Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Null

Bye Bye Mclaren!!!

Is what I hope to be saying on Thursday hahaha I bet you all looked expecting early news.

McLaren have been bad to me. I don't like them. I hope Alonso leaves and goes somewhere where cheats aren't welcome. Then I hope Rosberg joins Hamilton and trounces him. Which is what I, many F1 people, and Frank Williams believe.

Bye

Bye

Mclaren :)

Can someone give me a quick summary of what has happened with McLaren as i havent been using the computer much for the past few weeks.

Yes - absolutely nothing since the last hearing

Oh, ok then. Supposedly, Ferrari have new evidence. Supposedly, there is meant to be some 'evidence' in an email sent between McLaren drivers, the drivers are supposedly meant to be Alonso and De La Rosa. Have you noticed all the 'supposedlys' so far?

The FIA have said that they will not penalise any McLaren driver who gives them information and the driver will retain his super-licence. I take that to mean that the FIA have not got any more information/evidence, but they are trying to make somebody's arse clench and give them some information/evidence.

Bye

Bye

Mclaren :)

.....Welcome Prodrive

Seriously, Mclaren should stay. Wouldn't miss ferrari though :lol::lol:

Yeah, in all seriousness, McLaren should stay, however, SOMETHING should be done. I know penalising the drivers may not seem fair if they had no clue, but how can their points stay when without the information, they may have not got the points? It's a very tricky situation and I don't expect the FIA to dish out a harsh enough penalty which will equate to how much this, if it has been used on the cars, has distorted the championship.

Ahhh, the wonderful Prodrive, I'm excited about them! Who will be driving for them do you reckon? I'm hoping Timo Glock and Nelson Piquet Jr, although Fisi may go there if he's not resigned to Renault and NPJr will go to Renault.

I wouldn't be suprised if Alonso went, he's been rumoured to be leaving McLaren for a while, although speculation and truth are completley different

I wouldn't be suprised if Alonso went, he's been rumoured to be leaving McLaren for a while, although speculation and truth are completley different

Rumours have Alonso going to almost any F1 Team, and even joining High School Musical.

I've said this before but, hey, posting is free so I'll say this again: IF he leaves McLaren, it won't be because he can't beat his teammate, because he needs more money, or because he wants a winning car.

He has enough money (he doesn't seem too greedy, no matter what Bman says :P ), LH is not the first teammate to give him a run for his money (the first times with Trulli were like this, too), and he has proven he can win in a barely dominant 2005 Renault, in an even less dominant 2006 Renault, and in a 2007 surprisingly winning McLaren, whether he influenced these cars to become winners or not (I'd say he did)

He would be a worthy addition to any team. He could help any team improve. But he does not need that.

His problem is his personality. He is too suspicious, too paranoid, too devoid of affection. He needs to feel cared. So going to a promising team would not change anything for him. BMW? With Dr.Mario? I'd rather stay with Ron. Prodrive? Nope.

To get the peace of mind he is looking for he could only go to Renault, or a more relaxed team like RBR.

Rumours have Alonso going to almost any F1 Team, and even joining High School Musical.

I've said this before but, hey, posting is free so I'll say this again: IF he leaves McLaren, it won't be because he can't beat his teammate, because he needs more money, or because he wants a winning car.

He has enough money (he doesn't seem too greedy, no matter what Bman says :P ), LH is not the first teammate to give him a run for his money (the first times with Trulli were like this, too), and he has proven he can win in a barely dominant 2005 Renault, in an even less dominant 2006 Renault, and in a 2007 surprisingly winning McLaren, whether he influenced these cars to become winners or not (I'd say he did)

He would be a worthy addition to any team. He could help any team improve. But he does not need that.

His problem is his personality. He is too suspicious, too paranoid, too devoid of affection. He needs to feel cared. So going to a promising team would not change anything for him. BMW? With Dr.Mario? I'd rather stay with Ron. Prodrive? Nope.

To get the peace of mind he is looking for he could only go to Renault, or a more relaxed team like RBR.

Very True...Prodrive only if Mclaren get screwed up tommorrow, otherwise Reno is the best choice, he knows the staff....

...otherwise Reno is the best choice, he knows the staff....

:prayhands:

Very well said

:thbup:

Bye Bye F1 more like it...

Nobody is going to watch F1 if they know Ferrari is going to win. I dont have anything against Ferrari but I think even Ferrari fans would agree with me, there is no fun winning when there is no challenge. And I know for sure Michael Schumacher would never enjoy that, he loves the challenge. It is like Inter winning Serie A when Juventus got relegated for match fixing. It is fair, true, cause the team that cheats gets punished. Yet it is still a tasteless victory.

Punish Mclaren with heavy fines, deduct points, but throwing them out of next season's championship? That is F1 shooting its own foot.

Agreed. But in seasons such as 2002 and 2004 it seemed more like it where ferrari an schumi ran away with the champioship. It was decided as early as in magny course.

Referring to juventus scandel, this spy scandel is almost the same. Juventes paid the penalty and got relegated handing inter an easy win. All this tells is that cheating is not accepted and the cheaters get punished

I think most people know that Alonso's reasons for going will be because of his relationship with the team, he's definatley not lacking in talent.

I have to say, I do only see race exclusion as the only viable option for the FIA to take in order to punish the entire team. Don't take points away, don't fine them (this does nothing, with the team's disposable income, it's like fining them pennies) just exclude them from a certain number of races. Considering Honda a few seasons ago, they were excluded from two races for a much lesser breach of the rules - an underweight car I seem to remember. So I'd say a definate two race exclusion. However, I don't think they should be excluded from next season. A mid ground should be reached and, although it may seem unpopular, excluding them from the rest of the season, maybe with some constructors points deducted would seem a fair punishment for a breach this serious.

Considering Honda a few seasons ago, they were excluded from two races for a much lesser breach of the rules - an underweight car I seem to remember...

They used fuel as ballast in a second and hidden fuel container, and it was used against rules, in this case, we dont even know if Mclaren used Ferrari info into the car, and I think will be hard to prove that.

I can say that Alonso used info from Renault (nothing as technical as the engineering capacity of Fernando) and was used in the design of the rear wing of this year

But thing is though, if you were deducting points, you would HAVE to erase some driver points, as they would have benefitted from an illegal car, whether they knew about it or not, it's still not fair for Ferrari and indeed every single other team, especially BMW, who could have benefitted and even got some podiums, therefore more money, had the McLaren drivers not have been in a Ferrari effectivley.

This is presuming the allegations are true.