Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Cost Cutting - Bernies Way

So India want to hold an F1 race --- Good

So Bernie, the almighty money grabber, asks for $30 million by 30th September 2007 as a deposit for a maybe race in 2009 ???

Why would anyone want to build a new track? Just imagine the INTEREST that Bernie will collect on that 30 mill ???

And Bernie is asking the teams to cut costs?? Like how ??

On that point does anyone Know what the Prize money is for winning an F1 race ?

Each point collected in the World Championship give the team credit points that are allocated to transport and other expenses in the following years World Championship. So the most successful teams pay next to nothing each year due to the fact that they in the previous season scored very well, on the other hand the lower ranked teams have a massive bill for transport and other costs involved. The rich get richer and the poor just have to keep struggling through. The amount of money involved I have no idea, I suspect that sum is probably not discussed in the open.

Look up the Concorde Agreement. There is a pdf file somewhere around that is the whole 104 pages of it. My adobe isn't working quite right but I believe that should answer a few questions.

150 pounds for that book!!!!!!!

Not worth it, mate

I agree AJ, especially when the figures are not 100% correct anyway.

On that point does anyone Know what the Prize money is for winning an F1 race ?

I think I have heard somewhere that the difference between fourth and fifth place in the constructor's championship is somewhere around 5,000,000$. I don't know the exact figures though...

I think I have heard somewhere that the difference between fourth and fifth place in the constructor's championship is somewhere around 5,000,000$. I don't know the exact figures though...

Which gives a huge incentive to teams to make mcaren suffer....