Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

Australian GP, what happed to Minardi

both Minardi's were unable to finsh the face and heres why.

Zolt Baumgartner: Zolt first run into trubble on lap 8, when he was bought in for a eirly pit stop the team had a look to see what was rong but thay did not find a thing. he later retired on lap 16 with the faulty electronic engin control unit.

Bruni: on lap 20 his ford engin started to lose power. he was then brought in on lap 37 to see if the Minardi ennginers chould fix the problim.the problim was that the engin was misfire. 14 laps later he came back out.

some of you on another post (minardi Ps04 in the 2004 launches) said that the minardis souned bad well thats why thay souned so bad. and also because thay have 4 year old engines in the PS04

man, they sounded sooo wrong, i guess that explains it.

you say 4 year-old engines. what, are they just rebulids of all the blown-up jag engines of 00-03? :lol:

anyway, i hope they get a break somewhere....

I was on the hill at turn 5 and not only did the Minardis sound slow, they looked a lot slower than everyone else. I don't think that gamble to take the slower engine will pay off, they were way way off the pace. All that considering, Bruni did a good job and was mixing with the Jordans at times. I think Stoddart has unearthed another gem!!. Alonso, Webber, Wilson (to an extent) and now Bruni. Well done, go Minardi!!!

shaun

I was on the hill at turn 5 and not only did the Minardis sound slow, they looked a lot slower than everyone else. I don't think that gamble to take the slower engine will pay off, they were way way off the pace. All that considering, Bruni did a good job and was mixing with the Jordans at times. I think Stoddart has unearthed another gem!!. Alonso, Webber, Wilson (to an extent) and now Bruni. Well done, go Minardi!!!

shaun

i was just going to start up a pole on Bruni and if you think hes the next Alnso or webber.

and also Bruni's fasest lap was .5sec faster than Zolt's fasest lap

I was on the hill at turn 5 and not only did the Minardis sound slow, they looked a lot slower than everyone else.

Thats because they are! :lol::lol:

I don't see ANYONE as a next Alonso, but he seem so be a driver deserving of his spot in F1.

Juany, nice one mate, but yeah I was really surprised at how slow they looked and sounded, it was like they were in another class of motor racing or something, it's crazy!!

shaun

yeah looks like they'll be the first to get relegated to f2 next year :P

yeah looks like they'll be the first to get relegated to f2 next year :P

is there relly going to be a F2 next year

Bruni being the next Webber or Alonso?  How can one make such an assumption after just one race?

because of hes testing times. there way faster than Zolt(eaven throw Zolt is crap) and some times u can just feel it. feel it right down it your hard. the harts of harts.

when webbo had that outstanding debut everyone was talking, but he also had a renult test drive year behhind him. same with alonso, he had a solid year and then a year at renult testing. they both had a pretty good grounding before stepping up.

webbo's was a great start and alonso impressed, but you can hardly compare these to bruni's what, unclassified finish... let's see how he goes, first, when he make sthe chequered flag properly, and secondly, when he experiences some different and more daunting circuits.

evreyone's making the right noises about him tho..

when webbo had that outstanding debut everyone was talking, but he also had a renult test drive year behhind him.  same with alonso, he had a solid year and then a year at renult testing.  they both had a pretty good grounding before stepping up.

webbo's was a great start and alonso impressed, but you can hardly compare these to bruni's what, unclassified finish...  let's see how he goes, first, when he make sthe chequered flag properly, and secondly, when he experiences some different and more daunting circuits.

evreyone's making the right noises about him tho..

well wile your doing that i will be thinking about Bruni next step up. if he does not drive for a Midpack team he will drive fore Minardi again.

some of you on another post (minardi Ps04 in the 2004 launches) said that the minardis souned bad well thats why thay souned so bad. and also because thay have 4 year old engines in the PS04

Minardi are running the latest style Cosworth engine, which is basically the same one in the Jaguar R5 apart from a few modifications.But i do think that Minardi are running a lot less revs that Jaguar/Jordan for some reason may be around 500/650rpm less.Maybe the build quality aint so good and its just shaking the car apart at full revs.Only they will know for sure!

Teams like Minardi deserve to receive a greater share of the revenue generated by F1. Bernie always talks about `the show`, excitement and appeal of F1 and yet does nothing about it. If the slowest teams were given more money they would gradually close the gap to the midfield teams (like Jaguar and Sauber) and after a while F1 would have an extremely competitive midfield, which would make up for those races where the front of the GP is decidedly boring.

The show could also be improved by a return to slick tyres, a ban on traction control, a revision of the points system, a return to last years qualifying session, limiting private testing, the provision of affordable customer engines, a limit of one GP per country etc.

and thats exactly why the bigger teams wont let it happen.

if there is more competition near the front of the grid, there is more competition for the sponsors money. The bigger teams couldnt be happier that Jordan and Minardi will fight for last grid spots all year long.

and thats exactly why the bigger teams wont let it happen.

if there is more competition near the front of the grid, there is more competition for the sponsors money.  The bigger teams couldnt be happier that Jordan and Minardi will fight for last grid spots all year long.

and thats another reason why F1 is becoming a joke.

shaun

Minardi are running the latest style Cosworth engine, which is basically the same one in the Jaguar R5 apart from a few modifications.But i do think that Minardi are running a lot less revs that Jaguar/Jordan for some reason may be around 500/650rpm less.Maybe the build quality aint so good and its just shaking the car apart at full revs.Only they will know for sure!

Jagger go on to the minardi web site then got to "Team" then "car" then "engin description". it tells you there that thay are runnying the CR-3 that has been made to last 800km.

I see your point webber, i was on the understanding that they were running the CR-6 engine this year.I will ask a few questions as i was sure they have been supplied some CR-6 engines and if i hear anything different will let you know. :roll:

I don’t see why the big-teams would object to a more competitive midfield. Midfield teams don’t challenge the leaders and it takes a long time to develop a team from being the back of the grid anyway. I doubt that they would like budget costs to pay for the process though!

I see your point webber, i was on the understanding that they were running the CR-6 engine this year.I will ask a few questions as i was sure they have been supplied some CR-6 engines and if i hear anything different will let you know. :roll:

ford (as itis know her in Australia) ask Minardi if thay wonted the CR-6 but SP said not because he chould not afford them and he said that the CR3L (CR-3 L-longdistance) whould last longer.but as it came to be in OZ Bruni's engine was misfiaring and Zolts had some softwere trouble in the Engine