Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Two Buyers Eye Struggling F1 Teams

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=223909

Two buyers eye struggling F1 teams

Two potential buyers for F1's financially-embattled teams have emerged. With small privateer outfits Spyker and Super Aguri both under strain and looking for investors, it appears that Vijay Mallya and Tony Teixeira are both separately in the market to join the grand prix circus. Mallya, a wealthy Indian businessman whose airline Kingfisher is already a sponsor of Toyota, is in talks with a team about a deal "which may be close to being sealed", the publication CNN-IBN said.

51-year-old Mallya is also likely to be a key backer of a future Indian grand prix, and he said of the team ownership speculation: "Everything is possible.

"To have a larger involvement in a formula one team would very possibly have a domino-effect with regards to the interest of the sport in our country," he told an interview with the Indian television station CNBC-TV18.

Also linked this week with an interest in F1 ownership is Tony Teixeira; a South African oil and diamond magnate who was instrumental in the establishment of the A1 Grand Prix series.

"I will not deny that I am interested in formula one, but I have not spoken with anybody at Spyker," he told the magazine Formule 1 Race Report, after he was linked with the Dutch team.

this news is also on F1-Live... I think Mallaya will end up buying it.... Probably spyker as SA is honda's B team while he is co sponsered in Toyota....

Vijay Mallya makes bid for Spyker F1 Team

London, Sept. 1 (PTI): Indian liquor baron Vijay Mallya has joined hands with Spyker director of Formula One, Michiel Mol, to make an 80 million euro bid for the struggling F1 team.

Mallya's Watson Limited and Strongwind, owned by the Mol family, made the joint bid for the Silverstone-based team.

"This offer has been accepted by the Board of Spyker Cars N.V. and exclusivity has been granted to the consortium Orange India Holdings Sarl to proceed with due diligence...to achieve completion within 30 days," they said in a joint statement.

Dutch manufacturer of hand-built vehicles, Spyker Cars NV, owns the Spyker Formula One team, which it inherited from Midland for USD 106.6 million last year only to plunge in financial crisis.

Mallya, a Member of the Parliament, is also the chairman of both the Federation of Motorsports Clubs in India (FMSCI) and Motorsport Association of India (MAI).

Mallya's Kingfisher brand adorns Toyota cars and the flamboyant industrialist, also called the 'King of good times', recently said in an interview that part of bringing F1 to India would be to have an Indian company involved in Formula One.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200709011860.htm

------------------------------------------

So they bought it for 78 mil euroes and starting bid is approx 80 mill euroes... so still a profit for the dutch team...

EDIT:- NK is back......... with Karun....

So that's Sutil absolutely moing teams now! Toyota or Torro Rosso, difficult choice! BTW I think Narain is too overated! He has done his season way back in 2005 with Jordan but since then nothing & Spyker won't help his F1 career either but is that a definite or is the newspaper or whoever posted that article talking BS?

So that's Sutil absolutely moing teams now! Toyota or Torro Rosso, difficult choice! BTW I think Narain is too overated! He has done his season way back in 2005 with Jordan but since then nothing & Spyker won't help his F1 career either but is that a definite or is the newspaper or whoever posted that article talking BS?

Offical announcement is still to be made(probably at Monza) The link above is from an indian respectable newpaper but here is the link from F1 Live:-

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/new...901145817.shtml

Which also says the deal has been approved by the board....

A: Toyota is the obvious choice, they can actually score points and though, like STR, run by clowns, they aren't run by violent clowns, unlike STR.

B: Monteiro was better than Narain, IMO, and Monteiro wasn't very good.

And a totally random C: Roger Penske, Michael Andretti, Kim Green, P-Diddy, Dan Gurney, Phil Hill, Jeff Gordon, and Bill Gates should all team up and buy it and form an American Superteam, with Super American Drivers Scott Speed and Eric Lewis. Sponsorship from some fried chicken joint and deer p**s, err, American beer, so we can fit the image that F1 has of us.

Karthikeyan happy with Indian takeover

With the news that Indian business tycoon, Vijay Mallya has put in a joint bid with Dutchman Michel Mol in order to secure the Spyker Formula One team, current Williams test driver, Indian racer Narain Karthikeyan is hoping he could land a seat in their new venture.

Narain is not the only open wheel racer in India, however he is the only national driver with Formula One experience after racing for Jordan in 2005, the same team that eventually became Spyker this year and now looks to become the first Indian team on the grid.

Well good luck Narain! If the Indian takeover happens, it'll be an outrage if Narain doesn't get the drive.

Spyker signed Sutil for next year awhile back. What happens when a team sells up, do who they sell to have to honour the contract?

