Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mtp9

More Donuts!

Kimi did some celebratory spinouts after he crossed the flag and before he entered the pitlane. Nice to see that. I have never seen an F1 race in person, so I don't really know how much of that actually goes on. TV coverage, as far as I remember, has not shown that in years. So, is it still very common in F1?

I believe it to be very uncommon, sadly. Bravo to Kimi!

More please.

I can't remember the last burnout I've seen in F1. I can't imagine that the Ferrari engineers would have been please about it but hey it was the engines second race what the heck.

F1 is about putting on a show, I hope more drivers are inspired to celebrate like that!

I'm all for the donuts thing, but what I'm afraid is that won't it reduce the weight? I mean think of Kubica. He got his points docked last year after a race because of some weight loss in the tyres or something like that. I know he didn't do donuts. But I hope doing donuts doesn't burn away more than necessary.

Last time i remember some1 doing like that.......i don't remember.

Close to this was Hill in Adelaide 95 where he was spinning the rear tyres when he won the race...but not in circle.

You are right mtp9, it was refreshing to see something like that. Good job, Kimi! (and this time I mean it!)

He'll get a fine for it. It's against the rules these days. Which means I was doubly happy to see him thumb his nose at the authorities. Now let's get back to carrying flags, and giving your rival a lift on the sidepod. Let's have more exuberant displays. Let's have some soul.

He'll get a fine for it. It's against the rules these days. Which means I was doubly happy to see him thumb his nose at the authorities. Now let's get back to carrying flags, and giving your rival a lift on the sidepod. Let's have more exuberant displays. Let's have some soul.

Dammit. Beat me to to it Monza!

I'm all for the donuts thing, but what I'm afraid is that won't it reduce the weight? I mean think of Kubica. He got his points docked last year after a race because of some weight loss in the tyres or something like that. I know he didn't do donuts. But I hope doing donuts doesn't burn away more than necessary.

That's what I thought, normally they drive around really slowly off-line to pick up extra dirt on the tyres, which adds weight - but then (i think) one of the commentators (Brundle?) said something like 'they have to do that at Spa because it's such a long track)... to explain the donuts.

So perhaps all the teams account for that at Spa by making the cars heavier in the first place?

Still I can't remember that happening at Spa before so maybe my brain is malfunctioning again...

Anyways, well done iceman!

Massa carried the Brazil flag last year after he won the race...

But was quite nice to see the donut especially in a Ferrari...

Contrary to what people usually believe, Kimi is absolutely a fun loving guy. Just that he likes to be more of a clown rather than a comedian. But on track he is capable of making others look like clowns if given the right car. But this year, I have not seen the kind of commitment he showed during 2005.

Kimi may look more home at Redbull! :rolleyes:

Red Bull is not an alcoholic beverage, so I very much doubt so...

:snigger:

Angry CART Fan Response: THAT'S NOT YOUR PLACE KIMI IF YOU AIN'T DOIN THEM AS A SHOW OF RESPECT FOR ALEX ZANARDI, DON'T DO THEM AT ALL.

Normal Human Response: ithinksothatfersurewasverygooddisplayofsometimesnotbeingemotionlessbutfersureyou

havetoasktheteam.

Normal Human Response: ithinksothatfersurewasverygooddisplayofsometimesnotbeingemotionlessbutfersureyou

havetoasktheteam.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Kubica was disqualified after Hungaroring. Team later disclosed that his fire extinguisher was empty by mistake (another one of those engineering "mistakes" that happen on RK's car, but not Rambo Nick's). I mean you really do not want to drive 350km/h with an empty fire extinguisher... :blink:

Kubica was disqualified after Hungaroring. Team later disclosed that his fire extinguisher was empty by mistake (another one of those engineering "mistakes" that happen on RK's car, but not Rambo Nick's). I mean you really do not want to drive 350km/h with an empty fire extinguisher... :blink:

He must have blown his car in practice :naughty: and people forgot to replace it....

Last Doughnut that I can recall was Jean Alesi in the 2001 French Grand prix after the race when he finished 13th!(At the Adelaide Hairpin)

Before that was Jean Alesi in the 2001 Canadian Grand Prix when he finished 5th for Prost Acer than after that he ran into the crowd and gave a fan his helmet then he embraced his Team like he won the Race.(he did the doughnut at the Hairpin where Kubica crashed this season)

Alain Prost and Pedro Diniz were cracking the champine I can recall too

and then the previous Doughnut that I can properly recall was Jean Alesi in the 2000 French Grand prix when he got nurfed by Marc Gene's Minardi.

And before that was the 2000 French Grand Prix when Jean Alesi got a tap from team mate Nick Heidfeld and the team tried to blame Giancarlo Fisichella!

And Jean Spun spun back infront of Ricardo Zonta and Jos Verstappen who did very well to advoid him actually!(both times at the adelaide hairpin)

And before that was Jean Alesi in the 2000 Australian Grand Prix when on Lap 4 Jean Spun on the curb at turn 3 after making his way from pit lane to 17 in a Prost!

GO JEAN YOU STAR!!!!!

Oh here a good one that I just remembered jean was doin. Using the test track at the car manufacturer's South Marston plant as a makeshift circuit, a whole series of rubber-burning stunts and manouvers were put on to demonstrate the power of the Honda V10 engine in both cars - a sought after power plant widely considered as being the lightest and most potent in Formula 1.

To everyone's amazement, however, the driving exhibition was dramatically cut short after Jordan driver Jean Alesi lost control of his car while performing one of his trademark 'doughnuts' (accelerating the car very rapidly while turning cause it to spin and leave smoking tyre marks on the circuit).

Ooops!! Jean Alesi bumps his Jordan into the barrier

Misjudging the distant he allowed himself to spin the car, the former Ferrari driver ended up colliding with a safety barrier and wrecking the back-end of his multi-million pound racing machine!

Unable to continue, the Grand Prix winner limped back to the temporary pits more embarrased than shaken by the incident to be greeted by a less than pleased team boss, Eddie Jordan

i liked kimi's reply in the press conference!

Q: (Dan Knutson - National Speed Sport News) Kimi, we saw you do a bit of a donut spin there coming back into the pits. What happened?

KR: I lost it(laughter)

i've got to admit that this guy is full of surpises...and humor sometimes

i liked kimi's reply in the press conference!

Q: (Dan Knutson - National Speed Sport News) Kimi, we saw you do a bit of a donut spin there coming back into the pits. What happened?

KR: I lost it(laughter)

i've got to admit that this guy is full of surpises...and humor sometimes

very likeable hey angie, definately better as a driver and personality than Alonso... :naughty:

very likeable hey angie, definately better as a driver and personality than Alonso... :naughty:

True. A real winner!!!! Wait...

:mf_tongue: