Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Lewis Vs Alonso: Driving Styles

Lewis Straightenes the car up earlier than Fernando does, but Lewis's car was more looser at the Rear I think.

but it's hard to pin point exactly because your tryin to look at two things at once.

To me, it looks like Hamilton is smoother, and turns in sooner than Alsonso, who straightens up quicker on exit. Also it seem as though Hamilton likes his car with plenty of oversteer.

To me, it looks like Hamilton is smoother, and turns in sooner than Alsonso, who straightens up quicker on exit. Also it seem as though Hamilton likes his car with plenty of oversteer.

It's funny that you say that, It looked like Alonso is smoother to me than Hamilton. Which is wiered as i thought Alonso was the more agressive driver. Hmilton throws it into the corner then tries to striaghten it with a bit of a difficultiy were Alonso goes in earlier and comes out nice and smooth.

It's funny that you say that, It looked like Alonso is smoother to me than Hamilton. Which is wiered as i thought Alonso was the more agressive driver. Hmilton throws it into the corner then tries to striaghten it with a bit of a difficultiy were Alonso goes in earlier and comes out nice and smooth.

My thoughts exactly!

It looks to me like they were dead even until they got to the parabolica, then Alonso pulled ahead. I think Alonso had a better entrance to that turn.

this was true when fernando was driving the michelin tyres.he has said that you have to be smoother when driving the bridgestone tyres ...you know, every driver who was on michelins changed his driving style a little bit this year.

i hope this helped you! ;)

Yeah, i couldn't pick a difference until parabolica. Alonso's line into the bend was way better than Lewis' - he'd already drifted right to the left of the tarmac and really stuck it into the curve, whereas Lewis hugged the rumble strip and lost a few tenths.

Certainly not the best footage to comment on but also not the best track. I think somewhere like Spa would highlight that generally, Fernando is an understeerer and Lewis is a classic oversteerer.