Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

The Monza 2007 Race Thread

Alonso was the driver of the day. Didn't put a foot wrong anywhere.

Hamilton pass on KR, good

KR falling asleep. Bad

KR giving up and nursing the engine for the next race, bad. F1 needs to scrap the two race rule.

I have to give credit to LH/RK/Massa. They were the drivers that made this interesting. So sad for FM. He had that brilliant Scrap with Hamilton at the start. It reminded me of the F1 of old.

EDIT

Just remembered KR's big wreck. I won't be too hard on him. He may have been struggling with some physical side effects. Sore neck , back those kind of things.

I agree with you. I think Kimi should've fought harder, but I think Hamiton would've passed him anyway...

And it's a pity Massa was out, because the race looked great at the start.

Well, it was a pass nevertheles, you know :P

Nah, Button and Rosberg were far better, I liked their fight

i suppose it was good as passing at the front is rare this season. but still ITV needlessly overdo it.

for me the balance was 60% Kimi caused the pass by sleeping, neck pain, whatever & the rest was Lewis.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

In other news, Townsend Bell deserves a job doing commentary. For a guy who has only driven an F1 car twice, he sure knows his stuff.

I only watched 20 minutes of this race, so I can't comment. Who won?

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

In other news, Townsend Bell deserves a job doing commentary. For a guy who has only driven an F1 car twice, he sure knows his stuff.

I only watched 20 minutes of this race, so I can't comment. Who won?

It wasn't a bad race... Alonso won, but by being so flawless that he didn't deserve the little airtime he got :lol:

It wasn't a bad race... Alonso won, but by being so flawless that he didn't deserve the little airtime he got :lol:

Not surprised that he won.

However, I think I will just convince myself Scott Speed won the race by 5 laps in a pink 1990 Fiat Panda and then turned down a $100mil per year offer from McLaren to go race Champ Car.

Not surprised that he won.

However, I think I will just convince myself Scott Speed won the race by 5 laps in a pink 1990 Fiat Panda and then turned down a $100mil per year offer from McLaren to go race Champ Car.

yep, his engine blew up, but Scot being speed didnt give up, he ripped the Panda's floor and ran with it till the finish and lapped the second placed car five times! :blink:

yep, his engine blew up, but Scot being speed didnt give up, he ripped the Panda's floor and ran with it till the finish and lapped the second placed car five times! :blink:

:lol::lol:

Funny thing is, I bet that's what Scott saw when he watched the race this morning. Drugs do weird things to people.

Funny thing is, I bet that's what Scott saw when he watched the race this morning. Drugs do weird things to people.

I am wondering what is Scot doing there while not racing and singing. (must be with his 10yo neighbor kid discussing how to get a boner?) :eusa_think:

I am wondering what is Scot doing there while not racing and singing. (must be with his 10yo neighbor kid discussing how to get a boner?) :eusa_think:

He's living with mommy, driving his Ford Focus, buying neon-colored outfits, having phonesex with his Austrian girlfriend who didn't come back to the States with him, getting high, and taking steroids to prepare for driving 3600-lb tanks around tight ovals.

(Just a side note: Scott doesn't do drugs. It's a strange inside joke from other forums...and seriously, he's probably doing stuff with his business, Squadra Piloti, and trying to get a ride in NASSCRAP)

Kimi did have a neck injury this race:-

Raikkonen to race with stiff, sore neck

Set to brave it out at the Italian Grand Prix

Following his high speed crash during Saturday practice at Monza, Kimi Raikkonen awoke on Sunday morning for the Italian grand prix with a very sore and stiff neck.

The Finn had a check-up in the circuit medical centre here directly after the incident, where FIA medical boss Dr Gary Hartstein cleared him to qualify.

"He is okay," Hartstein said in the paddock on Saturday.

Raikkonen, 28, was just fifth quickest, and apparently confided to some friends in the Finnish press that he was suffering with some neck pain throughout the qualifying session.

Spanish newspaper As says the Ferrari driver's pain increased throughout the evening, and he arrived at the circuit on Sunday barely able to move his head from side to side.

It is not believed that the muscle soreness will cause him to sit out the race, but Raikkonen told the Swiss newspaper Blick: "My neck does hurt quite a lot and it is completely stiff. I can hardly move.

"But it's nothing really bad or anything and I look forward to the race."

Source GMM

CAPSIS International

F1live

Then i could understand him not looking at his mirrors as it would probably cause him a lot of pain...

Very unfortunate about Massa, but still no sign of what was wrong....

He's living with mommy, driving his Ford Focus, buying neon-colored outfits, having phonesex with his Austrian girlfriend who didn't come back to the States with him, getting high, and taking steroids to prepare for driving 3600-lb tanks around tight ovals.

(Just a side note: Scott doesn't do drugs. It's a strange inside joke from other forums...and seriously, he's probably doing stuff with his business, Squadra Piloti, and trying to get a ride in NASSCRAP)

Well, I heard you Americans find any European (that is other than English) accent sexy, and get a borner so easily!

What a display by the Ferrari drivers. Massa cannot hold the position into the first corner after having overtaken Hamilton and Kimi falls asleep at the wheel and does not even put a fight against Hamilton. At Monza!!!! If Enzo raised his head they would be both fired by Monday. It will be interesting to read the Italian press tomorrow but the team cannot be happy with the drivers after this. It looks increasingly like Alonso will be wearing red next year...

What a display by the Ferrari drivers. Massa cannot hold the position into the first corner after having overtaken Hamilton and Kimi falls asleep at the wheel and does not even put a fight against Hamilton. At Monza!!!! If Enzo raised his head they would be both fired by Monday. It will be interesting to read the Italian press tomorrow but the team cannot be happy with the drivers after this. It looks increasingly like Alonso will be wearing red next year...

I think it would be a bit harsh to blame Massa, but Kimi is an expensive flop. To be fair to Kimi he had a huge shunt the likely effects of which seemed to pass without comment even from his own team.

Without wanting to offend the huge army of Kimi fans, it is obvious that Kimi is not the heir apparent that ferrari spent vast sums of money in luring to the Scuderia. Todt's judgement must now be called in to question for allowing Nando to defect to Mclaren on a retainer significantly less than Kimi's.

Alonso in a Ferrari would win the WDC at a canter.

Hey,is it true that Alonso has said something like:i've raced with a Reno,then with a McMerc,and maybe with a red car soon...(I think it was something similar,but I can't remember where I've read it)

I think it would be a bit harsh to blame Massa, but Kimi is an expensive flop. To be fair to Kimi he had a huge shunt the likely effects of which seemed to pass without comment even from his own team.

I agree (this is a special moment).

Without wanting to offend the huge army of Kimi fans, it is obvious that Kimi is not the heir apparent that ferrari spent vast sums of money in luring to the Scuderia. Todt's judgement must now be called in to question for allowing Nando to defect to Mclaren on a retainer significantly less than Kimi's.

Some of this I can agree with.

Alonso in a Ferrari would win the WDC at a canter.

This is pointless speculation.

(looks like it didn't last for too long)

Congrats Alonso. He was simply faster than Hami most of the weekend. Let's see him take the championship lead after Spa, and take out his third WDC by Brazil!!

Alonso for sure, he drove a perfect race. If he can keep that up, he will be top in the WDC very soon. My money's on him to win the WDC.

By the way, is it just me or Alonso didn't look like he was celebrating the way he usually does? I mean he looks a bit more solemn? :blink: lol maybe its just me.

Well, I heard you Americans find any European (that is other than English) accent sexy, and get a borner so easily!

I can attest to the fact that Americans love foreign accents. That's how I've met (lured?) both my ex and current wife, and in my misspent youth (when I literally lived in college bars) I didn't even need a "line" to pick up a girl. All I had to do was to start talking to somebody (including a bartender), and all the female heads within an earshot would start to swivel in my direction, followed by the standard: "I LOVE your accent! Where are you from?" from the nearest one. :naughty::clap3: