Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Mclaren Fined $100million.........

Crime? Punishment? Humanity? Morality?

Get off it.

F1 is entertainment at best. I don't see BBC getting it in the rear too much for faking game and reality shows for millions of viewers. If you rely on F1 to provide you with a ethical standards you are in trouble.

Ok then, Mike Coughlan, Martin Whitmarsh and Paddy Lowe makes three. I included Stepney by mistake. I change my penalty figure for Ferrari to $33.3 million then.

:lol:

If it's bad enough to remove all the constructors points and give out a record fine, then I'm sure the evidence is there. If there was none, nothing would have happened. Think about it.

Look at it this way - Honda were excluded from two races because of an underweight car. McLaren lose, what -

You're from america, you can't comment on the phone in scandals. They were all punished and all parties concerned were reimbursed. That's FAIR. This excuse for a punishment is NOT fair for Ferrari, the sport and the fans.

I do agree...

Strange that drivers can still compete for the title in a vehicle that is not allowed to win constructors title.

Still....

I'd like to know what evidence was presented today before I pass judgement on the decision.

It all comes down to ratings. If Alonso and Hamilton were out of competition, rating would drop. This way we can still see a battle royale from both for the title.

I am afraid though, that Mclaren will go fullout supporting Hamilton, and Alonso will suddenly start getting lots of minor details going oooops at infortunate times (tyre pressure at qualies, longer than expected pitstops, etc)....hopefully I am wrong

It all comes down to ratings. If Alonso and Hamilton were out of competition, rating would drop. This way we can still see a battle royale from both for the title.

I think so, too. I'd like to see the evidence. Punishment is fair, except that I would've taken a few of the drivers' points too, not many though.

If it's bad enough to remove all the constructors points and give out a record fine, then I'm sure the evidence is there. If there was none, nothing would have happened. Think about it.

Something did happen, nobody is denying that. But $100 million worth of stuff happening?

McLaren are being used as examples of FIA's resurgence, or just 'surgence', as enforcers of rules that have been broken by most teams for years now. This is a witch hunt. I don't like the idea of McLaren running Ferrari chimeras on track. But $100 million?

One hundred million dollar penalty for cheating in a SPORT EVENT!!!! That is probably more than some poor African counries spend on education. Take their friggin points away, fine. But don't make F1 look like more of a rich man's joke than it already is!!!!

I agree, this is all about ratings - if the punishment was fair and Mclaren were excluded from a few races or the drivers from the championship, ratings would drop, thus costing Bernie and Max lots of money.

They know it's not fair. All they're interested in is themselves.

Yeah I didn't want them to be fined because I think it's pointless! Points deductions hurt much more, that's why something should have happened about the drivers...

I TELL YA WHAT I THINK OF THIS Sh#t....

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. Sh#t.

A $500,000,000 per year organization gets find 1/5 of that. Boo hoo.

And who ****ing gives a ****ing damn about the ****ing WCC?

The drivers used these cars to score the points, and technically the drivers score the WCC points as the WCC points are the WDC points combined.

If they're ****ing guilty, which they are, give them the fair penalty. TWICE now have the FIA ****ed up this.

Let's exclude the FIA from the Turd Championship in 2007-2008.

Ferrari/ FIA/MAD MAX/ J TOAD sorry TODT are all cheats, want more details pm me.

I wouldn't PM you even if you were Giselle!

Get you facts right before editing your sigs.

Der Kaiser the only sensible in here!The Mclaren boys are flippin out when they should have gotten more than that.Why the heck do you watch F1?The contest among teams to built the best car is not a important to you?They had the whole car!Think about it!And that Mclaren was the only former Michelin car to be so well suited to the Bridgestones, wasn't it :naughty: ??

to be honest, this is win win for the FIA! They fine McLaren so they get an extra $100m, they keep the drivers in the championship to get $$$$$$$$$$$$ in ratings, they cause a big fuss over a pathetic punishment, $$$$$$$

Basically, FIA now = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McLaren can't have benefited from any Ferrari info. Fernando said it was him that brought the times to the team :P

Well, I'll go with shampion too - let's hear what came out before we get all hysterical.

to be honest, this is win win for the FIA! They fine McLaren so they get an extra $100m, they keep the drivers in the championship to get $$$$$$ in ratings, they cause a big fuss over a pathetic punishment, $$$$

Basically, FIA now = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

Well, I'll go with shampion too - let's hear what came out before we get all hysterical.

