Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Alonso To Ferrari

I would say just another rumour Lalindra, I can't see Massa leaving Ferrari, and I can't see Alonso wanting Raikkonen as his team-mate.

I think it would be a bad decision for Alonso to go to Ferrari. I think he will stay at Mclaren or go back to Renault.

I think what it comes down to is this - can you guys ever imagine Kimi or Fernando accepting team orders to drop back if they're winning a race, given the stage of their careers? It just wouldn't happen.

Well, a move by Alonso to Ferrari seems unlikely and would be unfair to Massa (even though I don't quite like the guy).

Still, it would be the best option to both Ferrari AND Alonso. Why? Simple really. For Alonso, it is a place on one of the undisputable top teams. For Ferrari, becuase it blocks Alonso as a competitor. Imagine Renault back on form. Or BMW even closer. Or worse yet, Toyota finally up to par.

And let's be honest, there is a chance that McLaren will go down hill if Alonso leaves. For all the hype, not one top driver will want to sit next to Hamilton and Hamilton needs at least one more season before he can contribute experience. Truly, it is McLaren, again, who seems is dire straits.

Well, a move by Alonso to Ferrari seems unlikely and would be unfair to Massa (even though I don't quite like the guy).

Still, it would be the best option to both Ferrari AND Alonso. Why? Simple really. For Alonso, it is a place on one of the undisputable top teams. For Ferrari, becuase it blocks Alonso as a competitor. Imagine Renault back on form. Or BMW even closer. Or worse yet, Toyota finally up to par.

And let's be honest, there is a chance that McLaren will go down hill if Alonso leaves. For all the hype, not one top driver will want to sit next to Hamilton and Hamilton needs at least one more season before he can contribute experience. Truly, it is McLaren, again, who seems is dire straits.

The problem as I see it is that Alonso will not fit in the atmosphere at Ferrari. Massa and Kimi do. They don't have conflicts there, and you just know Alonso is going to bring his hormones with him. Could you imagine Luca or Todt's response if Alonso claimed the team didn't want him to win, or the other rubbish he's said against his teams over the past few years? He'd be out on his a## driving in a Ferrari powered team, but not the real deal.

Also you give Alonso far too much credit. Even if he did goto Toyota, they would still be where they are now. He's not going to drag them up from the back to the front. He may have skills, but he's also had the good fortune to be in machinery that should be at the front of the grid anyway.

It has been reported in a reliable UK newspaper, the News of the World :ph34r: , that the deal has already been done and will help offset payment of the FIA fine. It is claimed that Nico is also favourite to join Lewis at Mclaren.

No no1 status just a better working environment for Nando and a competitive car.

It has been reported in a reliable UK newspaper, the News of the World :ph34r: , that the deal has already been done and will help offset payment of the FIA fine. It is claimed that Nico is also favourite to join Lewis at Mclaren.

No no1 status just a better working environment for Nando and a competitive car.

and did it say Massa got confirmed at toyota???

Wait,wait,wait.. Is this for real,Shumacher in Mclaren,and Massa in Toyota,are u for serious???? :blink::wacko:

Nah just a crap newspaper posting these stories, much like the contents of the pedro/alonso emails...

Good point

The problem as I see it is that Alonso will not fit in the atmosphere at Ferrari. Massa and Kimi do. They don't have conflicts there, and you just know Alonso is going to bring his hormones with him. Could you imagine Luca or Todt's response if Alonso claimed the team didn't want him to win, or the other rubbish he's said against his teams over the past few years? He'd be out on his a## driving in a Ferrari powered team, but not the real deal.

I don't think "fitting in" will be a problem. Alonso's complaints may not be to your liking but there is merit in them too. For instance, Favio was giving preference to Truly in qualifing in order to sell him better. Heck, even today Trully is thought of

Really? Are you serious? Wuts the name of the newspaper

I don't think "fitting in" will be a problem. Alonso's complaints may not be to your liking but there is merit in them too. For instance, Favio was giving preference to Truly in qualifing in order to sell him better. Heck, even today Trully is thought of by some as a "one lap expert". And Fishi didn't/couldn't back him up when Alonso almost had the championship. Plus, RD has made a mess of things since Monaco (who wouldn't be put off if you win and your boss acts like RD did).

The truth is that I often find myself disagreeing with Alonso and, not rarely, I feel he says too much for his sake. Yet, I appreciate his honesty and straight talk. Of course, McLaren is attempting the impossible trying to convince everyone that Hamilton actually deserves to win the championship. No matter how much I like the kid, you gotta admit that Hamilton's standings are artifitial.

