Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Alonso To Ferrari

Although I'm directly opposed the kind of favoritism enjoyed by Schumacher, it seems relevant to ask why some drivers are paid more than others. Presumably, a more expensive driver is a safer bet for points and championship standings. I mean, why else hire a top driver if not for that?

It seems that, while I dislike the option, it is quite idiotic for team tactics not to agree with team financial decisions.

Although I'm directly opposed the kind of favoritism enjoyed by Schumacher, it seems relevant to ask why some drivers are paid more than others. Presumably, a more expensive driver is a safer bet for points and championship standings. I mean, why else hire a top driver if not for that?

It seems that, while I dislike the option, it is quite idiotic for team tactics not to agree with team financial decisions.

:blink:

Ok,m8,slow down.. I doubt Alonso will take no.1 position in Ferrari.. I doubt he will even go to Ferrari,but if he will,it will be sure nice to see Kimi and Alonso fight in the same car,and finnaly put that no good Alonso back to the ground.. :clap3: Ok,he is a very good driver but with this aditude,he will be out of F1 soon(I hope soon :clap3: ).. I don't think they will move Massa from Ferrari,he did very good this season.. But if they do,will he go to Toyota? i think this would be his downfall.. Has anyone thougt he would maybee go to Mclaren? It sure sound very interesting for me... :naughty: Personaly,I would like to see my m8 Sutil in Williams or Ferrari.. :blush: He is very talented driver.. Lets just all hope Alonso won't come back to Renault,I cheer for them... :blush::clap3:

A driver should be a good tester also, in order to help the team evolve the car. Price also depends on sponsors each driver has. Some of the younger and less talented drivers even have to pay (through their sponsors) to get into a cocpit.

Price difference is same here as it is in football or basketball...

Ok,m8,slow down.. I doubt Alonso will take no.1 position in Ferrari.. I doubt he will even go to Ferrari,but if he will,it will be sure nice to see Kimi and Alonso fight in the same car,and finnaly put that no good Alonso back to the ground.. :clap3: Ok,he is a very good driver but with this aditude,he will be out of F1 soon(I hope soon :clap3: ).. I don't think they will move Massa from Ferrari,he did very good this season.. But if they do,will he go to Toyota? i think this would be his downfall.. Has anyone thougt he would maybee go to Mclaren? It sure sound very interesting for me... :naughty: Personaly,I would like to see my m8 Sutil in Williams or Ferrari.. :blush: He is very talented driver.. Lets just all hope Alonso won't come back to Renault,I cheer for them... :blush::clap3:

Alonso will most certainly go to ferrari next season. Jean Todt has been under a lot of pressure during the last period, because of this (you see, his son is Massa's manager). Massa had a talk with some Toyota officials, but it's not sure yet. However with Ralf probably leaving next season Toyota will be looking for a new driver. Money exists. Who will be the replacement?

A driver should be a good tester also, in order to help the team evolve the car. Price also depends on sponsors each driver has. Some of the younger and less talented drivers even have to pay (through their sponsors) to get into a cocpit.

Price difference is same here as it is in football or basketball...

That was my thinking, actually. If a soccer team buys two players but pays 10 times more for one than the other. Doesn't it make sense to

I am curious to see what will happen with Alonso and Raikkonen driving as teammates.

Good point up there LOL... I will have to add that Fernando is a far better testing driver than Kimi. Don't forget what McLaren officials had said when he first moved to the team (We got to know more things about the car within one month with Alonso, than in three years with Kimi), or was he talking about the spying thing I wonder.... :eusa_think:

Will this make him No 1? we will have to see.

I think that inside the track they are equally capable of going fast, each with his own style.

Let's see what happens.

Can you quote this source of this statement? Sounds interesting. I can't believe I haven't heard it before. I'm visit several F1 news sites on a daily basis and have been doing so for years.

But a test driver often does not equal a racing driver. Look at Wurz, PDR, Ant, Pizzonia and there's a whole list of them. Alonso might be the whole package and more, but I'm in the camp of believers that feel the negative annotations towards Kimi's work ethics are tinged with some "insiders" bias or resentment.

Can you quote this source of this statement? Sounds interesting. I can't believe I haven't heard it before. I'm visit several F1 news sites on a daily basis and have been doing so for years.

But a test driver often does not equal a racing driver. Look at Wurz, PDR, Ant, Pizzonia and there's a whole list of them. Alonso might be the whole package and more, but I'm in the camp of believers that feel the negative annotations towards Kimi's work ethics are tinged with some "insiders" bias or resentment.

I don't know if it is bias or resentment (rather than just plain hype) but it has become a sport on its own to malign drivers... useless as that is.

Alonso will most certainly go to ferrari next season. Jean Todt has been under a lot of pressure during the last period, because of this (you see, his son is Massa's manager). Massa had a talk with some Toyota officials, but it's not sure yet. However with Ralf probably leaving next season Toyota will be looking for a new driver. Money exists. Who will be the replacement?

Don't tease.

Massa had a talk with Toyota officals, Alonso had a talk with Red Bull, yet we don't think FA will be heading to Red bull do we?

No? :naughty:

if FA doesnt fill Ferrari seat and Massa also leaves to Toyota then who will come to Ferrari?

hmmm is it some new driver or some test driver....

if this is even remotely true, would that mean that Kimi will be the clear no.1 for the last 3 races? I hope so.

Hah! Great point. I hope you are right.

