Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Mclaren Fined $100million.........

I'm a little bit surprised by FA & LH. I thought both of them would tank the remaining races so as not to get the tag of a "wdc from a cheating team."

Let's see what happens.

Indeed, I was beginning to wonder where you'd got to LR.

That's because it is a minor point. So you're saying that de la Rosa's email is actually bullsh!t? That there was no info from Coughlan to Pedro relating to Ferrari?

EDIT: It's obvious! Pedro is an undercover Ferrari agent planting incriminating information! Why didn't I see it before?? :dam:

All that I am saying is that there is nothing incriminating in it. It has happened before that engineers have left a team and disclosed certain information, and it will happen again in the future. Never before was anybody sanctioned, nobody ever will again...

The FIA's position would not hold in a court of law because the additional evidence (the emails) relates to events that took place before any serious infraction could have occurred (the photocopying of the file)...

Indeed, I was beginning to wonder where you'd got to LR.

Btw...I see you are a supporter of Marko Asmer...I believe he is a great talent too. Actually there are 2 drivers I'd like to see in F.1 sooner rather than later, Marko Asmer and Alvaro Parente

Btw...I see you are a supporter of Marko Asmer...I believe he is a great talent too. Actually there are 2 drivers I'd like to see in F.1 sooner rather than later, Marko Asmer and Alvaro Parente

Haha! Whatever gave you that idea? :lol: You know my weak spot, all is forgiven, I agree with everything you say. :lol:

Seriously though, I hope Marko goes to GP2 next year, Parente I don't know much about - I will pay a little more attention though from now on.

Here what I would like to Know.....

Why has neither of the main culprits in the so called spy saga been brought to book, the two disgruntled employees Mike Coughlan and Nigel Stepney?

Should Nigel Stepney be treated as a whistler blower, as it was him who give evidence of Ferrari cheating with the flexi floor?

Also when are the FIA and WMSC going to be truly independent of the Motorsport they supposedly govern fairly?

In my view yes the whole saga has been a sorry affair for f1 but once again even though it has been proven time and time again if Ferrari cheat they are given a small and insignificant punishment.... any other team are made an example of i.e. the Honda Fuel Tank saga!!!!

My final thought: There have been two major failings within the sport over the last few years. Number 1. Which idiot convinced Max Mosley to stay on when he had resigned? Number 2. The failure of the GPMA not to ask for Max Mosley resignation, before agreeing to sign the New Concord Agreement. He's an embarrassment to the sport, a power hungry (MAD) dictator.

Why has neither of the main culprits in the so called spy saga been brought to book, the two disgruntled employees Mike Coughlan and Nigel Stepney?

Should Nigel Stepney be treated as a whistler blower, as it was him who give evidence of Ferrari cheating with the flexi floor?

Also when are the FIA and WMSC going to be truly independent of the Motorsport they supposedly govern fairly?

In my view yes the whole saga has been a sorry affair for f1 but once again even though it has been proven time and time again if Ferrari cheat they are given a small and insignificant punishment.... any other team are made an example of i.e. the Honda Fuel Tank saga!!!!

My final thought: There have been two major failings within the sport over the last few years. Number 1. Which idiot convinced Max Mosley to stay on when he had resigned? Number 2. The failure of the GPMA not to ask for Max Mosley resignation, before agreeing to sign the New Concord Agreement. He's an embarrassment to the sport, a power hungry (MAD) dictator.

I agree with parts of your post, I find your username very familiar...

How come your "questions" are in a different font?

They sure look copied and pasted!! :P

FUSchumi right?? :naughty:

So what are peoples opinions! Is it a terrible trick by Ferrari, (sorry, it's FIArrari now :rolleyes: ) ir did McMerc bring it on themselves? That, I will never answer!

So what are peoples opinions! Is it a terrible trick by Ferrari, (sorry, it's FIArrari now :rolleyes: ) ir did McMerc bring it on themselves? That, I will never answer!

There's an old saying - you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. It doesn't matter if it was a trick by Ferrari, if that's what people want to believe, but nobody forced any McLaren employees to use the info.

I guess it's the McLaren lick arses just saying a load of BS saying Ferrari, (Godn damn it FIArarri!) tricked them! They should just join SK in rehab!

FA has said to the spanish media (i have read it in a spanish source at least) that the team hasn't been punished for his e-mails, acoording to him the FIA "must" know something else...

I have to say that i don't like this guy... I have allways said he's the best racer and i still think so but even when sure there's a lot of things we don't know i don't like at all his "obscure" role in this storie.

I have my own theory... Fernando knows a lot more than the e-mails we have seen. That's the only reason why he's still racing and the reason why for the very first time he seems to be so confident that the team is not going to favour Lewis over him. I'd love to know what happened in Hungary... Of course this is probabbly rubbish but there's so many things that make no sense here :naughty:

I'd love to know what happened in Hungary... Of course this is probabbly rubbish but there's so many things that make no sense here :naughty:
:blink::blink::blink: ! erm see ya :eekout:

An you say Lewis wasn't asked a single question? Why did he go to Paris when Alonso hid in a toilet in Spa? :rolleyes:

As already said in the thread Damage Limitation... If Alonso went, he would have made it worse for Mclaren(as Ron confirms that he and ALonso did have a heated arguement)

Lewis IMO just hid the infomation well, like a smart kid

:lolroll: Whoever buys that, deserves the FIA!

Lemme see: Ecclestone says the punishment could have been much worse, but he saved the day. Then he is just exaggerating things to make himself look better.

McLaren says that they will not appeal a 100m fine and losing the WCC (not to mention that they now look like pirates to the rest of the non-McLaren biased world) and I bet the british press will hurry to congratulate for their "gentleman" attitude or some rubbish like that.

This is so ridiculous!

If it were only Coughlan involved, as was first thought, then I don't think that the WMSC would have changed their verdict from the previous hearing. The emails, to my eyes at least, show clear intent by de la Rosa and Alonso to make use of the information provided by Coughlan. That's a different kettle of fish to a lone rogue employee. That's dissemination of a rival's technical information within the McLaren team. Like it or not, McLaren the team are responsible for the conduct of their employees. An engineer I once knew leaked tender information to the rival bidders so that his preferred contractor got the job. He got found out. He was fired. His company was sued for a large sum. They lost. Vicarious liability. That's the way it is.

Coughlan, Alonso and de la Rosa get off free? We'll see. Max gave the drivers immunity in return for information. Isn't that similar to what happens in the US courts? You suggested gardening leave. My earlier post is more to the point. Coughlan certainly ain't getting off free. It so happens that I don't believe that Ron was involved, and I have sympathy for him, as well as respect. As for Lewis, again I posted earlier the reasons I thought he was out of the loop - you pointed out another valid reason. With Lowe and Neale I'm not so sure.

Based on the evidence as presented, I would find McLaren guilty, with much regret. The penalty, on the other hand, is disproportionate and engineered to maintain the illusion of a sporting contest in the final 4 races.

Very good posts Andres and Russ, A pleasure to read them

EDIT: btw, i think it is christano84 = FIArrari.....

Fernando knows a lot more than the e-mails we have seen. That's the only reason why he's still racing and the reason why for the very first time he seems to be so confident that the team is not going to favour Lewis over him.

I wonder why Mike Coughlan was fired so quickly while Fernando Alonso is still working for McLaren... If it was only three disloyal employees who knew about that why did not fired them all?

I have my own theory, McLaren tryed to f*ck Alonso and now Alonso is in position to f*ck McLaren up.

As already said in the thread Damage Limitation... If Alonso went, he would have made it worse for Mclaren(as Ron confirms that he and ALonso did have a heated arguement)

Lewis IMO just hid the infomation well, like a smart kid

Very good posts Andres and Russ, A pleasure to read them

I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of time to lose in creating another username...

I wonder why Mike Coughlan was fired so quickly while Fernando Alonso is still working for McLaren... If it was only three disloyal employees who knew about that why did not fired them all?

I have my own theory, McLaren tryed to f*ck Alonso and now Alonso is in position to f*ck McLaren up.

I'm not very sure about McLaren trying to **** Alonso but i'm almost sure FA is in the possition to **** McLaren and make them treat him fairly? (i don't know if fairly is the word :naughty: ) Anyhow i think that if this is true and Fernando has assumed the role of "bad" of the movie to keep his chances to win the WDC the guy doesn't deserve a lot of respect. I'm deeply dissapointed with him... I'm so dissapointed that now i think that my favorite racer is Kimi :rolleyes:

Haha! Whatever gave you that idea? :lol: You know my weak spot, all is forgiven, I agree with everything you say. :lol:

Seriously though, I hope Marko goes to GP2 next year, Parente I don't know much about - I will pay a little more attention though from now on.

I've followed Asmer since his karting days...the guy tested a Williams-BMW back in 2004 (he was very young) and impressed me for his lap times, given he was coming from F.Ford...I don't know what happened then but I supposed he was going to be given a seat as third driver.

Anyway getting into F.1 is so ****ing hard...I hope Mercedes will get notice of him (he's racing with a Merc engine) so maybe he could test or race for Prodrive

Using the metamorphical resources of F1 (how many of you are actually old enough to remember that thread?), I think you're right...

Of course, the sedimentary and igneous resources of F1 lead me to different conclusions... :wacko:

I'm deeply dissapointed with him...

I am quite disappointed myself... Even more disappointed with McLaren as well. And totally disappointed with the whole F1.

I am quite disappointed myself... Even more disappointed with McLaren as well. And totally disappointed with the whole F1.

Yeah, right... I don't mean i think the old "uncle" Ron is as good as some want us to believe. RD has to be quite sad... his good reputation is gone (JPM has to be really happy)

Not sure what to think of this. Nando and Pedro had some role in it, no? Nando took it too far IF he had a major role and IF his intent was to **** McLaren.

I doubt that was his intent. Yeah, Nando was treated "unfairly" and Pedro "got screwed out of a ride"...but I doubt either of them would hurt McLaren. I think they used the data to help McLaren, not to hurt it. You never cheat thinking you'll get caught. And Nando and Pedro had to think that they could both be banned over this. Therefore, they used the data, but it wasn't to **** McLaren.

However, I can't help but be a little disappointed, as this really shows what F1 is. It's a drama, not a form of motorsport. Advantages are gained by engineers, not drivers. It really echoes everything bad about F1, and everything about why I can't seem to get interested in F1. Industrial espionage implies business, and business is not something I want the main focus to be on.

Okay, enough whining for today, off to The Cafe.