Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie

Webber's Pass On Kovalainen

I am forgetting! Still though he would be with a top team these days like Mclaren/Ferrari/BMW/Renault but none signed him up, so it seems they (the team bosses) don't rate him that highly - of course he deserves better than Red Bull!

I do think top drivers would beat him though, I think he is on the level of Button...

Now I'm off to hide under a rock from all the Button fans!

He's not on the level of Nick thats for sure -

It was a good move, but it must be put in the context of their respective strategies - Webber was fueled very light for his first stint and Kovy was on a 1 stop strategy - It is thus fair to conclude that the respective differences in weight would have been significant.

Before anyone jumps down my throat Webber is not renowned as a demon overtaker in the mould of the likes of Lewis, Nando & Button - Monaco 2005 is a case in point when he took an age to overtake a struggling Nando only to be shown the way by his team mate Nick heidfield.

That said, it was a very good move.

Lets not forget that Webber is about ten kilos heavier than Kovi.

Yes, I'll say whatever I can in an attempt to direct more cred to the Webb :lol: !

Not many people saw it but Mark also passed Nick in the early stages of the Spa race .

Didn't see Nick pass Mark.....................other than at the pitstop. :eusa_think:

I like Mark where he is - Red Bull are a great, fun team. I just wish they could compete.

Give them more time with their new chassis, things will come together soon enough :prayhands:

When mentioning steering this incident always makes me chuckle (watch the whole thing and you'll see him overtake after)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHCwfVTybec

Dreaded turn 8 ..........pulling 5g for about 7 seconds at a minimum 250 kph.

They're not the only drivers to be punished.

Another nice pass by the way.

In your dreams mate - Webber is a good driver I accept, but he was owned by Nick when they were both at Williams

:mf_tongue:

OWNED hey?! Well while Mark may not be in the same class as Senna, Prost, Schumacher et al, his record over Rosberg at Williams speaks for itself. I don't don't know what you were watching but Mark consistently out-qualified Rosberg and out performed him in the races. Mark got 2 sixth places and 1 eighth place while Rosberg got 2 seventh places. So I'm wondering...when exactly was Rosberg owning Webber during that season. The facts tell a completely different story to your post.

The only thing Rosberg seemed to own of Webber's was a view of the rear of Mark's car.

I would be interested to read how you came to your conclusion. :eusa_think:

:mf_tongue:

OWNED hey?! Well while Mark may not be in the same class as Senna, Prost, Schumacher et al, his record over Rosberg at Williams speaks for itself. I don't don't know what you were watching but Mark consistently out-qualified Rosberg and out performed him in the races. Mark got 2 sixth places and 1 eighth place while Rosberg got 2 seventh places. So I'm wondering...when exactly was Rosberg owning Webber during that season. The facts tell a completely different story to your post.

The only thing Rosberg seemed to own of Webber's was a view of the rear of Mark's car.

I would be interested to read how you came to your conclusion. :eusa_think:

I think Fed-up is talking about Nick Heidfeld not Nico. But I agree Mark has never been "owned" by anyone.

I assume you're talking about NICO Rosberg here and if so .... You're absolutely right!!!

Mark is BETTER than Rosberg. He proved that when they were both in the same car at Williams. Given the same scenario, being in the same car, Webber would again prove to be better in my opinion.

I would LOVE to know what you base your opinions on. Rosberg is clearly a good driver but he was outperformed by Webber at Williams on almost every occasion. Rosberg has the better car this season so he should be doing better than Mark. Half of the time Mark doesn't even get to finish a race due to a poor car so don't it's hard to have good results when you can't even finish a race.

I think Fed-up is talking about Nick Heidfeld not Nico. But I agree Mark has never been "owned" by anyone.

Thanks for correcting me B.P. but even if we are talking about Heidfeld here my post still stands. Mark (36 points) once again finished ahead of his teammate (Heidfeld - 28 points ) in the 2005 season and consistently out-qualified him as well. So I would still like to know where and when Webber was owned by ANY of his teammates and I would like the facts that prove it.

Until then, it's just another example of Webber bashing without any justifiable facts. And quite frankly it's boring and meaningless.

Its gotta be said that webber was is and always will be the more entertaining driver than Heidfeld.

Thanks for correcting me B.P. but even if we are talking about Heidfeld here my post still stands. Mark (36 points) once again finished ahead of his teammate (Heidfeld - 28 points ) in the 2005 season and consistently out-qualified him as well. So I would still like to know where and when Webber was owned by ANY of his teammates and I would like the facts that prove it.

Until then, it's just another example of Webber bashing without any justifiable facts. And quite frankly it's boring and meaningless.

Comparing Webber's Points to Heidfeld's is pointless because Heidfeld missed the last 5 races of 2005 for (that Looser) Pizzonia.

But nevertheness Mark's Showed his was in qualifying in 2005 he was the Best qualifyer in F1 for the first 8 or 9 races until the car's development tailed off.

His racing in 2005 was his worst in formula one I thought, because when he was racing to me he wasn't using his brain sometimes, like at the Nurburgring when he threw away a possible 2nd place

he raced with too much pressure inside his head in 2005 and that computed to the track.

But correct me if I'm wrong but in 100 Grand Prix's Mark has only been out qualifyed 13 times for a Grand Prix I think.

Webber V Yoong=15-0

Webber v Davidson 2-0

Webber v Pizzonia 16-2

Webber v Klien 15 -3

Webber vDC 13 -1

Webber v Heidfeld 7-7

Webber v Wilson 5-0

I may be wrong I think Thats over the top off my Head but its somethin like that.

I remember Webber sayin on RPM in 2005 that Mario theisson asked him if he would like too join BMW for 2006.

But Mark wanted to stay at Williams which only prooves his loyality

I wonder what would have happened if Mark went to BMW?

I wonder if Kubica would have is race seat for 2007?

And I wonder how close Heidfeld and Webber would have been if they were still there?