NO NO NO I WANNA RANT!!! :P

Basically, FIA now = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now?...they have ALWAYS been $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CUNZPEERAZY ELIRT:

Had this happened last year when McLaren werent' winning, they would've received the 2-year ban as the WDC/WCC battle was exciting without them.

END CUNZPEERAZY HEER.

F1 is entertainment at best. I don't see BBC getting it in the rear too much for faking game and reality shows for millions of viewers. If you rely on F1 to provide you with a ethical standards you are in trouble.

Agree.

More details: If a Mac driver wins any of the remaining races, a Mac representative won't be allowed on podium. Reason for drivers not being punished is immunity granted by FIA if info given by them, so the informaion that got Mclaren done came from a Mclaren driver.

Until we know all the evidence (which we prob never will), we don't know if the extent of the punishment is correct or not. The fine seems almost needless (I was about to put pointless there), why bother with it? What difference does it actually make? Mclaren lose all points, isn't that enough? Does anyone know exactly what Mclaren have been punished for? Like I said we will have to wait for more details.

I find myself feeling sorry for Ron Dennis - this is not a good sign.

More info here - Autosport

McLaren can't have benefited from any Ferrari info. Fernando said it was him that brought the times to the team :P

that's the only certain thing written in this thread! :P

I TELL YA WHAT I THINK OF THIS Sh#t....

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. Sh#t.

A $500,000,000 per year organization gets find 1/5 of that. Boo hoo.

And who ****ing gives a ****ing damn about the ****ing WCC?

The drivers used these cars to score the points, and technically the drivers score the WCC points as the WCC points are the WDC points combined.

If they're ****ing guilty, which they are, give them the fair penalty. TWICE now have the FIA ****ed up this.

Let's exclude the FIA from the Turd Championship in 2007-2008.

Let someone take 1/5 of your income buddy and watch your diet quickly turn to Ramen noodles and Wonder Bread. Unsliced.

McLaren shamed themselves by being connected with this. I've always thought of them as above the rest.

Ferrari has always been that kid in school who sits up front, raises his hand first and buys apples for the teacher. McLaren was always the quiet kids with highest IQ. Sad to see them drop this low.

BBC are saying this but it's not official.

If it it, it's not enough in my opinion - harsh as it may be but I expected the drivers to suffer something, be it race bans or points deductions. It's not enough to say, yes, the car had been developed to incorporate ferrari ideas but it doesn't matter about the people who used the car because they didn't do anything wrong - TRUE, they may not have, however, this is overlooking the fact that they used the bad cars and thus, their points mean NOTHING effectivley, as we don't know how using the ferrari information impacted on the cars - for all we know the McLaren could have been with the Renaults, had the secrets not have been used.

Unfair for every other team in F1 in my opinion.

Interesting thread! I always said McLaren have to be punished as a team, even if only one person does something against the rules and even if the team doesn't benefit in any way from that breach of the rules. People always wax lyrical about how it's a team sport and how wonderful that is, then object to teams being treated and judged as teams!

Personally however I'm not sure the "team sport" argument works so well regarding the WDC. I mean, true FA and LH might well have benefitted in some way from the Ferrari data, but then they always had an "unfair" advantage over other drivers from being at McLaren (as opposed to Super Aguri, say) anyway. It all depends on how you see the WDC.

If you see it as a contest primarily between teams, who aim to get one of their drivers as many points as possible, then you have to treat the drivers as team members in the WDC. Personally I (and imho most other people) would rather see the WDC as independent of the teams, but this renders the whole thing meaningless, in practice. This is probably what has caused the inconsistency that you see, Antonia. They've left the drivers' points intact because most people see, or want to see, the drivers' battle as independent of the teams.