Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bro.

Jackie Stewart V Max Mosley

Max Mosley has lashed out at Sir Jackie Stewart following the famous Scot's strong criticism of how the FIA handled the espionage saga. Triple world champion Stewart, who still attends every race as a sponsor representative, was a regular media commentator throughout the affair that he ultimately branded a "witch-hunt" that unfairly pursued McLaren and Ron Dennis. melbourne2007-drivers.jpgStewart, who is 68, also said the World Motor Sport Council's sanctions probably wouldn't have held up in a normal civil court.

"I thought that it was handled very poorly," Stewart said recently, "and I think (the fine) was (handed down) because it would get an immense amount of attention globally.

"It seems some of the most powerful people (in F1) are more aligned to Ferrari. There are more Ferrari representatives on the World Council than anybody else."

In a media lunch in London on Monday, FIA president Mosley hit back with rancour as he dismissed Stewart as a "certified halfwit" who dresses oddly.Other sections:General newsSpy saga2007 galleryBehind F1Video'sRecordsResults

He did not refer to the diminutive Scot by name, but was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying: "There's one particular ex-driver who because he never stops talking, never has the chance to listen -- so he doesn't know what's going on.

"It's annoying that some of the sponsors listen to him because he's won a few championships. But nobody else in formula one does -- not the teams, not the drivers. He's a figure of fun among drivers," Mosley added.

Mosley also apparently poked fun at Stewart's tartan trousers and caps, adding: "He goes round dressed up as a 1930s music hall man. He's a certified halfwit.

To agree with every word that JYS has just said then.

And to Max Mosley to make fun of JYS was just silly that had the sense of desperate ness over it.

And to Max for saying that no one listenes to him, well they listened to him when it came to safety, didn't they?

Formula 1 owes nothing to Jackie Stewart, Formula one owes an awful lot to Jackie Stewart!

As everyone can probally tell, I copied and pasted it from www.F1complete.com

But there are ways to disagree with someone without making snide comments. Instead of ridiculing the little Scottish chap, Max should have made an intelligent rebuttal. The fact that he didn't tells me a little more about Max.

Oh Honourable and Mighty F1 God,

Please let it be true that Max Muesli said these things.

Please let it be true that Sir Jackie Stewart is to sue Mr Muesli for libel, preferably for $1,000,000.

Please remove Mr Muesli from his office, and find a nice quiet place for him, and some new white clothes that have the arms tied around the back. And a gag too?

Amen.

My hatred for Mosley is well known, yet I have no choice but to sympathize with his comments on Stewart's clothing. It was about time somebody told him to stop dressing like that!

My hatred for Mosley is well known, yet I have no choice but to sympathize with his comments on Stewart's clothing. It was about time somebody told him to stop dressing like that!

Some of us are proud to dress as we like

I didn't know you were Terry Jones.

That would explain many things. None of them related to this forum, though.

I didn't know you were Terry Jones.

Ah, you're a man of taste Monza. Terry and I have many similarities - I play with my organ, he plays the piano.

To stay on thread (just!), I am in awe - and concerned for our sport with the Muesli Megalomaniac at the helm. And if the Breakfast King DID say those things about His Jackieness I bloody well hope he sues his shrivelled bottom.

Mosley was telling about a former driver that never stop speaking...and what applies to Niki -big mouth- Lauda?

Is not what mosley said, is the way he told it! But, what can you expect from a lawyer? A few time ago there was a topic "gentlemen cars". Take note that max car is not one of them!

Mosley does talk some rubbish!

Jackie Stewart is the man, even when he's wrong he's right!

I think Stewart is one of the more intelligent drivers.

Personally I've found pretty much everything Mosley ever says garbage. This, and his recent comments about standardizing "non-visible" technical parts, qualify.

Mosley forgets what Stewart did for driver safety, at an age where it was frowned upon.

I hope JYS comes out with some interesting comments about Mosley's bloodline and his current status as F1 dictator.

Mosley has been very vocal in the last couple of days, and it has only served to enhance his image of having something against McLaren.

Mosley forgets what Stewart did for driver safety, at an age where it was frowned upon.

I hope JYS comes out with some interesting comments about Mosley's bloodline and his current status as F1 dictator.

Mosley has been very vocal in the last couple of days, and it has only served to enhance his image of having something against McLaren.

I disagree with anyone who says he has done what he has done because he dislikes Mclaren. Max's number 1 priority is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Punishing Mclaren like that would've had it's affect on the sport hence the ratings which means less $$$$$$$$$$$. My thoughts anyway.