And don't forget, a great deal of the criticims thrown at Alonso comes from the hyped Hamilton sect. So, there isn't much value in them.

Also you give Alonso far too much credit. Even if he did goto Toyota, they would still be where they are now. He's not going to drag them up from the back to the front. He may have skills, but he's also had the good fortune to be in machinery that should be at the front of the grid anyway.

Not really. You can think it is coincidence that McLaren is now on form and that it was pure luck that both teams Alonso has been in happened to have the edge. It is your call. I, myself, have to AT LEAST consider that he may have something to do with it.

In regards to Toyota, they will get their act together sooner or later. I didn't say that Alonso is a miracle worker but he may just be what they need.

BTW, I know the lewisterics are gonna jump on me for recognizing the status of a proven driver versus one that isn't. So, here it goes so there is no confusion. My driver is Kimi and I hope he takes it home this year.

But yeah, I think that Kimi and Alonso are the best two PROVEN drivers on the field and would like to see them fight with equal means... and see Alonso lose too :naughty:

Cheers mate. I'm with you :clap3:

I don't think "fitting in" will be a problem. Alonso's complaints may not be to your liking but there is merit in them too. For instance, Favio was giving preference to Truly in qualifing in order to sell him better. Heck, even today Trully is thought of

I feel fitting in will be a very big issue.... Alonso has made it clear he wants numero uno at Ferrari he isn't going to get it... At anyother team he will get it undisputed....

I personally feel he should go to Reno, he was successful there in the past and would probably be in the future...

I don't see that "numero uno" thing.

Nah i hate both of them equally, EQUALITY....

Can't relate to the "hate" thing... but cheers.

But i would like Alonso to most of the times shut up and just drive, he is a good driver but he whines way too much....

Drive, he does. Beyond that, he still is growing up... literally.

But why shouldn't he go back to Reno?

I don't know about "shouldn't". As I see it, it isn't the best option for Alonso.

My take is that Ferrari is still the best team out there and the best fit for the spaniard. But, as I said, I am

Can't relate to the "hate" thing... but cheers.

Drive, he does. Beyond that, he still is growing up... literally.

I don't know about "shouldn't". As I see it, it isn't the best option for Alonso.

My take is that Ferrari is still the best team out there and the best fit for the spaniard. But, as I said, I am

I was only joking about the first part..

Fair enough. I would not like Alonso to come into a Ferrari, thus to some extent i am biased...and also because i think it would be better for him and his carreir to go to Renault

No worries

It would be interesting if alonso ever comes to Ferrari.

First he had to cope with a driver like kimi.

second he might not get the preferential treatment which he is demanding at McCrap

If Todt is kicked out i see ross coming in and that would make ferrari more competitive...atleast stretagy wise

What would happend to schumi's consultant role? I guess Kimi and Alonso will not want schumi present at any of the races or do they?

heck i'd like to see kimi n Nando compete in same car :D

On a personal note, P-F1 believes Alonso would do well at Ferrari... after all he already knows all about the car and how to set it up.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nothing new. Same idle talk.

And although funny, thanks to FIA everyone knows Ferrari's secrets. Should the FIA fine itself?

On a personal note, P-F1 believes Alonso would do well at Ferrari... after all he already knows all about the car and how to set it up.

I am curious to see what will happen with Alonso and Raikkonen driving as teammates.

Good point up there LOL... I will have to add that Fernando is a far better testing driver than Kimi. Don't forget what McLaren officials had said when he first moved to the team (We got to know more things about the car within one month with Alonso, than in three years with Kimi), or was he talking about the spying thing I wonder.... :eusa_think:

Will this make him No 1? we will have to see.

I think that inside the track they are equally capable of going fast, each with his own style.

Let's see what happens.

I am curious to see what will happen with Alonso and Raikkonen driving as teammates.

Good point up there LOL... I will have to add that Fernando is a far better testing driver than Kimi. Don't forget what McLaren officials had said when he first moved to the team (We got to know more things about the car within one month with Alonso, than in three years with Kimi), or was he talking about the spying thing I wonder.... :eusa_think:

Will this make him No 1? we will have to see.

I think that inside the track they are equally capable of going fast, each with his own style.

Let's see what happens.

I would like to see this happen. I want Alonso to be paired alongside Kimi, just to watch one driver win the other one whine!

Personally I do not see it happen as Both the drivers dont want to be treated as second driver, But Kimi does not mind watching his team mate being treated equally as he clearly showed it this year.