Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Mclaren Fined $100million.........

This is very strange indeed - how could either one then be happy (if they win the WDC) knowing that the team was punished for cheating in the very car that they are driving??

Strange , bizarre but true???

we don't know yet how strong the evidence are. This punishment is more to satisfy a##holes named Jean Todt and Mad Max.

I doubt that Kimi or Massa wants the title knowing that they are/were slower than both mclarens

No thanks to them having access to Ferrari Data that they shouldn't have and improving the car with that knowledge.? :nono1::nono1::nono1:

BTW I am actually glad the drivers haven't been punished but it seems strange to me...

the drivers have actually been punished,becase i doubt if mclaren will keep pushing to develop this year's car...but thank god they have a safe distance from the ferraris but you never know...a mechanical failure or something and everything will be even!

MCLAREN = CHEATS. This is worse than Ferrari ever did.

Well..Shumacher knew the word "cheat" heavily ahhh.

we don't know yet how strong the evidence are. This punishment is more to satisfy a##holes named Jean Todt and Mad Max.

Strong enough to punish them it would seem, by deducting points and taking away money??

According to rumours Ron Dennis emerged innocent from the evidence...the responsible seems to be Paddy Lowe who allowed Coughlan to try out FIArrari's setup...if that's confirmed shame on FIArrari again

Many of you people are confused!2-3 posters with common sense are not enough obviously!

ok so

-- Ferrari makes fast car (2007)

-- The Ferrari car's drawings end up in the Paragon.

-- Investigations say mclaren used them

--This allowed FA and LH to lead the WDC and Mclaren the WCC

-- Punishment

Strong enough to punish them it would seem, by deducting points and taking away money??

perhaps..but still, JT&MM have been on a mission to punish Mclaren no matter what.

Interesting that McLaren possessed the documents but no evidence that any of the ideas were incorporated into their car. Other teams have previously contained illegal software but there was no penalty since it couldn't be proven the illegal software had been used. Anyone else confused by this? And speaking of illegal cars, will Ferrari likewise be banned from the constructors championsship for running illegal cars in the first 2 rounds of the championship this year?

Interesting that McLaren possessed the documents but no evidence that any of the ideas were incorporated into their car. Other teams have previously contained illegal software but there was no penalty since it couldn't be proven the illegal software had been used. Anyone else confused by this? And speaking of illegal cars, will Ferrari likewise be banned from the constructors championsship for running illegal cars in the first 2 rounds of the championship this year?

NO....u cant punish ferrari...they're F1 saints. all good guys.

Welcome to the forum in this "hot" moment...

yeah...I agree...at least they should erase the points Ferrari won in those races...

According to rumours Ron Dennis emerged innocent from the evidence...the responsible seems to be Paddy Lowe who allowed Coughlan to try out FIArrari's setup...if that's confirmed shame on FIArrari again

Shame on FERRARI because the whole Mclaren team was using their hard work?

Get off those pills!They are baaddddd for you!!

That is just ridiculous.

One man on team BLATANTLY cheats = Grid penalty (M. Schumacher; Monaco)

(Possibly) four men (possibly) cheat = $100 million (McLaren)

Both instances unfairly disadvantage the other team. Wouldn't you think Ferrari would have to fork over $25 million? Something does not compute.

Ferrari is a friggin mob, if not an outright political force in Italy and abroad. FIA is a tragically flawed organization with no concept of reality. This has gone too far.

I do agree...

Strange that drivers can still compete for the title in a vehicle that is not allowed to win constructors title.

Still....

I'd like to know what evidence was presented today before I pass judgement on the decision.

the drivers have actually been punished,becase i doubt if mclaren will keep pushing to develop this year's car...but thank god they have a safe distance from the ferraris but you never know...a mechanical failure or something and everything will be even!

That's a good point, hopefully Mclaren will keep pushing. Thinking about it, no matter who wins the championship out of top four - it will not feel like a deserved one.

Sky News phone in with Sir Stirling Moss and he wasn't at all impressed...

That is just ridiculous.

One man on team BLATANTLY cheats = Grid penalty (M. Schumacher; Monaco)

(Possibly) four men (possibly) cheat = $100 million (McLaren)

Both instances unfairly disadvantage the other team. Wouldn't you think Ferrari would have to fork over $25 million? Something does not compute.

Ferrari is a friggin mob, if not an outright political force in Italy and abroad. FIA is a tragically flawed organization with no concept of reality. This has gone too far.

Where do you guys come from?

Have you been living in a sterilized bubble??

I do agree...

Strange that drivers can still compete for the title in a vehicle that is not allowed to win constructors title.

Still....

I'd like to know what evidence was presented today before I pass judgement on the decision.

i doubt we'll get the complete picture. Especially from FIA.

I'm not going to talk until I know what's the evidence that changed the punishment.I know you all want to know my opinion but... :D

(btw,40 users reading this topic!)

That's a good point, hopefully Mclaren will keep pushing. Thinking about it, no matter who wins the championship out of top four - it will not feel like a deserved one.

that's true...the title fight has already been spoilt.anyway,i think mclaren will now-unfortunately- focus on 2008 car.

How on EARTH has this punishment gone too far?????? THEY COMMITTED POSSIBLY ONE OF THE WORST "CRIMES" IN THE HISTORY OF FORMULA ONE!

Ok then, Mike Coughlan, Martin Whitmarsh and Paddy Lowe makes three. I included Stepney by mistake. I change my penalty figure for Ferrari to $33.3 million then.

How on EARTH has this punishment gone too far?????? THEY COMMITTED POSSIBLY ONE OF THE WORST "CRIMES" IN THE HISTORY OF FORMULA ONE!

how can u say that if you don't know what evidence were submitted at FIA?

are u speculating?