Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elgo

Grid Protest!!

Alonso planned '06 Monaco grid protest

Monday, 10, September, 2007, 15:37 spacer.gif

Fernando Alonso planned to lie down in front of Michael Schumacher's car on the starting grid at last year's Monaco Grand Prix if the stewards did not penalise the German for intentionally stopping his Ferrari at Rascasse during qualifying.

The startling insight into Alonso's character is provided by Mark Webber, who recounts a conversation with the Spaniard in James Allen's new biography of Schumacher, Michael Schumacher: The Edge of Greatness.

The notorious 'parking' incident, in which Schumacher executed a clumsy half-spin in the dying moments of qualifying which ensured that his pole time would not be beaten, sparked an immediate furore and his insistence that it was an innocent mistake was derided by rival drivers.

After an in-depth inquiry the FIA stewards sent Schumacher to the back of the grid, issuing their verdict at 10.45 on Saturday evening.

But Alonso, who ultimately won a season-long duel with Schumacher for the title, was worried that the stewards would let the seven-time champion off the hook

:lol: Gold. i wish schumi hadn't gotten the penalty now so alonso wud of, he would forever be my fave driver.

i wonder what FIA's punishment would be?

I wonder if Mikey would have run Alonso over...

doubt it, MS wouldn't want to damage the car, Ferrari didn't have mass dampers like Renault...

Wow, that would've been a golden modern F1 moment to witness! A shame the stewards did the right thing on the day! :lol:

I would of loved to hear what Mark responded with after Fernando told of his plans!!! I bet it would of been something along the lines of "What the F@#k, are you crazy mate, or what?"

I would of loved to hear what Mark responded with after Fernando told of his plans!!! I bet it would of been something along the lines of "What the F@#k, are you crazy mate, or what?"

" 'ere mate, 'ave another Tooheys and forget about it!"

:beer22:

Edit: Can you get Tooheys outside of Australia?

" 'ere mate, 'ave another Tooheys and forget about it!"

:beer22:

Edit: Can you get Tooheys outside of Australia?

:lol:

Didn't know that Yoda.

Are you a fan of the Tooheys product by any chance???

:lol:

Didn't know that Yoda.

Are you a fan of the Tooheys product by any chance???

No, I can't honestly say that I am, as I've never tried it.

The only Australian beer I've ever been able to find here is Foster's; (I think it's the only one actually exported) and I've not made it over there yet ... That said, as a beer snob, I've heard wonderful things about Tooheys, VB, Emu Bitter and Castlemain ... I picked on Tooheys specifically as I've read that it's popular in NSW, and IIRC Mark is from NSW ... :D

No, I can't honestly say that I am, as I've never tried it.

The only Australian beer I've ever been able to find here is Foster's; (I think it's the only one actually exported) and I've not made it over there yet ... That said, as a beer snob, I've heard wonderful things about Tooheys, VB, Emu Bitter and Castlemain ... I picked on Tooheys specifically as I've read that it's popular in NSW, and IIRC Mark is from NSW ... :D

If you ordered a Fosters here in Oz the barman would look at you like you're a fool, and then proceed to tell you that no one in Australia drinks the stuff so they don't have it!!!

Tooheys is a great beer I drink Tooheys New. Tooheys have a few different beers to satisfy all tastes.

VB is very sweet bitter beer. I tend not to drink it very often.

Emu Bitter or EB as the West Australians call it is horribly too bitter for my tastes. Wes maybe able to eloborate a little more being from Western Australia. When i'm in west oz I tend to try and drink it in about three swigs to get it over and done with.

Castlmaine is my home town beer it's known as XXXX (pronounced four X) very nice drop indeed.

Anyway back to the thread: Can you imagine the look on Bernies face if Fernando was to go ahead with his protest!!!! That would be a look no amount of money could ever buy.

I wonder if Mikey would have run Alonso over...

Those eyebrows would have been like massive speed bumps.

Either that or Mikey could spit on them and they would become a car wash.

Yes the under potions rearly get cleaned.....The eyebrow(s) could be like wipers cleaning it reallly welll

Those eyebrows would have been like massive speed bumps.

lksdmgs\n gsdb g\s f asf

hahahahahahah- fell off my chair i was laughing so hard........ could have kept them for Souvenirs

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::lol::lol::lol:

Yes the under potions rearly get cleaned.....The eyebrow(s) could be like wipers cleaning it reallly welll

Now I know why drivers try to run over their lollypop man!

I thought it was a kind of joke from Alonso to Webber,but now,thinking of it,it must have been one of these partner bed confidences!

Woops :unsure:

Good boy. You get a treat.

Senses of humor are good.

He was joking, you do realize.

Laughter can cause slight vibration, and Nando wanted Webbo to vibrate a little. Just to, uhh...you know...start it up a bit. That's all.