Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie

Webber's Pass On Kovalainen

How good was Webbers passing move on Kovalainen???

Kovalainen was heavy but regardless it has to be one of the most classy passing moves i have seen in a while!

GO MW!

It was a great move, and I loved the shot on the exit of the corner where Webber came sliding through sideways after the pass! :D

It was a good move, but it must be put in the context of their respective strategies - Webber was fueled very light for his first stint and Kovy was on a 1 stop strategy - It is thus fair to conclude that the respective differences in weight would have been significant.

Before anyone jumps down my throat Webber is not renowned as a demon overtaker in the mould of the likes of Lewis, Nando & Button - Monaco 2005 is a case in point when he took an age to overtake a struggling Nando only to be shown the way by his team mate Nick heidfield.

That said, it was a very good move.

Whatever. You can't handle the fact Mark is better than Lewis and Alonso and Kimi and Felipe. And Mansell. And Senna. etc etc

In your dreams mate - Webber is a good driver I accept, but he was owned by Nick when they were both at Williams

It was a good move, but it must be put in the context of their respective strategies - Webber was fueled very light for his first stint and Kovy was on a 1 stop strategy - It is thus fair to conclude that the respective differences in weight would have been significant.

Before anyone jumps down my throat Webber is not renowned as a demon overtaker in the mould of the likes of Lewis, Nando & Button - Monaco 2005 is a case in point when he took an age to overtake a struggling Nando only to be shown the way by his team mate Nick heidfield.

That said, it was a very good move.

IMHO the situation with nando was caused by the fact nando was embarased by being overtaken by Nick so was far far more defensive towards webber.

Just an interesting note about your comment "Webber is not renowned as a demon overtaker"... i believe this is because Webber almost always qualifies way ahead of where is car should be on the grid... this means he is almost always racing against cars that are fundametally faster over long stints, this does not make it easy to overtake!

Check out this other awsome move by Mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpyiP0Motc

not a mistake, just brilliant demon overtaking....

:nono1:

Mistake! If you note Kimi almost runs into the back of the car in front and therefore loses traction on the exit of the corner. You will also note that he understeers at the apex of the corner as he lifts off.

I saw the mistake immediately but it may not be obvious to some.

It was brilliant.

Especially considering the BMW drivers who have a much faster package took forever and Webber had it done and dusted.

More respect that Webber thanked DC for being a buffer for him. :naughty: Webber's got to be up there with the top overtakers on the grid.

In his career Webber has overtaken these drivers from what I can recall: Firman, Heidfeld, Raikkonen, Heikki, Fisichella, Trulli, Sato, Alonso, Coulthard, Klien, Barrichello, Ralf, Kubica, Liuzzi and Speed.

Webber is a brilliant qualifier meaning he isn't normally out of position which creates less chances to overtake. Couple that with never having a decent car.

It was brilliant.

Especially considering the BMW drivers who have a much faster package took forever and Webber had it done and dusted.

More respect that Webber thanked DC for being a buffer for him. :naughty: Webber's got to be up there with the top overtakers on the grid.

In his career Webber has overtaken these drivers from what I can recall: Firman, Heidfeld, Raikkonen, Heikki, Fisichella, Trulli, Sato, Alonso, Coulthard, Klien, Barrichello, Ralf, Kubica, Liuzzi and Speed.

Webber is a brilliant qualifier meaning he isn't normally out of position which creates less chances to overtake. Couple that with never having a decent car.

:rolleyes:

Even Martin said that was classy stuff by MARK WEBBER!

But Red Bull outdone Renault on stragerty, at least mark wasn't kidding when it came to passin him

It'll rate up there with Sato's Move on Button later on in the race.

Talkin about passes I was disappointed not to see any of Adrian Sutil's passes early in the Race.

he Really gave DC a run for his money!!!

great to see!!!

Even Martin said that was classy stuff by MARK WEBBER!

But Red Bull outdone Renault on stragerty, at least mark wasn't kidding when it came to passin him

It'll rate up there with Sato's Move on Button later on in the race.

Talkin about passes I was disappointed not to see any of Adrian Sutil's passes early in the Race.

he Really gave DC a run for his money!!!

great to see!!!

I would love to see Sutil in a Williams next year! Would be interesting to see if he could keep up with Rosberg??? (assuming Rosberg isnt sold to the highest bidder!)

It was brilliant.

Quite a list, especially considering the cars he's had to drive and his great qualifying, as you mentioned.

I would love to see Sutil in a Williams next year! Would be interesting to see if he could keep up with Rosberg??? (assuming Rosberg isnt sold to the highest bidder!)

Sutil would be brilliant in a Williams, unfortunately Williams would have to buy his contract up as it was either Kolles or Phillips who said he was already signed up for 2008.

It was a great move, yet its disappointing that we have to create a thread in dedication of a pass. We should see that sought of thing week in week out.

But again, great move and a great day for the Aussie in his 100th Grand Prix. Hopefully (knock on wood) better things are to come!

Check out this other awsome move by Mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpyiP0Motc

That looked quite oppertunistic, rather than brave, and I can't really see any big error from Kimi - so a good clean pass!

But then again overtaking ain't everything, if Mark Webber was as good as an Alonso or Kimi then wouldn't a top team of signed him by now? That's the way it usually works...

Webber's Spa pass was indeed excellent, as was Taku Sato's...

Now I'm off to hide under a rock from all the Webber fans!

That looked quite oppertunistic, rather than brave, and I can't really see any big error from Kimi - so a good clean pass!

But then again overtaking ain't everything, if Mark Webber was as good as an Alonso or Kimi then wouldn't a top team of signed him by now? That's the way it usually works...

Webber's Spa pass was indeed excellent, as was Taku Sato's...

Now I'm off to hide under a rock from all the Webber fans!

"wouldn't a top team of signed him by now?"

Are you forgetting that Renault tried to sign him but he chose to go to Williams!

And Williams were still a top team when he signed. They died because of how things got with BMW as Mark joined.

"wouldn't a top team of signed him by now?"

Are you forgetting that Renault tried to sign him but he chose to go to Williams!

I am forgetting! Still though he would be with a top team these days like Mclaren/Ferrari/BMW/Renault but none signed him up, so it seems they (the team bosses) don't rate him that highly - of course he deserves better than Red Bull!

I do think top drivers would beat him though, I think he is on the level of Button...

Now I'm off to hide under a rock from all the Button fans!