Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Senna To Race At Macau...

It's all in the title really...

Senna to return to F3 for Macau GP

By Charles BradleyThursday, September 13th 2007, 10:19 GMT

Bruno Senna will return to Formula Three for the Macau Grand Prix, 25 years after his uncle Ayrton won the race, this week's Autosport exclusively reveals.

The 24-year-old will race for his former team Double R Racing, who he raced for in British F3 in 2005 and 2006.

"I'm really looking forward to racing at Macau again," said Senna. "It's such a special place, and we should have a good chance."

The Brazilian has been racing in GP2 this year, where he is currently seventh in the standings with one race win to his name.

"It will be tough to go back to F3 after a year of GP2," he said, "and I've only got a day's testing at Pembrey - which isn't exactly ideal."

Team boss Anthony Hieatt added: "I'm very excited about it. We'll try to repeat what happened 25 years ago.

"We will leave no stone unturned, we'll be quick, and I'm looking forward to challenging those supposedly first-rate Euro Series people."

Newly-crowned British F3 champion Marko Asmer has also confirmed that he will go to Macau, where he will race for his regular team, Hitech Racing.

From autosport

Well good luck to him, my money would be on Marko though...(if i was a betting man, which i'm not)