in years! Bravo! :clap3:

Back on topic, Mr. Frog wants the truth to appear. That's fine but I don't think it's going to show itself for a long time yet. Messrs. Stepney and Coughlan are where the truth lies, not at Woking.

So, presumably you think this is a bold and cunning plan schemed up by Ferrari, solely for the purpose of distracting and creating team dischord within McLaren?

Ok, let me see how this goes......

Ron Dennis: Ferrari are taking us to appeal ove allegedly stealing information, but it's not true.

1st McLaren Employee: I reckon it's all Lewis' fault, he has shifty eyes

2nd McLaren Employee: What do you mean it's all Lewis fault, if it's anyones fault it's that scruffy faced ape Alonso, he's been nothing but trouble since he got here

1st McLaren Employee: Don't you dare talk about Nando like that, he's added 6/10ths to this team and we have never even said thank you. And Lewis can't even drive without Alonso giving him his setup and showing him what buttons to press on the steering wheel thingy.

2nd McLaren Employee: 6/10ths??? 6/10ths??? Do you mean 3/5ths?

1st McLaren Employee: You pedantic little *?#! (removed in honour of SK) I'm gonna knock you right off this chuffin' planet.

2nd McLaren Employee: Yeah, bring it on #!*? (removed in honour of SK) for brains.

Or would it in fact create a seige mentality................. :eusa_think:

So, presumably you think this is a bold and cunning plan schemed up by Ferrari, solely for the purpose of distracting and creating team dischord within McLaren?

Ron Dennis: Ferrari are taking us to appeal ove allegedly stealing information, but it's not true.

2nd McLaren Employee: What do you mean it's all Lewis fault, if it's anyones fault it's that scruffy faced ape Alonso, he's been nothing but trouble since he got here

1st McLaren Employee: Don't you dare talk about Nando like that, he's added 6/10ths to this team and we have never even said thank you. And Lewis can't even drive without Alonso giving him his setup and showing him what buttons to press on the steering wheel thingy.

1st McLaren Employee: You pedantic little *?#! (removed in honour of SK) I'm gonna knock you right off this chuffin' planet.

2nd McLaren Employee: Yeah, bring it on #!*? (removed in honour of SK) for brains.

Sounds about plausible for me! (And oh so funny!) :clap3:

Back on topic, Mr. Frog wants the truth to appear. That's fine but I don't think it's going to show itself for a long time yet. Messrs. Stepney and Coughlan are where the truth lies, not at Woking.

Just wonder who is Mr. Frog that you are describing. :eusa_think:

...And further to some comments on here about the company being responsible/accountable for their employees - I think it's very plausible (though I don't think it will stick!) that Ferrari pay the price for their bad apple, just as McLaren might have to pay for their rotten egg.

As for Le Frog and Mr Dennis - a case of the irresistible force meets the immovable object methinks.

I can buy that. Anyway, Mr Frog is now in talks with Mr Toad about a new job so he'll be busy for a while.

Bloody hell, Steve's back. Hello mate. Fell off the bike yet?

Very nicely written Paul, Good job