Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Robert Kubica's Unlucky Season

I've analyzed the season of Robert Kubica so far and I've found interesting facts. First of all the Polish has been without any doubt the unluckiest driver this season with so many technical troubles but most important in EVERY race (bar Bahrain) without problems he finished ahead of Heidfeld. Interesting... :eusa_think:

Spa: Engine failure, 10 place grid penalty while in 4th

Monza: Error at the first pit stop, 10 seconds lost while in 4th

Istanbul: Wrong strategy, problems with soft ryes during the race

Budapest: Technical problems in qualifying

Nurburgring: Heidfeld crashed into him at the start, finished 7th

USA: Resting after Montreal's crash

Montreal: Horror crash (but maybe it was a driver mistake)

Sepang: Technical woes during the race and then retired

Melbourne: Engine failure while in 4th position

One thing I have been very impressed with Robert this year is his ability to remain focused, whilst he has had all this bad luck, poor strategy ect ect ect. It would have been all too easy for a rookie* to fall in a heap and stop performing at his very best.

A pat on the back also for Dr. Mario and all his merry men in the role they would have played in helping Robert remain focused. The results will follow with the talent Robert possesses. His performances against Nick are all but equal to Lewis's vs. Fernando in my opinion.

* Yes he was a rookie till Monza this year.

One thing I have been very impressed with Robert this year is his ability to remain focused, whilst he has had all this bad luck, poor strategy ect ect ect. It would have been all too easy for a rookie* to fall in a heap and stop performing at his very best.

A pat on the back also for Dr. Mario and all his merry men in the role they would have played in helping Robert remain focused. The results will follow with the talent Robert possesses. His performances against Nick are all but equal to Lewis's vs. Fernando in my opinion.

your very right, I think part of Kubi's bad strategy and in some instances Nicks is that BMW are not used to fighting for places in the 4th to 6th range on a regular basis. so BMW as well has to go through a learning curve and that is also hindering Kubi, but I see him as one of the few guys on the grid who could realistically become a WDC with a team capable of winning races. in no spacific order those really are

Alonso

Kimi

Massa

Hami

Kubi

Sutil

Nick

how can u all b so biased? thats what ruins f1...

like kubi? take him home...

:lol:

But, Kubica still has time with him on hands. I am sure with increased Relaibility and just what F1 FANATIC pointed out, improved strategy, both Nick and Kubi will perform just like how Hami and Eyebrows are doing currently.

Sorry, I meant Hungary this year, not Monza. I had Roberts podium finish on my mind whilst typing the post :blush:

your very right, I think part of Kubi's bad strategy and in some instances Nicks is that BMW are not used to fighting for places in the 4th to 6th range on a regular basis. so BMW as well has to go through a learning curve and that is also hindering Kubi, but I see him as one of the few guys on the grid who could realistically become a WDC with a team capable of winning races. in no spacific order those really are

Alonso

Kimi

Massa

Hami

Kubi

Sutil

Nick

Yes BMW - Sauber will have learnt a hell of a lot from this year, let's just hope they can produce another strong car next year and not suffer from inconsistent form like fellow midfield competitors Honda. Robert will be there to fight for Championship's with them in the next 2 - 3 years I hope.

:lol:

But, Kubica still has time with him on hands. I am sure with increased Relaibility and just what F1 FANATIC pointed out, improved strategy, both Nick and Kubi will perform just like how Hami and Eyebrows are doing currently.

I really don't care if u blame the car or whatever to say Kubi is great. I don't mind. What p**ses me off is that they always have to bring Nick down to have excuses for KubeeTZa. If Nick has a bad season, he sucks. If Kubi has one, he's unlucky. It's a bad season, and that's all.

Plus the excuses sucks. "Istanbul: Wrong strategy, problems with soft ryes during the race"

A wrong strategy is in no way BMW's problem. It's Kubi's. He chose it. Nick also makes wrong choices and pays for them, like all other drivers.

I really don't care if u blame the car or whatever to say Kubi is great. I don't mind. What p**ses me off is that they always have to bring Nick down to have excuses for KubeeTZa. If Nick has a bad season, he sucks. If Kubi has one, he's unlucky. It's a bad season, and that's all.

Plus the excuses sucks. "Istanbul: Wrong strategy, problems with soft ryes during the race"

A wrong strategy is in no way BMW's problem. It's Kubi's. He chose it. Nick also makes wrong choices and pays for them, like all other drivers.

:lol: cool down Katy!

I am not saying Robert is better or Nick is better, personally I don't really know to point out who is better simply because I have been following other drivers, so I think you may know better. The only thing that makes me look at BMW drivers are their individual ability. The way Nick drives his car silk smooth, and Robert wrestle. Two completely opposite approaches.

I think kimi had even worse luck during his Mclaren days. BMW their reliability will get better and hopefully they can fight for wins next season, both heidfield and kubica.

As a fan of the BMW team I'm pretty happy with both drivers and I look forward to the continued progression of this classy outfit.

Kubeetza's good, he'll go far, and your non Fiarrari posts always make intersting reading cristiano, I wish we saw more of them. Some people love to put him down, it's some sort of a strange fad.

:lol: cool down Katy!

I am not saying Robert is better or Nick is better, personally I don't really know to point out who is better simply because I have been following other drivers, so I think you may know better. The only thing that makes me look at BMW drivers are their individual ability. The way Nick drives his car silk smooth, and Robert wrestle. Two completely opposite approaches.

haha don't worry. the 'you' wasn't you at all. :)

WRONG! the race strategy is VERY MUCH team's effort. Quali strategy is set by CHIEF ENGINEER (also a rookie), not drivers. Even Herr Doktor admitted that TEAM set up the wrong strategy for Kubi in Monaco, Instanbul and Monza. HE (Kubi) may have an input into the strategy but HE does not "chose it" per se.

How about this excuse - Nick Rambo DROVE into Kubi twice this season?

I am NOT taking away Nick's achievement. No doubt he has the best season of his carier. But as I said before, if I had Nick's luck while racing Kubica, I'd play lottery.

Now go back to ignoring me and staring at Nick's Pics. :mf_tongue:

No matter what calculation you make Nick is the better driver of the two period!

Wrong. When 2 cars are 100% Kubi is always faster in quali.

Kubica is aModern day version of Stefan Bellof.

He is the first Pole in F1, just as Bellof was the most promising German Driver for a while.

Both Had Plenty of POTENTIAL in f1.

Both had unique facial looks

both were blindly quick too

Both were brave.

not just that but theres something about him that reminds me of Bellof, there are many more factors but curiously I cant put it into words.

Kubeetza's good, he'll go far, and your non Fiarrari posts always make intersting reading cristiano, I wish we saw more of them. Some people love to put him down, it's some sort of a strange fad.

I thought this the other day too...

Kubica is aModern day version of Stefan Bellof.

He is the first Pole in F1, just as Bellof was the most promising German Driver for a while.

Both Had Plenty of POTENTIAL in f1.

Both had unique facial looks

both were blindly quick too

Both were brave.

not just that but theres something about him that reminds me of Bellof, there are many more factors but curiously I cant put it into words.

It's funny that the last f1 driver we saw being categorized in the same way in his first full season was Takumo Sato. Maybe there's a Villeneuve curse working here. Replace him and your driver will find himself in the middle of 'interesting times'. :clap3:

Kubica is bloody good, so is Nick, but Rosberg would desroy either of them!

nah, just kidding, I think they both perform very well - Kubica is still learning of course.

Kubica is bloody good, so is Nick, but Rosberg would desroy either of them!

nah, just kidding, I think they both perform very well - Kubica is still learning of course.

Not too many people on this forum say that Hamilton is still learning, and he has even less Formula one Experience than Kubica!

Not too many people on this forum say that Hamilton is still learning, and he has even less Formula one Experience than Kubica!

Well I think both are still learning, Hamilton is on a steeper curve of course...

Well I think both are still learning, Hamilton is on a steeper curve of course...

Unfortunately, to really know we would have to persuade them to swap their cars, somehow...

Too bad she put me on "ignored", because I found a great article (in german) about Niki Lauda's interview with a Polish newspaper after GP Turkey. Niki said it straight:" BMW Sauber is a young team. They have to learn about the best strategy. This will involve some risk. However, Germans expect successes from a German team, and a German driver. Therefore, Kubica, being a Polish driver in a German team will ALWAYS be a gunea pig and will be used by BMW for testing new things. GP Turkey was the best example." This probably explains his year, why Heidfeld, while often being slower in qualy finishes higher in the race, and why Robert is struggling to retain the 6th position. Conversely, this is not surprising to people in Poland, where majority of fans want Kubi out of BMW. Now, this is NOT my "opinion." I simply stated the facts. And, apparently, even Niki Lauda believes that Kubica does not "choses his own strategy." :rolleyes: