Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperKimi

Behaviour Here

Agreed, same here Monza.

And complaining about the terribly naughty 3 letter word for (dare I say it?) 'bottom' is pathetic. I'd say this is a severe case of prudity, except there's no such word and, gosh, odds bodkins, darn it, it rhymes with 'nudity'.

There are posts that are maybe not very nice, there are posts that are extremely insulting without a single swearword or inuendo in them. Ignore them, put them on your ignore list or leave the forum - our choices are free.

And anyway, 'Bollocks' is such a top word. Very much like 'Knob' :bag:

Ahhh, Med, me old c#cker ( Can I say that??..........No, c-o-c-k-e-r..........The director says that's ok) Your are very much like a knob and bollocks, too. No, I don't mean that way, I mean you're a top bloke! :lol:

You're right, SuperKimi. There has always been a fairly relaxed approach to moderating on this forum, and that's precisely why many of us post here. We want to talk about F1, but also joke around and banter a bit along the way. If that's really not what you're looking for, then I'm sorry but you should look somewhere else.

Bollocks. I'm not changing the way I post for anyone.

:lol: Me neither.

SuperKimi, we're all living in the same hard-reality life. There are some thing we agree with and other's not. You're not going to be protected everywhere. You have to consider what you will "digest" and what you'll ignore. I think the moderator's are doing a great job here, I think it's hard to be in their shoes.

Indeed.

By the same token, if you think I should go to a sex forum because I might use innuendo, then I think you should go to a CBeebies forum. It's time you realised that it's not just about the words that you use, but the intention behind the words.

Yes. In fact instead of berating posters like Eric and Andres, he should try to learn from them. All the main posters here are excellent role models imho and don't need to change a thing.

Pity the same can't be said for SuperKimi himself, when he gives Eric replies like this:

That's the sort or trivial crap (s*** as kimi says in the article in autosport) people have mistaken him [Kimi] for.

and this:

You are really starting to p*** me off quite a bit now.

Ahhh, Med, me old c#cker ( Can I say that??..........No, c-o-c-k-e-r..........The director says that's ok) Your are very much like a knob and bollocks, too. No, I don't mean that way, I mean you're a top bloke! :lol:

That is just so FRUSTRATING. In a topic where we are talking about politness and then you post that.

What is wrong with adults here??

So far i've only come across 3 civilised adults of the whole boards.

EDIT- Seeing as some of you can't be bothered to read my blog post, here is my argument in full:

Talking to Eric last night over MSN, we had a little discussion that i thought i would share my views on.

Politeness. To be honest with you, i think it's absolutly disgusting here. I'm not going to lie to you.

I'm talking about members constently cursing and using sex refrences in nearly every post. I think these people know who they are, and if they don't, they need to have a good look at themselves.

I personally find it disgusting to find such talk on a PUBLIC forum, where a range on different aged people either read the forums as a guest or as a member. It's just disrespectful. People seem to have no idea that there doing it with it shocking. I don't want to get personal here, but how did you're parents bring you up, did they say "Oh it's okay to swear infront of us and to random people you have never met before"?

It just worries me.

Please, just quit on a forum. It's no place for that. I thought grown ups would understand that more, but i've found more adults doing it here, but what is more shocking, is that they are doing it infront of junior members. People probably think, "oh they've heard it before, so it doesn't matter" well sorry, but IT DOES matter. People like myself don't want to be reading appaling posts like that

I've been brought up to not do that in public places, or even at home. It's just wrong. I know some people might have problems with there life like parents split up or whatever, but it's still not okay to do that.

What has happened to general forum rules? Where is the politeness? From what i can see, it's never been here, which is bad because:

A- It's quite a big forum and should have some general rules like that

B- You're setting a bad example to the next generation of people who might find it okay to swear/talk sex at an early age. Is that an image a leading F1 forum wants to be putting across?

I don't care if that's what you do at home, if that's okay by you're family's standart, don't let me stop you doing that infront of you're family/freinds if that is deemed acceptable where you are from, but please, not on a public forum!!

Get a grip. It's the same with the problems of the world, people don't care about it, or if they do, they think it is okay to do it. Well i am ruling down right here, right now, that it is not okay.

No matter how many "*"'s you use, you can still make out the world which is equally as bad and cringe worthy.

The reason i joined here was to talk to civilised people about F1. Now i'm not so sure i want to be part of this so called "community"

If this isn't adressed correctly, and in a satifising matter (basic forum rules on this) i'll have no other reason and to leave TF1 all together. Which i really don't want to do, i have met some great people here, but it's the odd ocasion that has made me angry.

Please, i'm asking you now, if you do this on this forum, please stop. I don't deem it acceptable. It's pathetic, disgusting and worrying.

I don't know, people may think i'm moaning here, but i'm not. I'm just putting my views across on my blog

I've been to many other forums and this has never been a problem and has be against the rules. I appriciate that the is an older range of people here, so no rules have been in place because it's just commen sense not to do it, but it's seems that people are taking liberties on this.

I think there should be a serious crack down on behaviour here, clearly stating what is acceptable and what is not, and if people don't abide by this, they should be punished.

Maybe we could keep this behaviour into 'the cafe' and avoid it on the f1 part of the forum ;)

Y'know, SuperKimi, I don't usually pay much attention to the infantile gibbering that emanates from your keyboard. Empty vessels and all that. At least you're making an impression now. Not a very good one, though. I must agree with Medilloni, you're suffering from a bad case of prudity. Or is that prudery?

Anyway, the thought of upsetting little kiddies with my lewd, profane and licentious language kind of appeals.

And think on this. Who decides what is a swear word? It's just words. And it's not my problem if you can't deal with them.

I think SK has a fair point.

That's all.

True.

Though we could also agree on everything that everyone would like to see on this forum - it's not going to happen. A little maturity in turning the other cheek might go down well here.

Anyway, what's more insulting, asking SK to pick up the spollin a leetle bat, or use a common slang expression for 'nice a##!' Wonder if that'll get picked up by the speach police :P

Gosh, this thread looks like a good 'un........

You're right, SuperKimi. There has always been a fairly relaxed approach to moderating on this forum, and that's precisely why many of us post here. We want to talk about F1, but also joke around and banter a bit along the way. If that's really not what you're looking for, then I'm sorry but you should look somewhere else.

:lol: Me neither.

Indeed.

Yes. In fact instead of berating posters like Eric and Andres, he should try to learn from them. All the main posters here are excellent role models imho and don't need to change a thing.

Pity the same can't be said for SuperKimi himself, when he gives Eric replies like this:

and this:

Hey, i didn't say that, that was what Kimi said.

ROLE MODELS? Oh yeah of course(!) Teaching kids how to swear, think dirty thought and basically act like idiots.

I defiently want one of those role models(!)

I don't mind a luagh and a joke, but when it turns into posts i posted in the first post, i don't like it. I personally don't find it big or clever to swear on a public forum

That is just so FRUSTRATING. In a topic where we are talking about politness and then you post that.

What is wrong with adults here??

So far i've only come across 3 civilised adults of the whole boards.

So presumably, as Muzza, has stated, you find crap and p!ss acceptable then? Does that not reek of double standards? I don't seem them as being any different to other swear words used and certainly a lot more offensive than 'the-3-lettered-slang-word-for-derriere'. As I said before, it's not just the words you use, it is the intention behind your words. You complain about the speck in my eye when there is a log in your own.

I gave you an inch, you took a mile. Nothing more needs to be said, really.

Yes, but there is an ammount to how much you can take. Ever since i came here there has been 2 or more of this dreadful posts in at least 1 topic which is so anoying. Why can't i just have a civilised and disciplined talk about something we all like- F1??

Compremize, stop with the disgusting talk and it will be better for everyone, i wouldn't be suprised to see a lot more junior members joining here if it stops

I only say that because everyone i so 1 minded. The won't take into concideration that posts could be hurtful to other people. I'm sick and tired of hearing swear words, i've had enough of it at school. It's just like smoking. Bad for everyone.

No, i'm trying to put my points across in an good post, but saying "I'm not doing that for anyone" it's just very selfish, like a kid who won't go to bed at night and they are only doing it to cause a headache for there parents.

I think you need to read what I had quoted and my post again. I'm not talking about swearing at all. I was replying to you notion of 'sex talk' to someone who sometimes makes posts which contain innuendos.

Nothing I post is 'disgusting' as I know where the line is. What exactly have I posted that makes me an uncivilised adults? So basically, it is not ok to post something with a hidden meaning but it's ok to be insulting?

The won't take into concideration that posts could be hurtful to other people

Of course not, but it's ok to call someone selfish and one minded just because they disagree with you. You won't compromise, neither will some people here.

Compremize, stop with the disgusting talk and it will be better for everyone, i wouldn't be suprised to see a lot more junior members joining here if it stops

That's not a compromise. You want this forum to suit you by stopping others from doing what suits them. There is no middle ground in that.

Maybe we could keep this behaviour into 'the cafe' and avoid it on the f1 part of the forum ;)

That's a good idea. Or have a adult part of the forum, locked of to people my age so we don't have to suffer horrible posts.

Ok, ok. I said you had a fair point. Don't overdo it ;)

I'm not, i'm just getting int the sing of things

Y'know, SuperKimi, I don't usually pay much attention to the infantile gibbering that emanates from your keyboard. Empty vessels and all that. At least you're making an impression now. Not a very good one, though. I must agree with Medilloni, you're suffering from a bad case of prudity. Or is that prudery?

Anyway, the thought of upsetting little kiddies with my lewd, profane and licentious language kind of appeals.

And think on this. Who decides what is a swear word? It's just words. And it's not my problem if you can't deal with them.

The person who invented the english language? People who write dictionaries? I don't care, but i do know what a swear word is when i see one okay. I've seen and heard enough from here, from public places and from school.

SuperKimi, we're all living in the same hard-reality life. There are some thing we agree with and other's not. You're not going to be protected everywhere. You have to consider what you will "digest" and what you'll ignore. I think the moderator's are doing a great job here, I think it's hard to be in their shoes.

Agree. Just because you read something, it doesn't mean you'll add it to ur personality.

Also agree. We can't take everything seriously and keep on f1 all the time.

ROLE MODELS? Oh yeah of course(!) Teaching kids how to swear, think dirty thought and basically act like idiots.

that's just YOU going too far as well...

**** me this thread is long.

Ps. I'm not changing a damn thing about the way I post.

So presumably, as Muzza, has stated, you find crap and p!ss acceptable then? Does that not reek of double standards? I don't seem them as being any different to other swear words used and certainly a lot more offensive than 'the-3-lettered-slang-word-for-derriere'. As I said before, it's not just the words you use, it is the intention behind your words. You complain about the speck in my eye when there is a log in your own.

I gave you an inch, you took a mile. Nothing more needs to be said, really.

There does when ther is still vile posts being turned out costantly, day and night.

I think you need to read what I had quoted and my post again. I'm not talking about swearing at all. I was replying to you notion of 'sex talk' to someone who sometimes makes posts which contain innuendos.

Nothing I post is 'disgusting' as I know where the line is. What exactly have I posted that makes me an uncivilised adults? So basically, it is not ok to post something with a hidden meaning but it's ok to be insulting?

Of course not, but it's ok to call someone selfish and one minded just because they disagree with you. You won't compromise, neither will some people here.

That's not a compromise. You want this forum to suit you by stopping others from doing what suits them. There is no middle ground in that.

Note that i said SOME members not ALL.

Not at all. It's not okay to be hurtful, and neither is the hidden meanings things, if they contain disgusting laungauge within them

Well what do you want me to say then? You give me an example and i'll see.

That's a good idea. Or have a adult part of the forum, locked of to people my age so we don't have to suffer horrible posts.

we don't need an adult part. we're not showing off anything +18... And plus, you're not suffering either. sorry to say we can't change the world because you don't wanna live in it.

Agree. Just because you read something, it doesn't mean you'll add it to ur personality.

Also agree. We can't take everything seriously and keep on f1 all the time.

that's just YOU going too far as well...

I don't really think you grasp what i am trying to say. I am fed-up of hering rubbish posts, poorly put together, with bad language in it. I'm 14, i hever like 50 swear words a day at schol just from going to lessons and at break and lunch, so when i come here to relax and there is more of the same, it frustrates me amensly.

**** me this thread is long.

Ps. I'm not changing a damn thing about the way I post.

Oh, well done sato, very well done(!) That's you in my good books(!)

Note that this is a topic about behaviour and not swearing, so what do people do?! COME HERE AND POST AND SWEAR!!!!

It is just a joke.

Sorry SK but you made your point , now get over it.

we don't need an adult part. we're not showing off anything +18... And plus, you're not suffering either. sorry to say we can't change the world because you don't wanna live in it.

Yes i am. I'm having to put up with rubbish posts with rubbish language constantly.

I think there should be for you to talk sex and swear, then everybody is happy. Problem solved.

Sorry SK but you made your point , now get over it.

Sorry, but i'm not going to get over it until this problem is solved.

I don't really think you grasp what i am trying to say. I am fed-up of hering rubbish posts, poorly put together, with bad language in it. I'm 14, i hever like 50 swear words a day at schol just from going to lessons and at break and lunch, so when i come here to relax and there is more of the same, it frustrates me amensly.

Oh, well done sato, very well done(!) That's you in my good books(!)

Note that this is a topic about behaviour and not swearing, so what do people do?! COME HERE AND POST AND SWEAR!!!!

It is just a joke.

How do you know I swore, its just 4 *'s.... Maybe the swearing is in the eye of the reader?

that's life. sometimes u have to learn to deal w people that don't share yr thoughts, and respect fact u can't change or kill them. *lol*

I'm sorry, SK, but I really do have to point out the irony in that statement.

If you are so against bad language, then why have you used it in a public forum?

Yes i am. I'm having to put up with rubbish posts with rubbish language constantly.

I think there should be for you to talk sex and swear, then everybody is happy. Problem solved.

Grow up..................oh that's right you havn't yet.

Things that you'll never see get axed all of the time.

Grow up..................oh that's right you havn't yet.

Things that you'll never see get axed all of the time.

Oh that's good- an admin insulting members.

Why won't you just sort the problem with some basic forum rules, and then i will drop it.

I'm sorry, SK, but I really do have to point out the irony in that statement.

If you are so against bad language, then why have you used it in a public forum?

That was before and i have realised that it's wrong to do on a public forum so i have stopped. Others should follow.

And besides, i never swore as much as some people do here.