Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Mclaren Fined $100million.........

And so, another nail in the coffin of justice ...

The Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team has lost its points in the Constructors' World Championship for 2007 with a fine of $100m, but the team will get the money that has been earned this year from TV and prize money. The points in the Drivers' World Championship will remain as they are.

The World Council listened to a number of witnesses including Ron Dennis, Paddy Lowe, Jonathan Neale and Pedro de la Rosa.

McLaren have been stripped of their points in the 2007 Formula One constructors championship after the outcome of the 'spygate' row.

The team was also hit with a record $100m (

BBC are saying this but it's not official.

If it it, it's not enough in my opinion - harsh as it may be but I expected the drivers to suffer something, be it race bans or points deductions. It's not enough to say, yes, the car had been developed to incorporate ferrari ideas but it doesn't matter about the people who used the car because they didn't do anything wrong - TRUE, they may not have, however, this is overlooking the fact that they used the bad cars and thus, their points mean NOTHING effectivley, as we don't know how using the ferrari information impacted on the cars - for all we know the McLaren could have been with the Renaults, had the secrets not have been used.

Unfair for every other team in F1 in my opinion.

Who else? Those B******s at the FIA.

I see....

Report is from the BBC but again..it is still an unofficial report.

im happy with the result...

Mclaren will win the WDC and the whole world knows they won the WCC too.

Contrary to earlier reports, McLaren have not been excluded from the 2007 and 2008 championship, although the team has been penalised heavily by the World Motor Sport Council in the Stepney Spy Saga hearing today. It has now been confirmed that the team will lose all their constructors' championship points, as well as being fined a massive $100m. It has also been revealed that McLaren's 2008 car will undergo detailed scrutineering prior to the season opener.

However, the news welcomed by all is that McLaren's two driver Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton will now continue to contest the 2007 drivers' championship, with the pair in pole position to challenge until the last race of the season in Brazil.

im happy with the result...

...and the whole world knows they won the WCC too.

yeah cheating... proudly.

No, FERRARI will win the WDC and FERRARI will win the WCC.

Why??

BECAUSE ALONSO AND HAMILTON ARE PRETTY MUCH BLOODY IN ONE.

A better outcome than what might have been, for example a race ban, at least drivers championship not affected. $100m is pocket change for Mclaren so at least they are not ruined financially, although their corporate image may well find itself in tatters - then again the way the FIA have gone about this, perhaps some will feel sympathy for them.

Still, it makes little sense how you can punish Mclaren, but not their drivers. After all, they are the ones who exploited this illegal car to gain the advantage they have, of course it is not their fault, but they wouldn't be where they are now in the championship without the data. When Alonso/Hamilton wins the title, they will have done so in a (in the FIA's eyes) illegal car - how can that make any sense at all?

BTW I am actually glad the drivers haven't been punished but it seems strange to me...

EDIT: Typo

It has also been revealed that McLaren's 2008 car will undergo detailed scrutineering prior to the season opener.

..........by a Ferrari engineers

FORMULA ONE IS A TEAM SPORT, THE ENTIRE TEAM SHOULD BE PUNISHED.

FIA - F*****G WASTE OF TIME.

I don't understand that they didn't get at least some punishment even if it was some points.

They benefited as much as the rest of the team- people will never remember either one as a champion because the team got into trouble over this ?????

So how can the rest of the championship not be a farce?

A better outcome than what might have been, for example a race ban, at least drivers championship not affected. $100m is pocket change for Mclaren so at least they are no ruined financially, although their corporate image may well find itself in tatters - then again the way the FIA have gone about this, perhaps some will feel sympathy for them.

Still, it makes little sense how you can punish Mclaren, but not their drivers. After all, they are the ones who exploited this illegal car to gain the advantage they have, of course it is not their fault, but they wouldn't be where they are now in the championship without the data. When Alonso/Hamilton wins the title, they will have done so in a (in the FIA's eyes) illegal car - how can that make any sense at all?

BTW I am actually glad the drivers haven't been punished but it seems strange to me...

McLaren loses 2007 Constructors' points and gets $100m fine

The Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team has lost its points in the Constructors' World Championship for 2007 with a fine of $100m, but the team will get the money that has been earned this year from TV and prize money. The points in the Drivers' World Championship will remain as they are.

The World Council listened to a number of witnesses including Ron Dennis, TPaddy Lowe, Jonathan Neale and Pedro de la Rosa.

The key point, however, is that the team has not been excluded from the championship, a subtle but important difference when it comes to contractual

The ruling is bizarre in that the Drivers Championship will remain unchanged and there might be accusations that the McLaren drivers gained from

www.grandprix.com

It makes no sense at all rainmaster, none at all. Bernie, Max and their chums are a utter waste of time when they try and make decisions

I don't understand that they didn't get at least some punishment even if it was some points.

They benefited as much as the rest of the team- people will never remember either one as a champion because the team got into trouble over this ?????

So how can the rest of the championship not be a farce?

I doubt that Kimi or Massa wants the title knowing that they are/were slower than both mclarens

Well course the drivers gained from it!!!!! Christ, it's serious enough for a record fine and stripping of constructors points, but not serious enough to make the WDC fair????? My GOD.

The ruling is bizarre in that the Drivers Championship will remain unchanged and there might be accusations that the McLaren drivers gained from

www.grandprix.com

This is very strange indeed - how could either one then be happy (if they win the WDC) knowing that the team was punished for cheating in the very car that they are driving??

Strange , bizarre but true???

I doubt that Kimi or Massa wants the title knowing that they are/were slower than both mclarens

omg FERRARI, not McLaren, how many times must I tell you that FA and LH are in FERRARIS. MCLAREN = CHEATS. This is worse than Ferrari ever did.