Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Alonso, Public Ememy Number 1

The Spanish media ain't too objective either.

Whining about the British media is pointless. They're just the same as in any other country with a vested interest in the sport. In other words, atrocious. But jingoism sells, unfortunately, so nothing's going to change any time soon.

Alonso has only himself to blame- he's given the press more ammo against him than they could have ever dreamt of. If you want to avoid being "public enemy number 1" the secret is to either 1) be born in Britain, 2) convert to British nationality (eg Rusedski or suchlike) or 3) shut the hell up and drive (eg Kimi)

3) is the easiest, but Nando just can't seem to manage it right now. Doctor Oli prescribes intravenous vodka.

Oh, objective media? It don't git no better then the You Ess uv Ayy.

Someone wins race in Europe

Furriner alien wins

Yesterday, some strange named dude one a European race in Europe. The dude might've been European. He sounded like he was from Mars. The race was Indianapolis 500 cars I think. I don't know.

See, no bias!

SFGate had an article on Formula One a few months back, in which they claimed Alonso was Italian. I think they gave up after that.

Never thought one of the reasons I like living in the US would be the media, but in this case they might have the right idea- no news is good news.

SFGate had an article on Formula One a few months back, in which they claimed Alonso was Italian. I think they gave up after that.

Never thought one of the reasons I like living in the US would be the media, but in this case they might have the right idea- no news is good news.

:lol:

Once USA Today (I think) published an article (more like a blurb) about the European Grand Prix and said "Massa beats Massa in late race battle"

the Boston Globe usually has a one sentence thing that says ...Fernando Alonso wins Italian Grand Prix...

:lol:

Once USA Today (I think) published an article (more like a blurb) about the European Grand Prix and said "Massa beats Massa in late race battle"

Pure, unadulterated genius.

Alonso is Spanish, and therefore Latin, meaning hot blooded. He speaks what he thinks which is preferable to what Hamilton does and that is to speak through some other orifice besides his mouth.

Agreed.

I think the Alonso fans are finding out what F1 and the British press do to people. Remember JV against the last boy god british driver. The British F1 press will do everything to destroy Alonso's image, much the same way the set out to destroy JV. The similarities are mind boggling. Even the sitting out a year part.

It is a pattern that frankly disturbs me, and takes away from my enjoyment of F1. I saw what they tried to do to JV and I see it all again with Alonso. Maybe this "replay" will alert the more sensible British fan to what a disservice the british tabloid journalist do to other nationalities as well as the sport in general.

In short they end up creating such hype that their poor boys can never measure up. The British press crap makes you want nothing but bad luck to befall their chosen god, and that is a shame.

So true.

<_<

Well, interesting to compare Rosberg with Lewis.

I don't want to compare them unless they are driving the same cars, Who knows if Alonso decides to go else where Nico could well be brought to Mclaren and paired against Lewis.

If Nico is not winning, what are you then going to say? Lewis has been in Mclaren for decates?

Hardcore Kimi fans don't seem to complain like that when Kimi was not winning. (a fan of Kimi too, but decided to change clubs after Kimi went to Ferrari, but I would love to see Kimi winning the title if Lewis is not, but I really don't want to see Ferrari win the constructors).

all im saying is that Rosberg is more complete driver then lewis , if i have to bet money on one of them i will bet on Rosberg, and if Rosberg goes to Mclaren

i will continue to say that lewis is the favourite in mclaren , i don't give a **** of Mclaren people saying they are on equal terms , for sure a sympaty for one they have and in my opinion that one is lewis.

lewis have all the cards in his favour , and i will explain when Fa went to Mclaren he started wanted to be treated as 2 timeworld champion , get more money, etc...lewis was on mclaren agenda a decade went to f1 team with less money, and nobody is saying he is not good in fact he performed well so if someone needs to compare in mclaren camp they say hey with lewis we are spending so much adn he is perfoming with Fa we are spoending so even he is perfoming

i don't know if i get myself clear , so its better we start favouritsm in favour of LH so FA can leave but with not at their expense.....

with all of this i still think that FA is better , Rosberg is better and i would like to see NP with a good car either ,

not to forget if BMW be stronger next year about NH .....

cheers/

Agreed.

So true.

<_<

Hmmmm, this I can't understand, unless you are living in the UK? I don't pay much attention to my own country's media, let alone another country's media.

The thing is, guys and gals, wait until Lewis does something wrong and you will see just how fickle the British media can be.

What a pointless thread, if you don't like what the british media has to say

then frankly just don't read it!

This crap happens all over the world, the spanish press do it, the italian press

do it, oh and guess what... So do the germans.

If you think the british press is a load of rubbish then read something else,

if you can't find anything else which suites "Your" needs then write your own

stuff up.

I have lived in the UK all my life and know how the press work here, I read the

paper every single day and see so much hype and crap that in the end you learn

to live with it.

If you think the British public hate Alonso then you are wrong, most know the media

talk bull and just shrug their comments off.

I now laugh at some comments made in the paper (And this forum) since thats the only

best thing you can do really.

There is two side to every story. It seems to me Alonso is public enemy no.1 but Hamilton also seems like public enemy no.1. So who is no.1 really? I think it is Mclaren. :closedeyes:

It seems nowadays Fernando Alonso is at fault for all the worlds current issues, from global heating caused solely by him driving his Mercedes SL55 road car too fast, causing exhaust fumes and burning a hole in the ozone, the disappearance of Madelane since her parents were infact cast under a magical spell while watching an interview with Alonso on BBC at the time of the disappearance & now the SteppneyGate saga, Since he infact broke into the Ferrari HQ one night and stole the Designs himself!

Well if you listen to and take the British Press, ITV and joke websites like Planet F1 seriously these could all very well be true!

The truth is it's truly a friggin joke the way everyone makes Alonso public enemy number 1... It's caused mainly by the fact the the British media see Alonso as the main threat to Hamilton's illusive rookie season championship and as a result they all try bring the current world champion down at every opportunity.

Now I will be the first to admit, Alonso has made some comments about the team this season which were unwarranted, but the hype about how "he didn't thank the team after the Monza GP", How "he sees the drivers title as more important than the drivers", how "he didn't make eye contact with the Mclaren team after the race"...

It's all hogwash! The British Press and ITV commentators are a bunch of clowns who are building up a propaganda campaign against Alonso... It's actually a sad joke of a bunch of losers who need to get a proper job!

No, the first paragraph applies to GW Bush (if you talk to any self-respecting pinko-terrorist-loving-defeatist-treehugging American liberal) or myself, if you talk to my wife (also a "loser" would apply since I am a fan of "losers" like Polish soccer team -currently in the lead in Group A of the EU2008 quali- or RK -currently the sixth best driver in the World). It all depends on your point of view.