Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hollywood2003

Launch Control

Did its banning make much of a difference to the start today??

I didnt see any great wheel spin or any great spectacle from its banning...

The traction control that is still present seemed to take over instead.

I think Renault forgot to take their launch control off Alonso’s car, it was really quick off the line!

yes he was like "greased lightning" off the line, webbo was a little slow and lost some postions, montoya had a shocker, but I think they were on the dirty side of the track which may have some bearing on it.

Plus you have to comment on the renaults traction control. even with two wheels on the grass, they still managed to overtake Montoya. now that is what I thought was the move of the day.

Fisichella on Heidfeld was the pass of the day for 2 reasons.

1) outside of turn 3...not easy to pass..even a jordan.

2) they switched drives so fisichella made the best move.

Yeah that was a great move. Montoya's move on Button was pretty good too and Klein was passing a few cars too, which was good for a rookie. Pity he had to start 19th though, would have been interesting to see how he would have went had he set a time in 2nd quali and not had that mechanical problem.

shaun

Yeah that was a great move. Montoya's move on Button was pretty good

shaun

yea that was great. that waas the second move JPM made. thay were very simlear but at different tunrs. the FW26 must get a lot a lot of air under the floor becuse that car is so fast coming out of a slip streem

Fisichella on Heidfeld was the  pass of the day for 2 reasons.

1) outside of turn 3...not easy to pass..even a jordan.

2) they switched drives so fisichella made the best move.

i was standing right at that chicane and saw it all. it was heidfeld was it? i thought it must have been pantano. gotta love fisi!

as for the rule change, what's the difference? they just have to engage a clutch now? so they press a button for the clutch and flick a gear and tc takes over instead of just pushing one button. woh, don't get too radical max :roll::D

as for the rule change, what's the difference?  they just have to engage a clutch now?  so they press a button for the clutch and flick a gear and tc takes over instead of just pushing one button.  woh, don't get too radical max   :roll:   :D

:lol: lol yea we went all out thinking of that new rule. but i must say there ware some good moves (a lot more than in a normail race last year). is this because now the driver has to change the gears or what.

i think automatic gear changing really was rock-bottom. i mean who out there who is genuinely into motor cars (let alone motor racing) enjoys and prefers to drive an auto?? :roll:

after that it would have been cruise control so the drivers can maintain a constant speed around corners, and then on-board satelitte navigation to tell the drivers the exact turn-in-points, and then reclining seats with built-in seat warmers and cup-holders...

when it comes to the driver = Keep It Simple Stupid!

I know that this is supposed to be the pinnacle of motor sport and technology (apart from space travel, which I must add that McLaren have helped out with that as well. Thats another story) But I think there needs to be more emphasis on the driver. Thank god they got rid of Launch control (a technology that will never dribble down to road cars anyway, I don't think) Next in line traction control. Who knows, in a few years maybe the drivers will even have to jump out of the cars ans change the tyres themselves. :wink:

Now that is sounding like something worth watching. Anything to give the drivers more control.

I say get rid of TC and being back fully auto gear changing i.e, get rid of the paddles and bring back the old style gear changers, now that would seperate the men from the boys!!. :lol:

shaun

I say get rid of TC

shaun

yea if thay wont good starts then now (after thay got ride of the LC) thay need to get ride of the TC. the fun part is the well spin and the good drivers can controll it

it still beats me why the authorities ( read the d#ckheads that make all these stupid rules ) allow or have allowed, "Traction Control", Automatic Gear boxes", etc etc etc but will NOT ALLOW ABS braking ?

Like what can be fiddled with an ABS braking system ???

Maybe they should do like all modern aircraft do and have onboard navigation systems, that way the driver can sit in the pits and watch his car race around. hey come to think of it that would be a HUGE cost saving !! for Ferrari would save em some $25 mill or so for M.S. !!!!

hey come to think of it that would be a HUGE cost saving !!  for Ferrari would save em some $25 mill or so for M.S. !!!!

try like $50 MIllion

I say get rid of TC and being back fully auto gear changing i.e, get rid of the paddles and bring back the old style gear changers, now that would seperate the men from the boys!!.   :lol:  

shaun

One hand on the wheel with the speeds they are doing these days, great. In a gate too not this sequential shift business.

hi Nichos, like YOU mean to go back to CART style of racing ? WOW I can see the primadonnas of F1 doing that !!! and pink elephants fly also :D

Yes I know, but imagine it.  Would guarentee missed gear changes. Excellent.
:lol: that would be one way to cut

costs-miss a gear at 19,000 and you might as well park it :wink:

Put the whole bloody lot on spec. slicks-no need to test like out of

control rabbits, cut 2 cylds. off big money there and get rid of all or most

of the chicanes and give them a chance to overtake, there was such

a over reaction to Sennas death when it wasn't the track's, it was

the go-kart style that the cars had become, those c##Kpits were just

waiting for a car or wheel to make themselves at home,Brazil '94

Jos was lucky that he wasn't killed when he got caught up in a 4 car

tangle and one of them came thru the air sideways into his c##Kpit,

his head and upper chest got all twisted. :shock: