Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Mclaren Fined $100million.........

FIA Statement

An extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council was held in Paris on 13 September, 2007. The following decision was taken:

The WMSC has stripped Vodafone McLaren Mercedes of all constructor points in the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championship and the team can score no points for the remainder of the season.*

Furthermore, the team will pay a fine equal to $100m, less the FOM income lost as a result of the points deduction.

However, due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the teams drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regard to drivers points.**

The WMSC will receive a full technical report on the 2008 McLaren car and will take a decision at its December 2007 meeting as to what sanction, if any, will be imposed on the team for the 2008 season.

The full reasons for this decision will be issued on 14th September 2007.

*Points gained by other teams so far this season will not be affected.

**No McLaren representative will be allowed on the podium should a McLaren driver win in any of the remaining races of the 2007 season.

The WMSC will receive a full technical report on the 2008 McLaren car and will take a decision at its December 2007 meeting as to what sanction, if any, will be imposed on the team for the 2008 season.

so it is still unknown if the team will get punished in 2008 as well!great!

Ferrari has always been that kid in school who sits up front, raises his hand first and buys apples for the teacher. McLaren was always the quiet kids with highest IQ. Sad to see them drop this low.

Not really relevant but Red Bull are like the smart kid who spends way too much time partying and getting drunk and as a result only gets average grades :D

Let someone take 1/5 of your income buddy and watch your diet quickly turn to Ramen noodles and Wonder Bread. Unsliced.

Actually, I won't comment on how much I make, but I'd be doing just fine on 4/5 of my income, thanks much.

And when you can spend $500mil a year, it's all relative, $100mil is not that much money to ask for, they'll easily make it all back.

'Ferrari Satisfied Truth in F1 Spy Scandal Has Now Emerged'

Ferrari acknowledges the decision of the FIA to sanction Vodafone McLaren Mercedes for its breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

In light of new evidence, facts and behaviour of an extremely serious nature and grossly prejudicial to the interest of the sport have been further demonstrated.

Ferrari is satisfied that the truth has now emerged. :rolleyes:

I think it would be ridiculous if Mclaren get punished in 2008 as well, how can Ferrari be happy with themselves, I see Jean Todt on tv smiling and I feel almost ashamed to be an F1 fan...

Ferrari have taken their war against Mclaren too far...

Not really relevant but Red Bull are like the smart kid who spends way too much time partying and getting drunk and as a result only gets average grades :D

True, true. Super Aguri is the exchange student and Honda is the girl who got knocked up.

Ah, I'm sending "e-face punches" to all McLaren detractors. How fun was Indianapolis when only Ferrari, Minardi and some other team (sorry) ran the race? That's what would happen if some wishes expressed in this forum came true.

If it's bad enough to remove all the constructors points and give out a record fine, then I'm sure the evidence is there. If there was none, nothing would have happened. Think about it.

no u are horribly wrong. the evidence only applies if its against mclaren. otherwise it doesnt matter. the evidence against the toyota employees were overwhelming (2 of them were imprisoned) and nothing was done to sanction the team. so as u can see, the fia sets double standards, cheating is fine as long as u are not a part of the mclaren team. if u are part of mclaren, ridiculous penalties will be applied for breaking rules that were broken by other teams before.

Actually, I won't comment on how much I make, but I'd be doing just fine on 4/5 of my income, thanks much.

And when you can spend $500mil a year, it's all relative, $100mil is not that much money to ask for, they'll easily make it all back.

Nice. Re-read your comments in five years and try not to punch yourself in the face then.

Ah, I'm sending "e-face punches" to all McLaren detractors. How fun was Indianapolis when only Ferrari, Minardi and some other team (sorry) ran the race? That's what would happen if some wishes expressed in this forum came true.

Actually, losing 2 cars is more than losing 14. And it's quite obvious Fernando and Lewis would go elsewhere, i.e. Prodrive-Mercedes.

If McLaren cheated, and due to this penalty it was proven they did, the drivers were driving illegal cars, and as has been concluded many times, car is a huge part of it, so therefore the WDC points are not fair.

