Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chaide

What Do You Think Can Make F1 More Interesting

>

^ The car should be able to go to 235/240 mph, or if tis the special one, way over 250 mph.

Those streamliner were the fastest by top speed GP single seaters ever made.

That's videogames for ya, even thouggh they're supposed to be quicker than real life cars! BTW, if I kept the Streamline, I could've upgraded the transmission as most fast unlockables come with fully customisable transmission which would give it less chance of going over the red line & reaching 200+mph!

3.5litre v10's , slick tyres, flexi wings n more tracks.

Bring back a1 ring, n imola. Eliminate twisty circuits.

May be 6.0litre v12 is a good idea. hehe :clap3:

F1 will be more interesting if more gorgeous hot pit-babes come to the sport :naughty: that's the only viable solution!

Nice one...hehe

A few rounds from tamara, kylie n danny wouldn't do any harm i guess :clap3:

No Imola please. An ultra boring track. :blush:

Let Hermann Tilke not design a racetrack again. Not only do his designs leave no opportunities for overtaking, he goes ahead and modifies existing tracks rendering them impotent.

Am I the only one who feels that safety is given wayyyyy too much importance? Everyone in the sport knows that there is an element of risk and I don't want to see anyone get killed. But safety is inversely proportional to performance and the performance keeps dipping each year. F1 cars should be the fastest in the world. Instead they keep getting slower.

Imola

6l V10's will easily reel Aston Martin into F1! As for circuits, bring back Suzuka! Great challenging course whoch is more challenging than the newly surfaced Fuji Speedway which I've raced on it Gran Turismo 4! Surprised it got the scrap & get Mondello Park in there if it's possible :lol: !

Let Hermann Tilke not design a racetrack again. Not only do his designs leave no opportunities for overtaking, he goes ahead and modifies existing tracks rendering them impotent.

Am I the only one who feels that safety is given wayyyyy too much importance? Everyone in the sport knows that there is an element of risk and I don't want to see anyone get killed. But safety is inversely proportional to performance and the performance keeps dipping each year. F1 cars should be the fastest in the world. Instead they keep getting slower.

We had had this discussion a bit earlier on in this forum.... Even i feel the same about F1 now... everything is becoming tooo safe for my liking

Thus night races might spice up a few things...

[quote name='mikathegreat2' post='212819' date='Sep 2 2007, 02:49 PM']6l V10's will easily reel Aston Martin into F1! As for circuits, bring back Suzuka! Great challenging course whoch is more challenging than the newly surfaced Fuji Speedway which I've raced on it Gran Turismo 4! Surprised it got the scrap & get Mondello Park in there if it's possible :lol: ![/quote]

Yes bring back Suzuka. Terrific track ... 130R 320 Km/h+ 6G :clap3: , the only way to corner.

Here:

Giappone.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDYBeYCcUFE

... this circuit is one of the most challenging for the drivers who, along with the fans, like the circuit a lot. It also gives the engine engineers a mountain to climb as the ultra-fast 130R turn puts a huge load on the oil circulation. We have measured lateral acceleration of up to 6g there and have to make sure the oil supply is not interrupted under such loads.

I would say:

1) Manual gearboxes

2) Metal Disk Brakes

3) Remove electronics completely

This way drivers will have almost total control on their cars, more mistakes will be made, and the best driver will have more chances to win.

I would also like to see again

slick tyres.

3 or 3.5 lt engines.

free engine changing.

>

^ That's not only never gonna happen but it isn't realistic either.

Electronics, are in many cases impossible to police, and the big teams will have the advantage, as they'll run illegal-hidden "aids" as it was the case with TC from 1994 till 2001.

Furthermore electronics have been here since the 1980s as the pure mecanical cars died in the 1970s.

Ah. Very fast corner but for some reason, when I play F106, I fly thorugh that corner whereas on GT4, I have to brake or I'll crash but it depends on how I take the corner!

>

^ Well, you're not driving an F1 car in GT4 are you ?!

Not realy but there is a Polyphony Formula Gran Turismo thing in it identical to F1 cars which I can unlock by winning the Nurburgring Nordschleife 24hr enduro, or I could play F1 06 & experience it in a computer simulated Ferrari, or McLaren but best in a Renault, the regining champion car!

Here's my thoughts...

No tc

More mechanical grip/less aero

V8's

No two race engine rule

No pitstops

No quali fuel burn

Just a couple of night races

A decent governing body

More overtaking

No Ralf (a bit harsh i know)

The old Imola, Hockenheim

Let the team into parc ferme(?) area after the race to congratulate their driver(s) (it's a team-sport, c'mon)

Less restriction by teams on what drivers can do/say

Let the fans get closer to the drivers

Change ITV's theme song to 'the chain' by Fleetwood Mac.

Suzuka over Fuji, anyday.

BMW, Renault & Williams to become top teams along with Ferrari, Mclaren (i mean at the start of the season people can say 'it could be any of the top five teams to win this race')

26 cars to start every race

I know some will never happen, and couldn't happen, but if they did F1 would be amazing again.

That's all...

Here's my thoughts...

No tc

V8's

No two race engine rule

No pitstops

No quali fuel burn

A decent governing body

More overtaking

Let the team into parc ferme(?) area after the race to congratulate their driver(s) (it's a team-sport, c'mon)

BMW, Renault & Williams to become top teams along with Ferrari, Mclaren (i mean at the start of the season people can say 'it could be any of the top five teams to win this race')

I know some will never happen, and couldn't happen, but if they did F1 would be amazing again.

That's all...

No pitstops would IMO be a bit dull, like in 2005 when they basically stopped pitstops, it was not that much fun...

I would also like the Old Nurburgring..... And Obviously the Indian Gp in Bombay

Fair enough, I am willing to drop the pitstop part, and add the old ring (plenty of scope for filthy joke there).

