Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUschumi

Mclaren's Penalty Prediction

McLaren's Penalty Prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple choice prediction? (Allows to select more than one choice)

• Hefty $$$ Fine
    • Deduct Contructor Points
    • Deduct Driver Points
    • Ban McLaren for 2007 (zero point)
    • Ban McLaren for 2008
    • Ban McLaren for Life
    • Ban Drivers for 2007 (zero point)
    • Ban Drivers for 2008
    • Ban Drivers for Life
    • All Above

Can you add ban FUschumi and Hefty $$$ Fine for making pointless and already made topics and posts please.

Thanks

Just made a poll to combine all the posts. please accept my apology if that borders you.

My prediction:

Monetary fine of Euro 25 millions + Deduct 60 constructor points + Deduct 30 points from Hamilton and Alonso respectively. :naughty:

Hamilton and Alonso are an average of nearly 20 points ahead of the Ferrari duo, so -20 points for them! Raikkonen (Scuderia FIArrari Marlboro) would then be leading the standings with 2 points over Lewis and 5 over Nando and Massa.

For the constructors -40 points (so McLaren would be 17 points behind FIArrari), then, the following week give 15 points of Hungary back to McLaren so they are two points behind FIArrari.

Et voil

Hefty fine.

I dont see them deducting points or bans unless in can be proved beyond doubt that Ferrari designs have been incorperated into the Mclaren.

Either a fine or ban constructor points.

They wouldn't ban them McLaren is too big, but IF the FIA did, what would Prodrive do about next Season?If they are in line for those chassis's?

Hefty fine.

I dont see them deducting points or bans unless in can be proved beyond doubt that Ferrari designs have been incorperated into the Mclaren.

imho think that they will do anything to punish Mclaren. Mad Max & Co. ( i.e. Jean Todt ) are on a mission, which btw is not impossible.

I expect a deduction of constructor points. I think it resolves the issue and enforces a precedent that should be met.

Regardless, the handling of this issue has been rediculous from those included. Through the public notices, Ferrari and its key characters, the media etc.

I still find it amusing to this day that it is all referred to as a spy affair on the basis that the fact remains that these documents were handed down by a Ferrari employee? This segment of the saga should remain a key issue! However, precedent should take place and see some punishment inflicted toward McLaren.

Just get it done for christ sake!

I think that Mclaren at worst will see a loss of all constructor points (stupid). I think the outcome will be $50 million fine just to send a message to everyone that whatever went on should not go on.

Kicking them from the Championship stopping them being on the grid will just destroy the sport, and a very great team. If it was that they were not on the grid on Sunday for Spa, I think ITV will have about 5 people watching :)

Either a fine or ban constructor points.

They wouldn't ban them McLaren is too big, but IF the FIA did, what would Prodrive do about next Season?If they are in line for those chassis's?

Ferrari would be extremely happy that Prodrive could use their package next year. So that 4 teams will use Ferrari engine in 2008 and maybe they will be the sole engine supplier in the future.

Bravo Ferrari!

I have an idea for the FIA!!

Why don't they ban McLaren, BMW, Toyota, Honda and Renault and then force all the customer teams to use Ferrari chassis? So Ferrari will always win and we'll be no more forced to see political wars burning because of FIArrari. No to mention that we'll also be able to concentrate on the on track action btw the drivers! ^_^

I have an idea for the FIA!!

Why don't they ban McLaren, BMW, Toyota, Honda and Renault and then force all the customer teams to use Ferrari chassis? So Ferrari will always win and we'll be no more forced to see political wars burning because of FIArrari. No to mention that we'll also be able to concentrate on the on track action btw the drivers! ^_^

I have an idea for you :-

Ban yourself from posting until the drugs have worn off.

I have an idea for you :-

Ban yourself from posting until the drugs have worn off.

I don't know what they're using (christiano84 and FUschumie) but it's pretty strong stuff! It's messing up their brain's at an alarming and disturbing rate...

I voted for the deduction of some points. A fine is also almost sure, but I think it will end there.

Banning a top team for the whole season, or for life is not good for the whole F1 structure. A lot of money will be lost, primarily from the team, but also from ticket and right sales.

So I think that after the "big bang" they will try to lower the noise....

I voted for the deduction of some points. A fine is also almost sure, but I think it will end there.

Banning a top team for the whole season, or for life is not good for the whole F1 structure. A lot of money will be lost, primarily from the team, but also from ticket and right sales.

So I think that after the "big bang" they will try to lower the noise....

Yeah i feel the first two options as well, but maybe a smaller fine, if they lose the WCC points..

I really doubt they will banned for life; that is just the effect of the drugs on these guys...

Lifetime ban of drivers, teams, and posters who start threads about the spy saga.

...or just the last part.

THOUGHTS BEFORE THE WORLD COUNCIL

SEPTEMBER 11, 2007

Thoughts before the World Council

In the next 36 hours there needs to be a lot of thinking in FIA circles - at least one would hope that will be the case because the "trial" of McLaren is as much a trial of the FIA as it is of the team. The FIA World Council has already decided that McLaren breached Article 151c of the International Sporting Code and was involved in "fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport". This was because a rogue employee Mike Coughlan was found to be in unauthorised possession of documents and confidential information belonging to Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro. The team is responsible for rogue employees.

In July the Council concluded that there was insufficient evidence to punish McLaren but added that if new evidence did emerge the decision would be reconsidered. The FIA move to recall the matter to the World Council is apparently based on new evidence that has been received. This includes messages that were sent between McLaren drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Fernando Alonso which, it seems, suggest that the development of the McLaren MP4-22 was influenced by information flowing from Ferrari's Nigel Stepney to Coughlan and from him to the drivers.

So let us assume that someone else in the team has been found to have known about the leaks from Stepney. What does that prove?

Rules are rules, some will say. True, but it is the sign of a healthy system of government that the law is applied in a sensible fashion and that the legislature is trusted to make the right decisions. The FIA rules and regulations are often open to interpretation because that provides the federation with flexibility to use the rules as they see fit. This is not a bad idea so long as there are no abuses. In ethics and in law there is a fundamental principle that the severity of a penalty should be proportional to the severity of the infraction. The concept is common to most cultures throughout the world. British law, for example, can trace its attempts to establish such a system can be traced back to 1275 and the principle is enshrined in the Habeas Corpus Act and the English Bill of Rights.

The Eighth Amendment of the US Constitution similarly forbids punishments which are "cruel and unusual".

The point of all this is that while the FIA operates in something of a legal vacuum, it will not be allowed to impose a punishment that does not fit the crime.

If McLaren is to be punished there needs to be quantitative evidence that a significant advantage was gained by the new evidence being presented. And how does one show that an SMS or e-mail message from one driver to another resulted directly in the team gaining a sufficient advantage to put McLaren ahead of Ferrari at some races? And how in the world can the FIA distinguish this from the development that has been going on at McLaren at the same time?

If that sounds like a pretty impossible task.

But thia is only a part of the problem.

Perception is what matters. It is widely perceived these days that President Max Mosley has too often made the mistake of making public his dislike of McLaren

Penalty- 50 points deduction in WCC this year and next year

as a result, Ron could sell his part of Mclaren to Mercedes, in which case it will become Mercedes F1

Too many post about this story I didn't check them all as it does my head. Sorry.

don't worry!i feel exactly the same.it is just like the hundreds of threads about the pits incident at hungary!it makes you so confused and bored!!

Too many post about this story I didn't check them all as it does my head. Sorry.

No problem man, just thought it is better to have a consolidated topic than 10 same things in different places...