Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

0.5 Seconds A Lap

MP4-22 could have gained half a second thanks to Ferrari data says Brawn

Information has just come to our attention that McLaren, who are currently in front of the world motorsport council in Paris, have been hit with some very incriminating evidence that suggests the MP4-22 has gained half a second a lap thanks to the stolen Ferrari data that is at the centre of the

Information has just come to our attention that McLaren, who are currently in front of the world motorsport council in Paris, have been hit with some very incriminating evidence that suggests the MP4-22 has gained half a second a lap thanks to the stolen Ferrari data that is at the centre of the

Information has just come to our attention that McLaren, who are currently in front of the world motorsport council in Paris, have been hit with some very incriminating evidence that suggests the MP4-22 has gained half a second a lap thanks to the stolen Ferrari data that is at the centre of the 'spy affair'.

According to our sources, the FIA has scoured the 160 page file, the latest evidence in this affair, with a fine tooth and discovered certain revelations. There are approximately thirty e-mail exchanges between Alonso, de la Rosa and Paddy Lowe (director of engineering at McLaren), and they all contain confidential classified information from Ferrari. It is said that Lowe would have explored the new technical solutions that came from the information that was obtained by Mike Coughlan via Nigel Stepney. Meanwhile, even though de la Rosa and Alonso were well-informed, it appears that they did not take an active part in cementing the new explorations.

The exchange of electronic communication between the 3 men is also said to reveal that Ferrari's race strategies were known at the beginning of year, in particular for the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.

It was also made available to automoto365.com that any car, for example the MP4-22, using the stolen data from Ferrari could gain approximately half a second a lap, a figure estimated by Ross Brawn (former technical director of the Scuderia), when questioned by the FIA due to his obvious knowledge on the matter, especially his knowledge of the technical and technological solutions that have most recently been used by Ferrari who have conferred with him in his sabbatical year. Hence Brawns attendance at this morning's hearing

CRAP!!!

In saying that it is obvious he suppose that his ****ing red car is 0.5s faster than the MP4-22 which I don't think it's the case at all

Judging from where they (Ferrari and Mclaren) were end last year THATS a helluva statement you make there cristiano84

Should be more than that.

During the closing stage in Monza, Hamilton was lapping one second per lap faster than Kimi.

With the assumption supposing that McLaren should always be slower than Ferrari by half a second without the dossier, we should add one more second to Brawn's prediction since McLaren was one second faster.

Therefore, the dossier makes McLaren 1.5 second faster.

Since it can add 1.5 second to a top team, it might add 2 to 5 seconds to bottom teams. In other words, Spyker, Super Aguri and etc can win races by using ONLY (no other effort required) Ferrari dossier although they have scrappy cars. :1st:

Not to mention that McLaren started to go fast already in the winter test by switching from Michelin to Bridgestone with the MP4-21...that's why the 22 is only an evolution

Oh!How stupid I am!Yeah only FIArrari can build winning cars. McLaren, Renault and BMW have knowledge of F.1 engineering, FIArrari have knowledge of Max Mosley!

gees everyone feels as though they have contributed to McLaren improved pace.

First it was Fernando and now Ross, Betya next it would be Schumacher the way its goin.

Gotta feel sorry for all those McLaren Engineers who have created a naturally brillant car and don't get the credit that they deserve...

I will insist today on this just because I'm loving it: who is the whiner now? Alonso? Or the "FIArrarri wants to kill me", "wohoo, we are losing because McLaren spied on us", "they hate Ron Dennis not because his team spied, but because he is handsome and oh so funny", "we will win the championship in the court if needed, we just want to win something, anything" crowd?

Ah...I should light a cigar now, but I don't think my boss would approve that.

christ, BMW have pretty much also been hampered by this spying if it's 0.5 second a lap....

I'm so glad Paffett left McLaren before all of this crap...

Why wouldnt Brawn claim this?

He is there golden boy, he is Ferrari and helped schumi to get them WDC's, its not a shocker to see such a comment from him.

What makes me laugh, is that if McLaren did get an advantage using Ferrari's designs then the shocker is that they have used them a lot better then Ferrari...

Brawn isnt as close to Ferrari as some may think... It looks pretty certain he wont be returning to them unless Todt steps down! Brawn was there for MS, not for Ferrari, hence his sabbatical this year!

Judging from where they (Ferrari and Mclaren) were end last year THATS a helluva statement you make there cristiano84

You are forgeting where Mclaren were during 2004, and they made a stunning comeback to 2nd in wdc and wcc in 2005, they could have won both if only the reliability was good enough.