Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Who Would You Like To Replace Alonso?

Poll for McLaren fans  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who to replace Alonso, if needed?

• Nico Rosberg (contract buyout)
    • Adrian Sutil (contract buyout)
    • Alexander Wurz (free agent)
    • Ralf Schumacher (free agent)
    • Giancarlo Fisichella (free agent)
    • Pedro De La Rosa (free agent????)
    • Jenson Button (swap with Honda)
    • Heikki Kovalainen (swap with Renault)
    • Robert Kubica (swap with Sauber)

I think the tyre issue is linked to the chassis flaw (caused by the faulty windtunnel data) they've been dealing with this season and last. Looking at Alonso's driving style in the Renault, he was turning violently in to negate the chassis' inherent understeer. The whole reason for the TMD was to 'gentle' the front for Alonso's turn-ins (my own thoughts on it). That whole set-up was totally against Fisico's smooth, wide entry and no doubt fcuked him up all season long. If the Renault carried that same philosophy into this year, then it's no wonder the current drivers are making such a hash of the season.

I wonder if anyone has noticed Alonso's current driving style? I haven't seen him turn in as violently in the McLaren.

I think the tyre issue is linked to the chassis flaw (caused by the faulty windtunnel data) they've been dealing with this season and last. Looking at Alonso's driving style in the Renault, he was turning violently in to negate the chassis' inherent understeer. The whole reason for the TMD was to 'gentle' the front for Alonso's turn-ins (my own thoughts on it). That whole set-up was totally against Fisico's smooth, wide entry and no doubt fcuked him up all season long. If the Renault carried that same philosophy into this year, then it's no wonder the current drivers are making such a hash of the season.

I wonder if anyone has noticed Alonso's current driving style? I haven't seen him turn in as violently in the McLaren.

I was under the impression that the 07 spec Bridgestone

Sigh...I thought I proved long ago with many different quotes that Fernando wasn't inducing understeer with a violent turn-in. He was inducing oversteer. Kubica himself admitted that this is what he was doing....

I do remember you going into detail to explain this now yes :blush:

Cheers Mike :)

why dosent Frank and Ron swap?

Trade in Wurz in exchange for Fernando?

Ron could use a driver of his experience and Fernando could do very well in a privateer team on the come back.

Lewis could benefit greatly from Wurz's experience and Wurz wouldn't really make much of an Impression in terms of pace and wurz would make a gr8 no2

And Fernando and Rosberg in the same team?

well thats too tasty too consider...

or Alonso and DC swap?

wouldn't that be gr8 we could see the Webber Alonso friendship detoriate infront of our eyes as Webber does another demolishion job of a Team Mate!

The most likely outcome (in case Fernando decides to leave):

1)Mercedes makes a contract with Red Bull to give them engines for 2008 and beyond (remember Haug talking with Horner and Mateschitz at Spa) and to create a 2nd superteam alongside McLaren without having to spend to create it from scratch.

2)Alonso does a swap with either Webber or Coulthard

3)Dennis withdraws his proceedings against Briatore, in exchange for a contract to supply Prodrive (with Briatore's spanish business partner Alejandro Agag buying a share in the team, as written in the press) with full cars instead of supllying engines to Red Bull

4)Having Agag strong ties with Repsol, De La Rosa will be confirmed as driver no.1 for Prodrive-Renault, while Briatore will be able to find a seat for Nelsinho Piquet as promised in the contract signed with the brazilian ace. He won't also have to place Kovalainen elsewhere.

SO:

-Prodrive is happy and receives full cars from Renault and sponsors from Agag and Briatore

-Briatore is happy because he faces no WMSC hearings, finds a seat for Piquet, and gains money from selling cars to Prodrive.

-Mercedes is happy because they don't have to lose Alonso and they have two strong teams to fight for the title without having to spend for Prodrive.

-Dennis is happy because he loses Alonso in exchange for money to pay the FIA fine, he doesn't have to invest in the Prodrive project anymore, he finds a seat for De La Rosa

-Agag is happy because he finally has his big share in a F.1 team

-Alonso is happy without Hamilton

-Red Bull is happy because of works Mercedes engines and Alonso

-Webber is happy driving for McLaren

-Hamilton is happy without Alonso

-Ecclestone is the happiest one, having another team (RBR) now ready to fight at the front and possibily two with Prodrive-Renault, partially owned by his friend Alejandro Agag.

Should I stay or should I go?!?!? :eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:

well well!!!great idea!

i like fernando better in the ferrari overall and nico in the mclaren one!

Haha! Great idea cristiano84! Red suits Alonso quite well I think, Nico at Mclaren would be nice.

I think and hope he'll stay at McLaren.

No "Mr.Bean" option?

Or either this.

I know, and Alonso hates them too, but still he is under contract, a very binding contract, and it is said that Mercedes is (or was) happy with him, and he has 2 sponsors MM and Santander that will likely be not very happy.

Legally it is going to be interesting

M&Ms? :P

Rosberg, Kubica or Sutil. either one of this three. I think the best is Rosberg.

Alonso has brought a lot to Mclaren and obviously is much better than hamilton in the last few races, but as a Mclaren fan, I dont quite like the idea of having a driver who cares more about his personal WDC than the WCC. I recognised Alonso as one of the best if not the best in the current formula one line up. Yet I think it would be better for both parties if he joins another team. Better for him, better for the team.

Then you don't like any driver.

:lol: stay,but please cover Rosberg's hair with a cap or something... :icon2_yuk::D

loving the picture!

I think its either Nico or Heidfeld (in a Alonso - Heidfeld swap).

Looking at Ron's driver signing history he's always gone for a young up and coming driver with about 3 years experience.

E.g.

Alonso - Renualt + Minardi - 4 years (1st in 2006)

Montoya - Williams - 4 years (3rd in 2003)

Kimi - Sauber - 1 year (10th in 2001)

Coulthard - Williams - 2 years (3rd in 1995)

Mika - Lotus - 2 years - (8th in 1992)

Blundell - Tyrelle - 1 year (12th in 1994)

Brundle - Ligier + Benetton + Brabham - 3 years (7th in 1993)

Gerhard Berger - Ferrari + Benetton + Arrows +ATS - 6 years (8th in 1989)

Senna - Lotus - 2 years (3rd in 1987)

and look Nick - 7 years and is 5th (WDC) and Nico - 2 years and is 9th (WDC)!

Exceptions to the rule were:

Hamilton - golden boy

Blundell - turned out to be rubbish

Plus Mercedes must be desperate for a German driver

loving the picture!

I think its either Nico or Heidfeld (in a Alonso - Heidfeld swap).

Looking at Ron's driver signing history he's always gone for a young up and coming driver with about 3 years experience.

E.g.

Alonso - Renualt + Minardi - 4 years (1st in 2006)

Montoya - Williams - 4 years (3rd in 2003)

Kimi - Sauber - 1 year (10th in 2001)

Coulthard - Williams - 2 years (3rd in 1995)

Mika - Lotus - 2 years - (8th in 1992)

Blundell - Tyrelle - 1 year (12th in 1994)

Brundle - Ligier + Benetton + Brabham - 3 years (7th in 1993)

Gerhard Berger - Ferrari + Benetton + Arrows +ATS - 6 years (8th in 1989)

Senna - Lotus - 2 years (3rd in 1987)

and look Nick - 7 years and is 5th (WDC) and Nico - 2 years and is 9th (WDC)!

Exceptions to the rule were:

Hamilton - golden boy

Blundell - turned out to be rubbish

Plus Mercedes must be desperate for a German driver

1)Martin Brundle's F1 debut was back in 1984 with Tyrrell, and when he raced for McLaren he already had 10 years in F.1 behind him and was 35 yrs old!!!!

2)Mark Blundell was 29 yrs old when he was signed by RD and had his debut in 1991 with Brabham, then 1993 in Ligier, 1994 at Tyrrell and in 1995 McLaren...

3)Senna had 4 years under his belt when he signed for McLaren, having had his debut with Toleman back in 1984

4)Not to forget Nigel Mansell, who was 42 years old when he was signed by McLaren (1995) and had his maiden F.1 race back in 1980 with Lotus!

LATEST RUMOURS:

Alonso to Ferrari, Montezemolo puts Todt out of the F.1 team for Brawn, Massa goes to Toyota as their n.1 driver, Ralf Schumacher saves his career by signing a one year deal with McLaren (with salary based on results).

SOURCES: Grandprix.com, Crash.net, La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

So I've made another pic... :lol::lol:

Well,I'm new here and I must say I don't like alonso a bit.. About the topic,I must say,I'd love to see A.Sutil there cuz he is a good driver and I don't want to see him waste his carrer in Spyker(even tho the latest results getin better and new owner from next year).. Ok,i think he would be evvan better if he go some ther,smaller team first,like toyota,then Mclaren(better Ferrari).. N.Rosberg would be good there too,but as I know,he signed for Williams next year.. And better for him.. The 3rd option is Kovalainen,and swap,good for him(i love him) but Alonso coming back to Renaoult(i cheer for them),I wouldn't like that,feel sorry for Fisichella.. Rather see Alonso go from F1,he's flying little to high.

LATEST RUMOURS:

Alonso to Ferrari, Montezemolo puts Todt out of the F.1 team for Brawn, Massa goes to Toyota as their n.1 driver, Ralf Schumacher saves his career by signing a one year deal with McLaren (with salary based on results).

SOURCES: Grandprix.com, Crash.net, La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

So I've made another pic... :lol::lol:

You pictures are very nicely done....

I particularly like Massa and Ralf's facial expressions, Well Done.... :clap3:

Since you stopped talking all that anti Ferrari BS, you have become a much better poster for sure

You pictures are very nicely done....

I particularly like Massa and Ralf's facial expressions, Well Done.... :clap3:

Since you stopped talking all that anti Ferrari BS, you have become a much better poster for sure

I agree, forget all that rubbish and talk about the important things.