Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Fisi: Renault Need To Decide - Soon

Giancarlo Fisichella has once again expressed his desire to stay with Renault but says the team needs to decide "very soon."

Although Renault have won two Drivers' and two Constructors' Championships since he joined at the start of 2005 season, the Roman's time at the team has not actually been all that successful.

While his former team-mate Fernando Alonso claimed the headlines and Drivers' title in 2005 and 2006, Fisichella spent much of the time filling a supporting role.

And although he did help Renault win the Constructors' titles those same two seasons, there wasn't much personal joy or success for him.

But his latest season, 2007, has been the worst for the Roman since his return to Renault. He has yet to even finish on the podium, never mind claim a race win.

Fisi, though, is still hoping Renault re-sign him for next year's Championship, although says the team needs to let him "very soon" otherwise he may start looking at other options.

"My contract is with Renault but the team has to choose very soon if I will be re-confirmed or not," he told the official F1 website.

"Personally, I would like to stay because I have worked very hard and made very few mistakes."

The Roman, though, has no idea as to when Renault will decide about their 2008 line-up. "That is a question for Renault to answer!"

Source:PlanetF1.com

What would be in your opinion, Renault best driver line-up for next season?

Fisi in my eyes is cooked. When the bubble bursts on a drivers confidence, its hard to salvage and return to what he once was and if I'm Renault that doesn't fit in my direction. Alonso and his success was a mental beating, I don't care what anyone says. The time unfortunately as he's a driver who I enjoyed watching has come to an end.

Kova and Piquet Jnr. next year at Renault.

Heikki and Piquet Jnr......... enough said!

Inexperienced, so not an ideal pairing IMHO. Webber would have been ideal (has he resigned for redbull yet?) If they can get Nando, Ralf would do a job for the team and has a wealth of experience.

Fisi in my eyes is cooked. When the bubble bursts on a drivers confidence, its hard to salvage and return to what he once was and if I'm Renault that doesn't fit in my direction. Alonso and his success was a mental beating, I don't care what anyone says. The time unfortunately as he's a driver who I enjoyed watching has come to an end.

So much promise showed early in his career, and this mental beating you're talking about, I don't think he'll ever recover. So talented but frail...

Inexperienced, so not an ideal pairing IMHO. Webber would have been ideal (has he resigned for redbull yet?) If they can get Nando, Ralf would do a job for the team and has a wealth of experience.

Get an experienced text driver...

no one in their right mind will recruit ralphie

Ralf can still do a good Job given the right circumstances. He is a proven F1 winner and will do a much better job than Fisi

...Nando, Ralf would do a job for the team and has a wealth of experience.

Nando I agree, Ralfie? :lol:

Q: How do you make Ralfie go faster?

A: Get his race engineer to whisper into his radio 'Your Fired!' -_-

Getting harder for Alonso to leave as I doubt he'll wanna move to Toyota! I read this as soon as I update the voting options on the "Where will Alonso move to?" thread but with Kovy outpacing Fisi, the McLaren seat is wide open & him & Hamilton will reunite but for the 1st time as team mates!

"Personally, I would like to stay because I have worked very hard and made very few mistakes."

Funny how Fisi neglects to say that he was/wasn't quick :eusa_think:

FA + Kova will be a repeat of McLaren Saga this season :D

Maybe....

Yes I'm pretty sure Webber is tied in with Red Bull for 2008 but in saying that Flavio could pull some strings if he really wanted to. But I think Flavio likes NP Jnr a little more than Webber at the moment anyway, NP Jnr is his new charger.

Yes I agree with you Renault would be left really short in the experience stakes with a HK - NP Jnr combination.

If I was Fisi I would be looking for a 08 drive right now. Flavio will be doing his very best to lure Fernando back to Renault and that may take a while, so Fisi could be left out of a chance to secure a drive elsewhere if he chooses to wait and see. If Flavio can't lure Fernando back to Renault and Fisi has left, Flavio has a ready made replacement in NP Jnr. So all the advantages are to Flavio in this game of will Fernando leave McLaren or not.

If Ralf Schumacher returns anywhere I will be amazed.

Same here

Ralf can still do a good Job given the right circumstances. He is a proven F1 winner and will do a much better job than Fisi

Ralf vs. Fisi now that is a tough call.

I agree. Maybe better driver coaching could have helped him with his confidence and focus during the Alonso years. It's too late for him now though I'd say. Fisi's situation ain't much better than Ralf's at the moment.

Don't you mean Grumpy vs 'appy?

I agree. Maybe better driver coaching could have helped him with his confidence and focus during the Alonso years. It's too late for him now though I'd say. Fisi's situation ain't much better than Ralf's at the moment.

Fifi is just good driving a bad car, and does not moan much. Ralf is good only when his car is the best and I think any f1 driver can shine well occassionally with a good car. Look at the top six drivers this season, they are the ones who are really consistent.

For me, Ralf's performances in an F1 car are no worse than the likes of DC. He has talent, that's for sure, but his commitment may be questionable. Given a good car I dont see any current F1 driver, outside the top 5 or so, that would outshine Ralf. This is a guy that kept JPM honest when driving a Williams.

The problem Ralf will always have is the comparison with MS. Most also transfer their hatred for Michael onto him and therefore find it difficult to judge him objectively.

Get an experienced text driver...

they do don't they with Ricardo Zonta? I'm convinced his a Renault Test Driver

[quote name='aussief1' date='Sep 4 2007, 08:26 AM' post='

it is when they were Team mates back at Jordan they were insepperable but Fisi was the one who just came out on top

they do don't they with Ricardo Zonta? I'm convinced his a Renault Test Driver

well, there you go...

I did'nt know who was test driver, but that solves the problem. Heikki's got his difficult rookie year behind him, he will certainly be a better driver next year....

well, there you go...

I did'nt know who was test driver, but that solves the problem. Heikki's got his difficult rookie year behind him, he will certainly be a better driver next year....

And it's not proving a bad rookie year either. If their test driver is good, it won't be a problem to have two rookies in the team (and it could even be an excuse for the awful performance of the car).

For me, Ralf's performances in an F1 car are no worse than the likes of DC.

Is that supposed to be a compliment? :roll: