Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Who Would You Like To Replace Alonso?

Poll for McLaren fans  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who to replace Alonso, if needed?

• Nico Rosberg (contract buyout)
    • Adrian Sutil (contract buyout)
    • Alexander Wurz (free agent)
    • Ralf Schumacher (free agent)
    • Giancarlo Fisichella (free agent)
    • Pedro De La Rosa (free agent????)
    • Jenson Button (swap with Honda)
    • Heikki Kovalainen (swap with Renault)
    • Robert Kubica (swap with Sauber)

The following quotes posted by dribbler:

Gascoyne is working his magic and Sutil is rising to the occasion, that's all.

;) He has that effect, silly, silly Toyota. Some people are just good at what they do and sometimes you have to drop your ego and let the talent reign supreme.

I have said it many times but i believe Alonso will stay at Mclaren. Why leave? Who wins if he does? There isn't a decent replacement for Fernando on the market and he has no better option himself. Listen to what Ron said to ITV at the weekend; he's a professional. His relationship with Fernando may be sour but i'll bet it isn't half as bad as all the hype mongers are claiming. Ron wants success. Fernando brings success. Ron and Fernando will talk about how they have hurt each other and move on, in my opinion.

Does anyone honestly believe that Fernando would trade a championship winning car for a cosy cuddle with Flavio?

In the past i've pushed for an Alonso to Toyota ( :) ) and now I'm here to discuss who I would like to replace him. However, I to share the same view and don't see him going anywhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually one part of me wants him gone and the other doesn't. Why? I see the making of great rivalry and the true competitive flair and availability to challenge would be far greater if they were in opposing teams. On the other hand both have equality and that presents equal opportunity to exploit your talents amongst one another and that is not a bad thing at all.

I have no idea what that means but i think hiring Bruno would be just for his name and pretty foolish. Almost as foolish as hiring somebody like Michael Schumacher's brother, if he had one.

Excuse me?, what's that you say?

Well actually I agree, hiring Bruno would be foolish at this point in time, but I have a strong feeling there is something there - so 2009 perhaps?

He should no be hired because of his name...

I have said it many times but i believe Alonso will stay at Mclaren. Why leave? Who wins if he does? There isn't a decent replacement for Fernando on the market and he has no better option himself. Listen to what Ron said to ITV at the weekend; he's a professional. His relationship with Fernando may be sour but i'll bet it isn't half as bad as all the hype mongers are claiming. Ron wants success. Fernando brings success. Ron and Fernando will talk about how they have hurt each other and move on, in my opinion.

Does anyone honestly believe that Fernando would trade a championship winning car for a cosy cuddle with Flavio?

Indeed. Alonso will only move to another winning car. People here seem to forget the idea of contracts. Previously (July-Aug. folks- me included- were saying Alonso would move to another team, even if Mclaren did not want to. Now people are saying Alonso will move because Mclaren

Add another vote for Abbas (I believe in ya mate...or do I? Maybe this is my plan to have you killed in a 75g crash?? :P Just kidding old buddy!)

I have no idea what that means but i think hiring Bruno would be just for his name and pretty foolish. Almost as foolish as hiring somebody like Michael Schumacher's brother, if he had one.

Excuse me?, what's that you say?

I meant Brunno Senna is no more than a "nephew of.."

I'm sorry but english isn't my first language! :blush:

Ron, like Frank, has always allowed his drivers to race and has never had a number one. I respect his sentiment. It won't suddenly change now. He would also want someone of high calibre to run alongside Lewis. The Rubens's and DC's are great for fledgling outfits or ones that don't know how to build a car but they have no place in a dynamic front runner like Mclaren. Harsh, but true.

wat are you on about yeah actually of course youre right mika was never undsputed no1 at MM and rubens and DC are stll good drivers honda signed rubens when they actually had half a car ad DCs been gr8 all his carear and still driving well!

Add another vote for Abbas (I believe in ya mate...or do I? Maybe this is my plan to have you killed in a 75g crash?? :P Just kidding old buddy!)

So it was you who was fidling under my car last week? :eusa_think:

I have to agree with you there. Alonso is irreplaceable, but he is definitely a loose cannon and is not a team player - What the team lose in speed they gain in discipline.

True. I reckon get Nico onboard. I can't see Williams providing him with a championship winning car any time soon. We might then see some healthy inter-team rivalry at McLaren without the loss of respect or sportsmanship btween drivers.

I said Adrian, give him experience in a top caliber team, have him partner a former team mate who we know he can get along with and then, after 3 years have him move to Ferrari where he will win 2 or 3 or 4 WDC's and give Ferrari its 20th WCC in that time. But thats just my wishful thinking. :P

Rosberg, Kubica or Sutil. either one of this three. I think the best is Rosberg.

Alonso has brought a lot to Mclaren and obviously is much better than hamilton in the last few races, but as a Mclaren fan, I dont quite like the idea of having a driver who cares more about his personal WDC than the WCC. I recognised Alonso as one of the best if not the best in the current formula one line up. Yet I think it would be better for both parties if he joins another team. Better for him, better for the team.

I reckon I could probably do a pretty good job at McLaren. Lewis might end up getting angry at me though - he won't like being overtaken by a rookie, either.

but as a Mclaren fan, I dont quite like the idea of having a driver who cares more about his personal WDC than the WCC.

You should be pleased. Selfish drivers deliver the goods. Not only that, if he's more concerned about the WDC, the WCC naturally follows.

Voted Nico (based on the choices offered) however if Alonso goes to Renault ... it will probably end up being Heikki Kovalainen.

Rosberg, Kubica or Sutil. either one of this three. I think the best is Rosberg.

Alonso has brought a lot to Mclaren and obviously is much better than hamilton in the last few races, but as a Mclaren fan, I dont quite like the idea of having a driver who cares more about his personal WDC than the WCC. I recognised Alonso as one of the best if not the best in the current formula one line up. Yet I think it would be better for both parties if he joins another team. Better for him, better for the team.

Have to agree. In regard to the drivers mentioned, I too would expect Rosberg. If this seat presents such an opportunity I have no doubt. :lol: I'll be held to that.

Forget my Davidson/Paffett mention earlier :lol:

I agree Steve, McLaren and Fernano will find a working solution to the current problems that they have. Both McLaren and Fernando know that they are better off together than apart.

Fernando knows that he has a car capable of winning Championships with, if he can just hold off Lewis. And McLaren know they have a hard charger who will continue to lead the engineers in the right direction in terms of the teams development.

Definetly Adrian Sutil..............did you see him running in 12th place yesterday chasing down DC........wow.in a spyker!

DC was full of fuel. He did well to keep such a lite Spyker behind him! I reckon he could've made top 10 if the car didn't die on him.

That new Spyker is an improvement though!

You should be pleased. Selfish drivers deliver the goods. Not only that, if he's more concerned about the WDC, the WCC naturally follows.

But nearly taken your own teammate out like in Spa where he pushed Lewis out wide? Nothing wrong with doing that to rivals, but with your own teammate you could risk taking out both drivers. Of course now Mclaren has been disqualified he could do that, but I feel he will do that even if Mclaren is still in the WCC. Dont get me wrong Alonso is a great driver, but seems to think more of himself than the team IMO.