Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hookedon-f1

One Engine Four Races????

In all seriousness though, if you had to bring in regulations that were eco-friendly in order to demonstrate to the wider world your green credentials, what would you do?

Horrible analogy; war increases development speed of (some) technologies. I think that if F1 is given a life line of something like, 'whatever extra power you can make from power regeneration you can use in any way you want'. Theory is, they all fight like hell to get as much extra power through this as possible, the sooner it becomes more efficient and cheap enough it'll become more widespread in every day brum brums. Then Max Muesli can say he thought of it, I show this thread to the World Council and take the MF to court, whereby he gets banned from the Planet Earth for the next two seasons :naughty:

It could be a good oppotunity for F1 to showcase it's techno skills and pacify the greenies (should they be called bogeys?).

OR, now I'm tired, hungry and in desperate need of a beer....... We could have power lines all round the track right? Then, all the cars that are regenerating power feed all the wallop back to the National Grid by connecting the cars to the overhead wires with huge poles, Bit like the arial of a radio controled car, only touching the power lines above. Sparks and stuff will look nice 'n pretty for night race fans, adding extra sparkle to the whole sheebang. AND the Power Grid provide fuel credits for the F1 teams to fly all over the world. And thus burn nore fuel.

Also, this will stop drivers praying for rain. At least those that took physics lessons or remember trams. That's 'trams', not 'prams' :P

Please excuse me for my disjointed thinking - and anyway, I really don't go with the 'common belief' bandied about like a BIG BANDIED THING about global warming.

There. That should get a Global Warmist going..........

Global Warmist here. Ready to kick some pollution loving a## :P

Nah. I'm too lazy. But Russ wrote exactly what I think about the subject

Global Warmist here. Ready to kick some pollution loving a## :P

Nah. I'm too lazy. But Russ wrote exactly what I think about the subject

Joking apart, I'd go with Russ too - the more freedom to innovate the better.

1 engine=4 races...what a useless silly idea, typical Max Mosley

When will F.1 realise that Mosley is a complete idiot? He has done very good things to improve safety but his time is now gone. I repeat, JYS for president!

1 engine=4 races...what a useless silly idea, typical Max Mosley

When will F.1 realise that Mosley is a complete idiot?

Surely they'll realise now that you have mentioned it.

Fuel cells maybe. It's wrong to say "you will do it this way" as the FIA have done. It should be "do whatever you like to achieve these results". The notion of being green is fine as long as you don't go hurtling off down a blind alley. Which is entirely possible the way things are going. We should be looking at alternatives to the internal combustion engine. If you miss the noise we'll put speakers on the cars. We should be looking at materials and production techniques. Let the engineers and designers have a free hand. That way you'll come up with many ways of skinning the cat.

Maybe they could even try solar cells for some of their power...

But a very good point, MG :thbup:

Yes it would lead to less racing... But Bernie from what i read is on Max's side, Both want the engine to last for 4 races...

Soon they will reach a point 1 race per year...

If that happens, teams will build one heck of an engine that only lasts 1 race and start from 10th every race. The car will be so quick that it could easily overtake all 9 cars infront of it. :clap3:

If that happens, teams will build one heck of an engine that only lasts 1 race and start from 10th every race. The car will be so quick that it could easily overtake all 9 cars infront of it. :clap3:

They would have stronger repercussitons for that sort of thing....

max would make a perfect sex toy. lots of buzz, full of air, unstoppable. what a joke. too bad F1 is ran by a junta of old generalissimos who just don't listen to the popular voice.

Iran, North Korea, Burma and F1 - last bastions of fundamentalism and oppression.

That's my wife.

That's my life.

However, I rather like the priveleges of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I get to be a schoolboy all over again :P Lesley Neilsen anyone?