"It seems some of the most powerful people (in F1) are more aligned to Ferrari. There are more Ferrari representatives on the World Council than anybody else."

To agree with every word that JYS has just said then.

And to Max Mosley to make fun of JYS was just silly that had the sense of desperate ness over it.

And to Max for saying that no one listenes to him, well they listened to him when it came to safety, didn't they?

Formula 1 owes nothing to Jackie Stewart, Formula one owes an awful lot to Jackie Stewart!

:clap3: Agree.

In addition, Ferrari has been collecting the highest share of TV-broadcast revenues from FIA all the times. This just makes Ferrari stronger and stronger over the rest. Coupled with FIA political support, I think F1 is emerging to become MAX+FERRARI world.

:clap3: Agree.

In addition, Ferrari has been collecting the highest share of TV-broadcast revenues from FIA all the times. This just makes Ferrari stronger and stronger over the rest. Coupled with FIA political support, I think F1 is emerging to become MAX+FERRARI world.

:blahblah1:

We have seen on many occasions how Max is totally in the Ferrari camp. Max should have been dumped long ago!

Though I am no Mclaren fan, I would like to propose that Mclaren F1 team is the most sporting team in the series. They are willing to absorb an outrageous fine and not appeal for the sake of sparing F1 and the fans of F1 a devastating row that would drag on in the courts for years. F1 is probably being saved by Mclaren right now, because in the courts, F1 might be exposed as nothing more than a Ferrari advertising scheme!!!!!

There are only two reasons why Mclaren have been treated so unfairly, 1: Toyota illegally ran actual stolen technology and recieved minescule punishment but Toyota are not challenging Ferrari for the lime light while Mclaren, are challenging Ferrari for the championship!

2: apparently Max is Ferrari's boy.... on a fine guilded leash!

We have seen on many occasions how Max is totally in the Ferrari camp. Max should have been dumped long ago!

Though I am no Mclaren fan, I would like to propose that Mclaren F1 team is the most sporting team in the series. They are willing to absorb an outrageous fine and not appeal for the sake of sparing F1 and the fans of F1 a devastating row that would drag on in the courts for years. F1 is probably being saved by Mclaren right now, because in the courts, F1 might be exposed as nothing more than a Ferrari advertising scheme!!!!!

There are only two reasons why Mclaren have been treated so unfairly, 1: Toyota illegally ran actual stolen technology and recieved minescule punishment but Toyota are not challenging Ferrari for the lime light while Mclaren, are challenging Ferrari for the championship!

2: apparently Max is Ferrari's boy.... on a fine guilded leash!

You already made a new topic on this why keep posting the same thing everywhere?

AJ,

To make sure we all understand how good Ron Dennis is for swallowing a 100m fine, plus the humiliation of being considered a guilty party in all this, just for the sake of sport.

Some may say that is an idiotic claim. Not me, of course. :whistling:

AJ,

To make sure we all understand how good Ron Dennis is for swallowing a 100m fine, plus the humiliation of being considered a guilty party in all this, just for the sake of sport.

Some may say that is an idiotic claim. Not me, of course. :whistling:

He's guilty as sin and he doesn't want to open the can of worms...............

Only sheer ignorance by Ferrari fans will say that the FIA and Mosley have not been biased towards other teams and the enforcement of rules. Mosley has been an insult to F1 for years and it's time he left. Maybe Ferrari can offer him a job in the front office. Jackie Stewart has acomplished a lot to improve safety in the sport. Name one good thing Mosley has done for the sport. Mosley's only acomplishment to the sport is to make it more political and to take the fun away from the fans and drivers. His days are numbered and i hope Jackie continues being himself even though he may dress funny!!! :clap3:

Well in the last few years he has chopped and changed the regulations so much that it makes the sport diffiucult to keep track off, which in turn instead of making the teams spend less money, its making them spend more to develop new parts,and at the end of the day in the terms of the racing side of things, it really hasn't made too much of a difference, bar this season has been an absolute cracker but we have seen others where the season been dealed with unbelieveably early in the season.

Only sheer ignorance by Ferrari fans will say that the FIA and Mosley have not been biased towards other teams and the enforcement of rules. Mosley has been an insult to F1 for years and it's time he left. Maybe Ferrari can offer him a job in the front office. Jackie Stewart has acomplished a lot to improve safety in the sport. Name one good thing Mosley has done for the sport. Mosley's only acomplishment to the sport is to make it more political and to take the fun away from the fans and drivers. His days are numbered and i hope Jackie continues being himself even though he may dress funny!!! :clap3:

Can anyone set up a poll to see whether Max shall be oust or not? :rolleyes: