Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Has Alonso Been A Good Signing For Macca

Alonso good or bad signing for Macca  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts please

• No way, the guy is a Jinx
    • 6/10ths per lap says he has been a God send

I think Alonso is a great hiring for any team. I have to wonder just why has Alonso-Mclaren relationship been so screwed up and who contributed to it that it has come to what we have now a days?

Sigh, I was actually going to bother to reply before I saw the last posts. I am losing interest in F1. We don't get races live, and there is no point in watching without live timing, broadband here is horrendously expensive so I can't stream the races. And noone around me is interested. It is impossible to hold a discussion with the great bunch of people on this forum, because someone is always there to spoil the fun.

I Am losing interest too, I didnt care to watch the last race, sorry was it held in Thailand?

I Am losing interest too, I didnt care to watch the last race, sorry was it held in Thailand?

It was the Grand Prix of India held in your backyard and was won by Narain Karthikeyan in a thrilling battle with Lewis Hamilton. You really missed out.

Sigh, I was actually going to bother to reply before I saw the last posts. I am losing interest in F1. We don't get races live, and there is no point in watching without live timing, broadband here is horrendously expensive so I can't stream the races. And noone around me is interested. It is impossible to hold a discussion with the great bunch of people on this forum, because someone is always there to spoil the fun.

Do you refer to me? if yes i'll add you to my list of enemies (joke) or is it Fed Up (and many others like him) that bothers you?

i'll admit i did lose my patience with Fed Up a bit (getting personal and that), but some people never seem to learn anything in life.

i find it can be quite enjoyable to respond to their posts, makes me feel glad i have a brain (damn i did it again).

about not getting the races live i don't know how you cope, as for live timing, well it ain't that special (altho Fed Up will tell you different). don't lose interest, f1 is too precious to give up no matter what!

and by the way you did reply! :P

as a sidenote: i went on holiday for a week, i come back and this forum seems to be going down the Sh#tter compared with before, so many crappy (all time) thread's about.

EDIT:typo's

It was the Grand Prix of India held in your backyard and was won by Narain Karthikeyan in a thrilling battle with Lewis Hamilton. You really missed out.

Oh no I missed it! What was N K Driving? The 2005 V10 Jordan? If the V10 jordan is out of place for you, so Is Grand Prix of India! :rolleyes:

One thing I admit guys. If ever Grand prix of India takes place, don't be surprised if the Indian Marahals Ban the entire Field except Narain, to give him the best possible chance to win! :naughty: It happens only in India!

I'm fed up with Fed Up.

And I'm kinda in the same place as Cav. I haven't given a Sh#t about F1, haven't been watching like I used to. And now with NFL starting, I'll forget all about it. No one around me cares.

But I disagree. There's a couple of annoying b#####ds here, but there's still a bunch of great posters and the human interaction is the only reason I came, and the only reason I'll stay. Even though I don't watch F1, I'll still post.

What is your problem :unsure:

I dont understand why you have an issue with me, I dont personalise issues on internet forums because I can never remember user names. I respond to posts not posters so I dont understand how I have offended you when I dont even notice you.

I guess there are a few sensitive types on here - Best advice is to put me on ignore then I wont upset your day.

What is your problem :unsure:

I dont understand why you have an issue with me, I dont personalise issues on internet forums because I can never remember user names. I respond to posts not posters so I dont understand how I have offended you when I dont even notice you.

I guess there are a few sensitive types on here - Best advice is to put me on ignore then I wont upset your day.

That's why you offend me! :(

Juust kidding.

I'm not offended by you, I'm just a little annoyed because sometimes your opinions are very biased towards Lewis. I'm just an old fart who misses the old days of TF1 and I just wish things could be discussed in a non-biased way, that's all. Nothing personal.

Alonso has given a lot to the team. And the team has given a lot to Alonso as well. Alonso in a Renault certainly cant challenge for the WDC this season. I think the benefit is mutual. As with Hamilton, him being there has pushed Alonso all the way and that can only be good for the team. The problem is people talk too much about the relationship between Alonso and Hamilton. They are not friends, they are teammates, and we dont expect them to be friends. Just as long as they both do the job for the team, as a Mclaren fan I will be happy.

Alonso is an unusual individual. As one observer put it: "You want to like him, but he will not let you." His behaviour at McLaren in his first season with the team has exasperated the hierarchy and alienated some beyond the point of return. Doubts remain about his whereabouts next year. Yet here, in the most trying circumstances imaginable, Alonso stuck it to Ferrari in their own backyard.

Fernando Alonso wins at Monza

Defiant: Fernando Alonso celebrates at Monza

The Spaniard was as popular as chickenpox when he arrived at the McLaren motorhome on Thursday, outed as one of the sources of new evidence acquired by Formula One's ruling body, the FIA, in the spy case against his team.

Though it emerged that his testimony was provided under threat of sanction from the FIA, there was enough speculation buzzing around Alonso, but such are the divisions apparent in this team, Alonso was most definitely not Mr Popular when he slipped behind the wheel of his McLaren on Friday morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...0/smgars110.xml

Nuff said

<_<

If any of that were true, then it would make Alonso's performance in the race even better, in my eyes.

The article does allude to that - If Alonso continues to alienate the team who do you think they will favour at a critical point in the season - Mclaren have no incentive to give nando equal favour over Lewis as I am sure Nando will leave the team at the end of this season and will either take the No1 to another team or take a 1 year sabbatical.

I'll get shot down again here, but what do you think Mclaren would do if they're points are deducted from them for this season leaving the drivers intact. They would then effectively be motivated to win the WDC for either of their drivers - My money would be on Lewis under those circumstances.

The article does allude to that - If Alonso continues to alienate the team who do you think they will favour at a critical point in the season - Mclaren have no incentive to give nando equal favour over Lewis as I am sure Nando will leave the team at the end of this season and will either take the No1 to another team or take a 1 year sabbatical.

I'll get shot down again here, but what do you think Mclaren would do if they're points are deducted from them for this season leaving the drivers intact. They would then effectively be motivated to win the WDC for either of their drivers - My money would be on Lewis under those circumstances.

I think we have gone past the critical point of the season without any preference to either driver, I don't see any ruling on Thursday changing that approach from McLaren. And at the moment I don't buy in to the Alonso leaving McLaren rumour either.

More positive comments from Alonso

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40617

:unsure:

Well, I see that as just biased journalism and I wouldn't pay it too much attention. As I say, I pretty much only trust comments I hear the drivers say 'live' as it were these days, or I might pay a bit more attention if it appears on the bbc site, but even then it would depend on what it said.

That is of course, unless I feel like creating a bit of trouble on here! :lol:

Well, I see that as just biased journalism and I wouldn't pay it too much attention. As I say, I pretty much only trust comments I hear the drivers say 'live' as it were these days, or I might pay a bit more attention if it appears on the bbc site, but even then it would depend on what it said.

That is of course, unless I feel like creating a bit of trouble on here! :lol:

No matter how you look at it, these comments are not motivational and are in starrk contrast to those of Lewis

Isn't he just telling the truth?

I think the telling bit is where he says the WDC is 10pts to him and WCC 8pts. To me that's just saying the WDC is most important to him, but he still thinks the WCC is important. That's how every driver sees it and as a team member you would know this. I am sure if you ask Ron he would see it as WCC 10pts, WDC 8pts, it doesn't mean he thinks the WDC is not important.

As has widely been reported, an email between Pedro & Nando is the additional evidence that could be used to against the Mclaren team in spygate. This is another sorry chapter in the nando Mclaren saga.

I vote No way! the guy has brought nothing but trouble to Mclaren

**** your chimpance a## b#####d!

You are wrong, of course. I'm not quite sure that the e-mail(s) will prove anything. Think a moment. The 2007 McLaren is not designed from the 2007 Ferrari plans. They are not alike at all, from the aerodynamics down to the suspension geometry and ballast points. The only 'set-up' info that drivers can affect would be the weight distribution (placement of ballast), front and rear wing positions, ride height and suspension. None of these points can be helped with a knowledge of the 2007 Ferrari car design. Those designs don't include a list of Ferrari front wing, suspension, etc settings....and those are the only things that Alonso and de la Rosa would be talking about. Likely the email concerns Alonso's observations of the Ferrari and he was talking to Pedro about mirroring those. Sorry my dear ape, but you must try harder......

McLaren are now 1st in both championships after last year being 3rd and 96 pts adrift of Renault (and winless). Renault and McLaren have almost swapped places this year and the obvious link is that one team gained Alonso and the other lost him. I say 'yes', although 6-tenths is impossible to calculate.

Thank you my wise friend, This is the best post in this topic as yet!

This weekend, both Mclaren drivers showed what they bring to the team.

Isn't he just telling the truth?

I think the telling bit is where he says the WDC is 10pts to him and WCC 8pts. To me that's just saying the WDC is most important to him, but he still thinks the WCC is important. That's how every driver sees it and as a team member you would know this. I am sure if you ask Ron he would see it as WCC 10pts, WDC 8pts, it doesn't mean he thinks the WDC is not important.

Exactly, EVERY driver feels the same way!

If any of that were true, then it would make Alonso's performance in the race even better, in my eyes.

Absolutely. Not easy to bake the perfect cake when some of the ingredients aren't right.

Alonso may be a nice guy, I think Flavio is the one who is making him talk all that rubbish. But I still don't know why does a matured driver like him speak so carelessly (or is he Matured :lol: , may be Mark Webber knows that :P ). Why is he trying to damage his reputation with his mouth when he has enough talent to do the talking on track. Why? :unsure:

Our spies in the FIA World Council meeting have revealed that there are going to be some surprises when the details come to light next week. We understand that the most extraordinary revelation will be in relation to the identity of the man who tipped off the FIA that there was additional evidence against McLaren: it was none other than Ron Dennis.

It appears that this strange turn of affairs came about because Dennis and Fernando Alonso argued about the details of the Spaniard's contract. Alonso seems to have mentioned that he was in possession of information that might be of interest to the FIA. In order to deprive Alonso of this rather unsavoury negotiating tool and negate the possibility of anyone else using it against McLaren and because it was the right thing to do Dennis reported the information to the FIA in the hope that his display of good faith would underline the fact that the team has been honest throughout the investigation.

It is anticipated that this will be confirmed when the transcripts of the case come to light next week.

If this is indeed the case, Fernando Alonso's image as a simple, nice fellow is going to take quite a hit

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19649.html

"In order to deprive Alonso of this rather unsavoury negotiating tool and negate the possibility of anyone else using it against McLaren and because it was the right thing to do Dennis reported the information to the FIA in the hope that his display of good faith would underline the fact that the team has been honest throughout the investigation.

If this is indeed the case, Fernando Alonso's image as a simple, nice fellow is going to take quite a hit"

Poor Ron Dennis must have nightmares about having made a mistake signing Alonso.....

no way is Alonso the bad guy but he really got to watch what he is saying. So far I dont see any preference in Mclaren, but in the future who knows. Alonso is showing as if he feels that the team is not backing him, and that is not good. Not for himself, not for the team. I understand there are drivers who would put themselves before the team and there is nothing wrong with that. But again, there is no need to tell everyone that isn't it?