I don't think "fitting in" will be a problem. Alonso's complaints may not be to your liking but there is merit in them too. For instance, Favio was giving preference to Truly in qualifing in order to sell him better. Heck, even today Trully is thought of by some as a "one lap expert". And Fishi didn't/couldn't back him up when Alonso almost had the championship. Plus, RD has made a mess of things since Monaco (who wouldn't be put off if you win and your boss acts like RD did).

Alonso had to see Hamilton complaining about McLaren not letting him win the race. When Alonso was expecting Ron Dennis to tell the rookie to calm down a bit, to tell him that he never had a chance of passing Alonso, Ron made it worse and Alonso had to see his victory being investigated by FIA.

Alonso was so angry that day that he would have said a few words to his boss and his beloved kid. He talked to his manager about such ridiculous situation and when he was expecting and apology from Ron Dennis he only got the cold side of the team and his boss.

Why should Alonso respect Ron or McLaren when Hamilton, who is supposed to be a team player and presumes of being loyal to the team, has been reinforced everytime he has complained, insulted or betrayed the team and/or his boss.

Because Alonso's a tool. If you work in a team, it doesn't matter how you feel you're being treated - you show respect. Alonso whines because, Sh#t, Lewis is actually allowed to race him. What a joke.

if FA doesnt fill Ferrari seat and Massa also leaves to Toyota then who will come to Ferrari?

J.V.'s surprise come-back in a Ferrari. :ermm:

:lol:

Because Alonso's a tool. If you work in a team, it doesn't matter how you feel you're being treated - you show respect. Alonso whines because, Sh#t, Lewis is actually allowed to race him. What a joke.

Yes Alonso is way too soft.

In the old days, someone like Senna or Prost would have just vetoed him out of the team (Senna - Warwick Lotus; Prost Senna/Mansell Williams) or give him an inferior evolution of the car (Prost - Masell Ferrari).

But today a world champion gets no respect.

Yeah, you mean like LH who has shown a huge respect for his teammate and team in countless ocassions... There's not going to be an agreement here. As far as i know Fernando has never complaint about Lewis being allowed to race him, he has complaint about not having even the chance to choose his own strategy because the golden boy cried desperately after Monaco and Ron had no balls to tell him to shut up... By the way, a lot of people here who now never talks about Monaco because it's ****ing evident that was a huge farce (Fernando was by far the strongest of the pair there) from LH and the british media those days was talking about FA being favored for the team. Funny to think about it now (i never heard Fernando crying after Indianapolis where he was clearly faster and the team didn't alLow him to race Hammy. I could, though, read Martin W critisizing Fernando for his movement towards the wall, a pity noone had balls within the team to critisize LH after Monaco, maybe the situation would be not the one it's right now :naughty: )

Massa will only leave Ferrari if FA is signed(which i highly doubt). Why should Massa leave his race winning car to go to a midfeild car?

Yeah, you mean like LH who has shown a huge respect for his teammate and team in countless ocassions... There's not going to be an agreement here. As far as i know Fernando has never complaint about Lewis being allowed to race him, he has complaint about not having even the chance to choose his own strategy because the golden boy cried desperately after Monaco and Ron had no balls to tell him to shut up... By the way, a lot of people here who now never talks about Monaco because it's ****ing evident that was a huge farce (Fernando was by far the strongest of the pair there) from LH and the british media those days was talking about FA being favored for the team. Funny to think about it now (i never heard Fernando crying after Indianapolis where he was clearly faster and the team didn't alLow him to race Hammy. I could, though, read Martin W critisizing Fernando for his movement towards the wall, a pity noone had balls within the team to critisize LH after Monaco, maybe the situation would be not the one it's right now :naughty: )

I don't know about "balls" but Monaco was the first of many obvious bad decisions by RD (and by FIA too) concerning Hamilton this season.

At the time, I remember thinking what effect it would have on Hamilton. As the season has progressed, it seems to me that RD's attitude is harming Hamilton rather than helping him. The expectations are unrealistic and it appears Hamilton believes the hype... his own father/manager looks like a complete gonner. And now, after 5 races in a row (bar Hungary, right or wrong) under Alonso's wheel, Hamilton sounds more and more desperate. I don't think there will any understanding from the British press if he doesn't deliver. Too bad, the kid COULD have a bright future.

We can only hope that he survives this nonsensical situation.

Massa will only leave Ferrari if FA is signed(which i highly doubt). Why should Massa leave his race winning car to go to a midfeild car?

that cud be true ....i doubt whether ferrari signs alonso...probably he may also return to renault who are eagerly waiting for him...but i also dont want massa in ferrari...tough loop....

Toyota have refuted speculation that they are lining up a move for Felipe Massa, while the Brazilian also denied he was in talks with the Japanese team.

The Daily Mail claimed that the Ferrari driver had 'opened preliminary negotiations with Toyota last weekend' - but ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix - Tadashi Yamashina quashed these rumours.

Toyota's team principal revealed that their 2008 lineup would only be confirmed at "the end of the season".

The German news agency dpa reports that Tadashi said: "We continue to contemplate all of the possibilities. We have still made no decision."

However, when quizzed about the Massa link he laughed and responded: "I know nothing about it".

It appears likely that the key mover in the silly season will be Fernando Alonso. The British media claims that the Spaniard has already agreed a

Alonso to Ferrari... I feel Ill :thumbdown:

I would still support him, but it would be difficult!!!

Alonso to Ferrari... I feel Ill :thumbdown:

I would still support him, but it would be difficult!!!

Why ill? Could you elaborate?