NK + Karun hmmm.....i m not too sure about this...

i m not following GP2 so not aware about his progress or his style of driving

may be someone can shed a light on him :)

NK + Karun hmmm.....i m not too sure about this...

i m not following GP2 so not aware about his progress or his style of driving

may be someone can shed a light on him :)

Karun is simply not quick enough. Thats it! Arman could be a better option, but he too needs some taming before stepping into f1. I say, put Narain and Wurz in the cars.

Well good luck Narain! If the Indian takeover happens, it'll be an outrage if Narain doesn't get the drive.

The takeover has happened, only announcement is left....(Board approval is done)

Spyker signed Sutil for next year awhile back. What happens when a team sells up, do who they sell to have to honour the contract?

Is Sutil a dutch driver by any chance? Then i think 1 possibility could see NK and Sutil team up As Mallaya is only a 50% patner....

A: Toyota is the obvious choice, they can actually score points and though, like STR, run by clowns, they aren't run by violent clowns, unlike STR.

B: Monteiro was better than Narain, IMO, and Monteiro wasn't very good.

Monteiro finished all but 1 race & scored a proper point at the Belgian GP in 2005! Narain was'nt that good but if it was'nt for him, no abbas_gear or goferrarigo!

The takeover has happened, only announcement is left....(Board approval is done)

Is Sutil a dutch driver by any chance? Then i think 1 possibility could see NK and Sutil team up As Mallaya is only a 50% patner....

He is German.

I guess they could sell him back to another team for a price?

Monteiro finished all but 1 race & scored a proper point at the Belgian GP in 2005! Narain was'nt that good but if it was'nt for him, no abbas_gear or goferrarigo!

Reliability 95% car, 5% driver.

Narain showed great improvement, but still wasn't that good when he did improve. He's better than Albers and Yamamoto, I'd guess.

Reliability 95% car, 5% driver.

Narain showed great improvement, but still wasn't that good when he did improve. He's better than Albers and Yamamoto, I'd guess.

Albers, would'nt say so, Yamamoto definately & they were with each other 2 years back!

Nah i liked F1 before NK....(btw, call me AJ or Ankit) and we even had Cav, who used to defend him very welll

We have had this discussion tons of times (we have taken this still around 20 pages in 2-3 threads) so, if you really want to discuss it, i don't mind as the forum seems awfully quiet

He is German.

I guess they could sell him back to another team for a price?

Yeah... maybe Williams as NK was kinda suggesting...

Nah i liked F1 before NK....(btw, call me AJ or Ankit) and we even had Cav, who used to defend him very welll

We have had this discussion tons of times (we have taken this still around 20 pages in 2-3 threads) so, if you really want to discuss it, i don't mind as the forum seems awfully quiet

Tell me about it! These forums were'nt this quiet even with the 3 week holiday break between the Hungarian & Turkish GP's!

Please take the reliabilty into account. And please do keep in mind he was driving a Sh#tty piece of car at a solid pace. With a Sh#tty car, he did over take superior cars and world famous drivers like JV through grass, Nk was pushing all the time, but the car did not hold. Nk drove the way racers were supposed to do, and not driving to the finish. Give me an F1 car, I will drive slowly for a full race distance without a scratch. That is enough for me to get the ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD! Nk wasn't consistent due to tyre wear and mechanical problems. Ask me why TM didnt face this kind of issue, I tell you that he never pushed his car. Now ask me why NK pushed his car without worring about the reliability issue, I tell you that any grandma could drive a race distance with a daewoo!

"I am in talks with the Williams to find out the nature of my job for the next season. The chances are bright at the team since one of the drivers is struggling to rope in necessary sponsors. But, I have kept my options open and am looking for a better choice."

:rock:

He he he now how come there wasn't a major controversy on that one ?????

I wouldn't cry for a FIArrari fan not having entered this forum

Kolles seems to think Sutil's future is secure despite the buyout. Interesting.

Of course it is. They must be thanking their stars they have him under contract. They'd be crazy to let him go (for less than 50 million or something).

He he he now how come there wasn't a major controversy on that one ?????

Apparently Wurz needs sponsors, which he can't get because he is crap. So they will probably use Nakajima, who's a bit worse, but Japanese. Williams have put all their eggs in the Rosberg basket - probably the best thing to do actually.

NK hasn't a hope in hell of ever driving a single race for Williams. He needs management, all he seems to have right now is soothsayers.

Of course it is. They must be thanking their stars they have him under contract. They'd be crazy to let him go (for less than 50 million or something).

Apparently Wurz needs sponsors, which he can't get because he is crap. So they will probably use Nakajima, who's a bit worse, but Japanese. Williams have put all their eggs in the Rosberg basket - probably the best thing to do actually.

NK hasn't a hope in hell of ever driving a single race for Williams. He needs management, all he seems to have right now is soothsayers.

After seeing you pop in and out of threads keeping silent....the subject of Wurz made you verbal??