I am a Fernando Alonso fan, but I would like his WDC total at 0 right now, but him and Lewis to both be allowed to finish the seasona nd 2008 in different cars and score points in them.

Nice. Re-read your comments in five years and try not to punch yourself in the face then.

Okay buddy. Whatever you say. I'm sorry, but I'm as mature as I'm gunna get, so deal with it. I'm ****ing 24, not 12.

I'm sorry for people who aren't in a position to give up 1/5 of their income..but McLaren isn't one of those companies. The fine is meaningless and just helps the FIA, who don't need or deserve the money.

I think it would be ridiculous if Mclaren get punished in 2008 as well, how can Ferrari be happy with themselves, I see Jean Todt on tv smiling and I feel almost ashamed to be an F1 fan...

Ferrari have taken their war against Mclaren too far...

yup,you're right.i think the existance of the constructors' title now is just meaningless...it just gets on my nerves that ferrari will win this championship(and brag about it)in this way...So ridiculous!

Official McLaren Statement:

'We Never Used the Information'

I am intrigued by the part of the FIA statement which mentions that the drivers were granted immunity in exchange for their testamony - we were speculating (wildly to be sure) that FA was kept in Belgium to prevent him from possibly doing any more damage to McLaren. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the pits this weekend.

yup,you're right.i think the existance of the constructors' title now is just meaningless...it just gets on my nerves that ferrari will win this championship(and brag about it)in this way...So ridiculous!

I think you hit the nail on the head angie. What stings me is really not what happened to McLaren (although I'm sticking to my $100 million outrage) but that Ferrari will take this as if they deserved it.

Even if McLaren used ALL the info from Ferrari on their cars and ran them, obviously they USED IT BETTER as illustrated by their WCC points.

let's hear what came out before we get all hysterical.

A wise decision. But I don't think the FIA statement will tell us much, to be honest.

I think exclusion from 2007 was inevitable, but it does highlight the FIAs complete inability to be consistent.

I wonder what Senna, Bajo, Nojvnof1 and other now gone posters would say about this... <_<

by the way wheres Puma???

The punishment isn't enough and it doesn't make sense.

For example: BAR Honda 2005 were found guilty, yes I know - different sets of circumstances, but the drivers took the punishment. They were banned for three races, and a fine - even though it was not the drivers fault.

I am a supporter of both Alonso and Hamilton, and have liked the team since I was small. But McLaren have gotten away with cheating in my opinion. The drivers should have been punished too as the punishment does not make sense.

If one of them does win the WDC, its a shame. A real shame. It might be a WDC, but it wont mean much.

Even if McLaren used ALL the info from Ferrari on their cars and ran them, obviously they USED IT BETTER as illustrated by their WCC points.

That's an interesting point...never thought of it that way...but I can't really argue for or against the verdict of McLaren being guilty without any evidence...

The punishment isn't enough and it doesn't make sense.

For example: BAR Honda 2005 were found guilty, yes I know - different sets of circumstances, but the drivers took the punishment. They were banned for three races, and a fine - even though it was not the drivers fault.

The FIA says about it:

"Due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the teams drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regard to drivers points."

thats it...

I wonder what Senna, Bajo, Nojvnof1 and other now gone posters would say about this... <_<

by the way wheres Puma???

Probably something more interesting than the knee jerk reactions I've seen so far.

As for Mike, I'm sure he'll be along later.

I am intrigued by the part of the FIA statement which mentions that the drivers were granted immunity in exchange for their testamony - we were speculating (wildly to be sure) that FA was kept in Belgium to prevent him from possibly doing any more damage to McLaren. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the pits this weekend.

Straight from Mclaren-

http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren.php

PRESS INFORMATION - STATEMENT FROM RON - 13 March 2007

Paris, France, Thursday 13th September 2007

Yup! I'd love to know.

I dont think there is much more to say on the events portrayed today.

I do have one question for you all though - will you watch the rest of this, and next, years championship in the same light? Whatever the evidence tommorrow the outcome is wrong. Either all mclaren should be banned, or nothing. Im a huge mclaren fan but if they openly cheated all should be banned.

I can say that I will most likely not be watching any more F1 after this travesty of justice, again.