Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

The Innovators...

Who has innovated the most in F1?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts...

• Ferrari
    • Mclaren
    • Williams
    • Renault
    • Brabham
    • Benetton
    • Lotus
    • Cooper
    • Vanwall
    • Mercedes-Benz
    • BRM
    • Tyrell
    • Other

But what about their anhedral front wing? That was soon copied. Or their hideous X wings? Or lead shot in the water tanks? Ok, forget the lead shot in the water tanks, but it did give BAR an idea some years later............

The P34 died because Goodyear weren't prepared to develop the front tyres, as much as anything else.

>

^ It should have been a multiple choice poll with innovation not just from the F1 period.

First Lotus, then Renault, then Mercedes/Benz/MB.

I Voted Brabham.

The FIRST driver in History to be knighted for his services to motor sport.

The ONLY F1 driver to win a world title championship in a car of his own design.

And a bloody great Aussie :-)

He was also the first to race a REAR engined Cooper at Indy!!!

Most of the better teams in F1 have gone through strong periods of development and innovation. I have cast my vote for Lotus, however, because of the body of substantial innovative work throughout the 1960's and 1970's which in turn laid the ground work for a good deal of what we see in contemporary cars. (And also because I'm old and remember this period well.)

Most of the better teams in F1 have gone through strong periods of development and innovation. I have cast my vote for Lotus, however, because of the body of substantial innovative work throughout the 1960's and 1970's which in turn laid the ground work for a good deal of what we see in contemporary cars. (And also because I'm old and remember this period well.)

That´s true: today cars are evolutive sond of what Clin Chapman developed: monocoque + structural engine + in depth aero development.