Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Thank You Jose........

Mourinho Leaves Chelsea

Late-night drama as Special One's departure stuns football world.

Chelsea have sensationally parted company with manager Jose Mourinho.

The stunning news was confirmed in the early hours of Thursday following talks with leading Stamford Bridge officials.

Mourinho was called to an emergency meeting late on Wednesday night with chief executive Peter Kenyon, chairman Bruce Buck and director Eugene Tenenbaum, Roman Abramovich's key aid.

The self-styled 'Special One' had earlier joined the Chelsea first team at a club DVD launch in Fulham and is understood to have been very emotional when he later texted senior players with the news.

Chelsea released a statement on their website at 1.45am on Thursday that read: "Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have today (Thursday) agreed to part company by mutual consent."

The former Porto boss won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and two League Cups in just over three years at the club but his relationship with billionaire owner Abramovich became strained earlier this year and his departure comes just 24 hours after the club outlined their plans to win the UEFA Champions League - something Mourinho failed to do with the Blues.

The final straw appeared to be Tuesday's disappointing 1-1 draw with Rosenburg, watched by less than 25,000 fans.

There has never been a coach in English soccer quite like Jose Mourinho, the self-styled "special one".

Brian Clough came closest. The former Derby County and Nottingham Forest manager was equally outspoken, single-minded and similarly possessed of a talent to win trophies -- he was just nowhere near as good-looking.

From the day Mourinho arrived at Chelsea from Porto in June 2004 the charismatic Portuguese infused his club with a sense of self-belief it had never truly possessed in almost 100 years of a fairly mundane and under-achieving existence.

Chelsea had been champions of England just once, in 1955. Their list of major honours was tiny compared to the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham Hotspur.

Chelsea had won the FA Cup only three times, the League Cup twice and the defunct European Cup Winners Cup twice before Mourinho arrived.

Under his guidance, however, Chelsea have lorded it over the rest of England and come close to major honours in Europe too.

Mourinho led Portuguese club Porto to the Champions League crown in 2004 before quitting to join Chelsea.

He steered them to the Premier League title in his first season in charge, incredibly losing just one match in the process. They defended their title the next season.

The London club also won two League Cups and the FA Cup and were twice narrowly beaten in the Champions League semi-finals.

Mourinho may have had the backing of Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich but previous Chelsea managers like Gianluca Vialli and Claudio Ranieri had also spent millions without achieving great success.

Mourinho had to bring the right players to Stamford Bridge and shape them into a title-winning team, a feat he achieved twice to make himself the greatest manager in the club's history.

Chelsea never lost a home league game under his guidance and, with his tactical nous and Abramovich's cash, have established themselves as one of Europe's top clubs.

However, increasing tensions were bubbling away under the surface.

Mourinho's relationship with Abramovich became strained last season and the coach let it be known he was unhappy with certain appointments within his backroom staff.

Although Chelsea were winning most of their matches last season, landing the FA Cup and League Cup double, their style of play was often uninspiring.

They never won over the support of neutrals and at times Mourinho was vastly more entertaining in his pre and post-match comments than his team were on the field.

Still, he brought glamour and passion and was a breath of fresh air for the English game.

He built an incredible team spirit at Stamford Bridge with loyal men prepared to back him all the way and Chelsea will not be the same without him.

Whether they go back to being the also-rans they often were in the past or grow into one of the world's top clubs as they believe they are destined to become is now no longer Mourinho's concern.

The new man will have a tough act to follow.

Thank you for everything Jose.........I will miss you a lot.......

It is a shame that he is leaving. Never like his outspoken style, but I rate him as one of the best managers around. I reckon Chelsea will struggle a bit now that Mourinho is gone. I think there will be some unhappy players as well.

I thought it was the wrong place but reading Ross Brawn's Wikipedia entry, maybe not -

Dr Ross Brawn is a British engineer, best known for his role as the technical director of Scuderia Ferrari, the Ferrari company's Formula One constructor, from 1996 to 2006.

................................................................................

In 2006, Brawn received an honorary degree of Doctor of Engineering (DEng) from Brunel University for his services to motorsport. After the shock departure of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea FC, it has been widely speculated and all but confirmed that Brawn is set to take over the role as coach of the first team squad.

I thought it was the wrong place but reading Ross Brawn's Wikipedia entry, maybe not -

Dr Ross Brawn is a British engineer, best known for his role as the technical director of Scuderia Ferrari, the Ferrari company's Formula One constructor, from 1996 to 2006.

................................................................................

In 2006, Brawn received an honorary degree of Doctor of Engineering (DEng) from Brunel University for his services to motorsport. After the shock departure of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea FC, it has been widely speculated and all but confirmed that Brawn is set to take over the role as coach of the first team squad.

Even if he does, how does it relate to F1??? That way we can argue, bernie/flavio(i think) owns a football team but the decusions are not made here....

That would make sense, Brawn goes to Chelsea, Beckham to Red Bull, Massa to the NBA, Bernie to the Bolshoi Ballet and Hamilton, Ron and Nando to the Monty Python.

I saw that one coming.

eh, footballers are pussies...

blastphemy! *throws holy water in rainmaster's face which actually is acid*

:P kidding

That would make sense, Brawn goes to Chelsea, Beckham to Red Bull, Massa to the NBA, Bernie to the Bolshoi Ballet and Hamilton, Ron and Nando to the Monty Python.

I saw that one coming.

Can't see Beckham driving an F1 car, he'd be too concerned about getting helmet hair :naughty:

blastphemy! *throws holy water in rainmaster's face which actually is acid*

The following is set in the post-apocolyptic future where Lewis Hamilton has become God, many churches and temples have been created in his name. We are in one of those churches/temples.

*Niall McBride throws acid, rainmaster ducks behind a Hamilton statue, Niall McBride is struck by lightning by Hamilton himself for damaging a representation of him, the Hamilton worshippers carry away the body. Alonso is found crying in a corner, Kimi is found asleep in a fountain*

I know that was random, even for me.

Anyway how about that off-side rule eh? erm...football yeah...

*gets back on topic*

I am in a strange mood today!

The following is set in the post-apocolyptic future where Lewis Hamilton has become God, many churches and temples have been created in his name. We are in one of those churches/temples.

*Niall McBride throws acid, rainmaster ducks behind a Hamilton statue, Niall McBride is struck by lightning by Hamilton himself for damaging a representation of him, the Hamilton worshippers carry away the body. Alonso is found crying in a corner, Kimi is found asleep in a fountain*

I know that was random, even for me.

Anyway how about that off-side rule eh? erm...football yeah...

*gets back on topic*

I am in a strange mood today!

George, i expected Kimi to be found drunk by the fountain....

George, i expected Kimi to be found drunk by the fountain....

:lol: That was part of my original plan, but somewhere along the lines it just didn't happen!

I was gonna put 'Kimi is found asleep after mistaking water for vodka, when he awakes he is suffering from withdrawel symptoms'.

Nevermind.