The Indian GP is not too far away, should be good!

Here's my thoughts...

No tc

V8's

No two race engine rule

No pitstops

No quali fuel burn

A decent governing body

More overtaking

That's all...

Some of your toughts make no sense.

V8s, we're already using them, and it's an outdated/obsolete architecture.

Williams, they have no major manufacturer behind them so they won't win ever again (185 millions won't get any championship). They blew their

And why should cars be slowed down, this is F1 and cars should go faster every year.

:clap3::clap3::clap3: I agree with you 100% If it's safety they are worried about, then improve it. I may sound mean but F1 cars should be going faster every year and not slower.

Some of your toughts make no sense.

First of all, most of my thoughts make no sense, so ha!

V8s, we're already using them, and it's an outdated/obsolete architecture.

My error, I meant V10's, but this is a minor option anyway.

Williams, they have no major manufacturer behind them so they won't win ever again (185 millions won't get any championship). They blew their (last) chance with BMW, now let them suffer.

That's probably true, but if you'd considered my post properly, you'd realise I said 'I know some will never happen, and couldn't happen, but if they did F1 would be amazing again'. Does that sound familiar?

Less aero - really why are people so retarded not to understand that its not the downforce that's the problem but how its produced ?!

We have slower car and less overtaking BECAUSE we have LESS AERO DOWNFORCE today than in previous years, due to the modifications to the front wing and rear diffuser.

So this retarded thinking is what reduced overtaking in the first place, because aero downforce has been reduced.

If we continue like this we'll have even slower cars and even less overtaking. Champ Car has the right solution

and so does GP2 (witch is based on 2002 F1 cars somewhat), meaning they both have more/considerably more ground effects downforce of total downforce as opposed to F1 cars. And that's why they have overtaking.

Can I state for the record that I am not a retard, at least I don't think I am, and since I am capable of that much thought I have come to the conclusion that I am not.

I don't care whether it's the aero downforce itself, how it's produced, front wings, rear diffusers or Nick Fry's smile that makes a modern grand prix car incapable of following another, I just want more overtaking - and less of those stupid little winglet things - is that too much to ask?

I don't understand how you can say we have less overtaking because we have less aero downforce, we have more aero downforce these days and that is precisely why there is less overtaking. Remember years ago when we didn't have all those winglet's and there was overtaking?

Aero has increased, overtaking has decreased, I'll leave you to do the maths!

And why should cars be slowed down, this is F1 and cars should go faster every year.

I don't want to slow the cars down, I want there to be actual racing in every race throughout the field...

Perhaps you are more concerned with tech than entertainment, this is not my view...

Can I state for the record that I am not a retard, at least I don't think I am, and since I am capable of that much thought I have come to the conclusion that I am not.

Neverstated stated that for yourself, but there are such people.

] I don't care whether it's the aero downforce itself, how it's produced, front wings, rear diffusers or Nick Fry's smile that makes a modern grand prix car incapable of following another, I just want more overtaking - and less of those stupid little winglet things - is that too much to ask?

Those stupid winglets are there because of a lot of stupid mistakes, like reducing downforce.

I don't understand how you can say we have less overtaking because we have less aero downforce, we have more aero downforce these days and that is precisely why there is less overtaking. Remember years ago when we didn't have all those winglet's and there was overtaking?

Aero has increased, overtaking has decreased, I'll leave you to do the maths!

It's a popular misconception that that downforce has increased, but its wrong.

These are not the cars with most downforce.

Compared to 2004 downforce has decreased by 5 to 10 % due to modifications. Namely the front wing was lifted and rear diffuser modified. This reduced ground effects aerodynamics ration of the total downforce.

So more winglets instead of ground effects to compensate, as FIA wanted a 25% reduction, but teams thought differently.

So thus the front-rear wings became more important to generating downforce, witch meant should something happen to them, bad luck.

Also because the front wing was lifted it became fore sensitive to turbulence (cause by the new winglets of the car in front), and because of lower ground-effects the front wheels tend to lose ground contact (as both the new front wing and reduced ground effects fail to keep the front of the car/wheels on track).

I don't want to slow the cars down, I want there to be actual racing in every race throughout the field...

Perhaps you are more concerned with tech than entertainment, this is not my view...

I want more overtaking too, but regardless racing isn't dead. The techno race is also a race.

Neverstated stated that for yourself, but there are such people.

No worries, it just seemed that way!

It's a popular misconception that that downforce has increased, but its wrong.

These are not the cars with most downforce.

Compared to 2004 downforce has decreased by 5 to 10 % due to modifications. Namely the front wing was lifted and rear diffuser modified. This reduced ground effects aerodynamics ration of the total downforce.

So more winglets instead of ground effects to compensate, as FIA wanted a 25% reduction, but teams thought differently.

So thus the front-rear wings became more important to generating downforce, witch meant should something happen to them, bad luck.

Also because the front wing was lifted it became fore sensitive to turbulence (cause by the new winglets of the car in front), and because of lower ground-effects the front wheels tend to lose ground contact (as both the new front wing and reduced ground effects fail to keep the front of the car/wheels on track).

Well you sound like you know what your talking about so I won't argue too much given my inferior technical knowledge, but I will say that surely aero has increased compared with 10 or 20 years ago, if not 2004, isn't more mechanical grip the solution to the problem that cars can't follow others? Or is it better to change the way aero is produced? I don't mind either way, as long as it leads to better overtaking opportunities.

I want more overtaking too, but regardless racing isn't dead. The techno race is also a race.

Your right racing is certainly not dead, proved by some decent racing midfield today at Spa, I just wish the better/more aero efficient cars could have this too. I agree the techno race is also a race, and the engineers/mechanics/designers deserve a little more credit from the average fan.