Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Honda's Amazing Improvements

Seems like they finally found a way to improve their cars enough to compete with the top teams.

Some pics of their current developements HERE

HUH.....Andres???

Thats some chinese website from 2004 and has pictures of an Acura on them

But it does look interesting...

EDIT: ahhh you need the last few pictures to understand....

:lol:

Seems like they finally found a way to improve their cars enough to compete with the top teams.

Some pics of their current developements HERE

bloody hell Andres! :lol:

I knew it even before clicking the link that you are at it! :clap3:

004b.jpg

A couple of now, Honda F1 employees.

Just a quick tech tip for the Honda boys, if you paint a car that looks like Sh#t, it'll more than likely turn out Sh#t!

So Honda's new F1 plans are gonna be based on an NSX, an Acura 1! Can't get cheaper than that or Nick Fry spent it all on drugs & all he had was an NSX with a spoiler & not 1 bit of half a ton worth of carbon fibre, but nearly 2 tonnes worth of rusty metal!

That's both pretty cool and pretty sad at the same time :lol:

True

And the sad part of it is, what can only be described as a "thing" would create more downforce and less drag than the RA107 :lol:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62046

Button predicts stronger weekend at Monza

By Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, September 4th 2007, 11:25 GMT

Jenson Button is expecting his Honda Racing team to be more competitive than in previous races at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.

The Japanese squad, who have scored just one point in a dismal season so far, enjoyed a productive test at Monza last week, leaving Button encouraged about his prospects for the weekend.

"We tested here last week for four days which went well despite the unusually poor weather. We ran the car in the unique set-up required for Monza with a lower downforce setting than usual and it performed well," the British driver said in a team preview.

"The race will be tough however I expect our performance to be more competitive than some of the recent races which gives cause for optimism."

The team's senior technical director Shuhei Nakamoto echoed Button's comments, saying he expects the team to have a stronger race pace.

"Testing at Monza last week in preparation for the Italian Grand Prix has enabled us to find a good balance for the car around this high-speed circuit after running through different wing, tyre and chassis set-up options," said Nakamoto.

"Monza's many straights will be a challenge for us, however as in Turkey, we expect to be stronger in the race than in qualifying, enabling us to battle strongly with our mid-grid rivals."

I like Button and the Honda brand but this is just getting old.

I hope they can have a good Monza weekend. A top 10 finish would be fantastic, whether they will or not is another thing. It seems odd how they were fairly competative in France and have gone backwards again since then. Strange. I really hope for both their's and Button's sake 2008 will bring more glory as TBH they arn't a bad team, fairly likeable with a good technical team, just they lack in direction which is down to the Honda management. Bring in Ross Brawn and a few more technical staff with a background in winning (i.e Ferrari, Mclaren, Renault) and I think they could do very well indeed. Button is certainly a great driver given the correct machinery.

They could improve their team a 1000 times by firing the Overrated English One, and bringing in someone who could win more than once. ;)

Part way through the season?

Reminds me of something... hmmm the team was Mclaren.

The driver? :eusa_think::eusa_think:

Oh wait, it was Montoya. ;)

Montoya won a few races though. I was thinking of posting in the historical section asking for the rare footage of Button winning his 2nd race...

Oh wait... ;)

Still wasn't enough to stay in F1, whereas Honda want to keep their driver. ;)