Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spitfire

Most Sporting Team In The Series?

Though I am no Mclaren fan, I would like to propose that Mclaren F1 team is the most sporting team in the series. They are willing to absorb an outrageous fine and not appeal for the sake of sparing F1 and the fans of F1 a devastating row that would drag on in the courts for years. F1 is probably being saved by Mclaren right now, because in the courts, F1 might be exposed as nothing more than a Ferrari advertising scheme!!!!!

discuss....

Though I am no Mclaren fan, I would like to propose that Mclaren F1 team is the most sporting team in the series. They are willing to absorb an outrageous fine and not appeal for the sake of sparing F1 and the fans of F1 a devastating row that would drag on in the courts for years. F1 is probably being saved by Mclaren right now, because in the courts, F1 might be exposed as nothing more than a Ferrari advertising scheme!!!!!

discuss....

HAHAHA........ :clap3: THanks needed the laughter....

When 100 mil is involved no one freggin thinks of the sport or the fans... They have no case to appeal and as mosley/bernie said that they were going to be given a harsher punishment until one of them helped Mclaren out... So i really doubt if they had enough evidence to prove they are guilt free, they would use it and not tarnish their image...

Right now, i quote another poster, Mclaren's reputation is way below sea level.....

Right now, i quote another poster, Mclaren's reputation is way below sea level.....

not much further to go then till they can see Ferrari's reputation. :clap3:

discuss....

:pop:

HAHAHAHA!!! :clap3: Mclaren the most sportin team.. :clap3: U jokin right? :clap3: Dunno,I must say it is Spyker or dunno,Williams,maybee Super Aguri... :blush:

discuss....

YES SIR!

Blaha blaha blaha blahb blahba....

:eusa_think:

At present BMW Sauber, followed by Mclaren.

Ferrari being the most sporting team is simply a joke and everyone who is a fan of an F1 team other than Ferrari knows that, but they don't even need to hate Ferrari for giving them " THE MOST UNSPORTING TEAM EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FORMULA-1".

I am sorry if i offended my friends who support Ferrari, but I just spoke my mind. They have enough resources and talent to be a sporting team, but there is too much politics for us to understand.

Goodnight!

I think all the teams are far from saints, all businesses priority is to make profit.

Mclaren's reputation below sea level? Well I think it's better to be a sinker, than a floater (see Honda).

At present BMW Sauber, followed by Mclaren.

Ferrari being the most sporting team is simply a joke and everyone who is a fan of an F1 team other than Ferrari knows that, but they don't even need to hate Ferrari for giving them " THE MOST UNSPORTING TEAM EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FORMULA-1".

I am sorry if i offended my friends who support Ferrari, but I just spoke my mind. They have enough resources and talent to be a sporting team, but there is too much politics for us to understand.

Goodnight!

We didn't say Ferrari is the most sporting team, just the best... :naughty:

The title however of " THE MOST UNSPORTING TEAM EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FORMULA-1" is rubbish and FUSchumi material and you should have known better.As, correctly, you pointed out, NOBODY knows what goes on behind closed doors in Formula 1.

To be honest I like it that way!Mystery and F1 are good friends it seems!!

We didn't say Ferrari is the most sporting team, just the best... :naughty:

The title however of " THE MOST UNSPORTING TEAM EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FORMULA-1" is rubbish and FUSchumi material and you should have known better.As, correctly, you pointed out, NOBODYknows what goes on behind closed doors in Formula 1.

To be honest I like it that way!Mystery and F1 are good friends it seems!!

Well you know what they say - mystery loves company.

wait a second...

Lately, I am finding it increasingly difficult to tell whether Sh#tty threads like this one are just a joke or not.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Lately, I am finding it increasingly difficult to tell whether Sh#tty threads like this one are just a joke or not.

Please excuse my ignorance.

You are excused.

and by the way the question is serious... who do you think is the most sporting team?

Or maybe the question could be... is F1 a sport?

Or,if I were really cynical, Is Max capable of making decisions without asking Ferrari what to do first?

You are excused.

and by the way the question is serious... who do you think is the most sporting team? (1.)

Or maybe the question could be... is F1 a sport? (2.)

Or,if I were really cynical, Is Max capable of making decisions without asking Ferrari what to do first? (3.)

Ok then here we go:

1. The most sporting team doesn't exist. Time and managements change and so does the team "behaviour". Right now I don't know, I can only assume and I haven't done that neither.

2. Yes

3. Yes

Mclaren's reputation below sea level? Well I think it's better to be a sinker, than a floater (see Honda).

:clap3::lol:

discuss....

McLaren is definitely better than Ferrari but have suffered a big blow in reputation through the hands of Stepney and Coughlan.

One thing good about McLaren is that they value F1 fans highly. Unlike Max and Todt, they like wining at all costs.

McLaren wining formula for 2007 is mainly due to consistency and reliability as shown in 2003 despite having slower cars.

They are clearly not the fastest car in 2007. Looking at the fastest lap records, Ferrari got 11 and McLaren only 4.

McLaren has zero DNF this year while Ferrari has 4 DNF (http://www.planet-f1.com/drivers/standings/0,19076,,00.html).

Judging based on performance's facts and stats, McLaren won by consistency and reliability but has been accused of benefiting from Ferrari's dossiers (unreliable car with 4 DNF and totally different car design) and so far yet to be proven. All their efforts put in since 2006 are gone, through the hands of Stepney and Coughlan. This has been one of the most controversial seasons yet again involved Ferrari and FIA. :blush:

Williams is the most sporting team on the grid. Frank and Patrick are true racers (like Ron is, but I won't mention him here!) something of whom we will never see ever again in the sport.

discuss....

Ferrari. We never hear them cry over spilt milk. Only roar over stolen meat.

Williams is the most sporting team on the grid. Frank and Patrick are true racers (like Ron is, but I won't mention him here!) something of whom we will never see ever again in the sport.

Well said, i agree.

Wonder what they would have done in Ferrari's position though if they were still a massive force?

I think it is absolutely hilarious that pepole are posting 'Ferrari' as their nod in this thread.. such blind, irrational support, in all situations, all the time... reminds me of a religeon, or maybe an authoritarian state.

The truth is that it is easy to be a Ferrari fan. How many Ferrari fans in this forum are also "die hard" New York Yankees fans (if American) or perhaps Man U fans (if British)?

Puh-leeze.

Let's do a little reading from the 2005 U.S. Grand Prix Wikipedia article:

Attempts at compromise

Paul Stoddart, owner of Team Minardi-Cosworth, a team that runs Bridgestone tyres, published an account on Wednesday, June 22, of the events leading up to the race. While the previous developments were reported by various sources, the last-minute negotiations had theretofore been largely unknown to the public. Stoddart recorded a meeting around 10:00am on the day of the race, to which Speedway president Tony George, "the two most senior Michelin representatives present at the circuit" (assumed to be Dupasquier and Shorrock), commercial-rights impresario Bernie Ecclestone, the team principals, and the teams' Michelin technical representatives were summoned. All invited were present except Jean Todt, Team Principal of Scuderia Ferrari.[8]

By Stoddart's account, the meeting proceeded as follows: The Michelin representatives stated their position that the tyres provided to the teams could not safely complete the race distance, and requested that the Bridgestone teams, represented by Stoddart and Jordan's Colin Kolles, permit the installation of a chicane in Turn 13. Those present discussed and agreed to reject the FIA's solution of speed-limiting the Michelin cars in the turn because of the potential for accidents. They likewise dismissed the possibility of making pit stops every ten laps, resolved that a chicane was the best solution, and instructed several technical representatives to prepare plans for its installation. Bernie Ecclestone volunteered to consult Todt, who had not come to the meeting, and the president of the FIA, Max Mosley, who was not present at the race, and reconvene the meeting when he had responses.[8]

Ecclestone returned at about 10:55 to inform the group that Todt had refused to agree to the chicane, maintaining that it was Michelin's problem and not his. Todt later denied that he had ever been consulted, but stated that he would not have agreed to the chicane anyway.[11] Furthermore, Ecclestone reported that "Mr Mosley had stated that if any attempts were made to alter the circuit, he would cancel the Grand Prix forthwith".[8]

Team principals' plan

The group, according to Stoddart, continued to propose alternate solutions, including "a non-championship race, or a race in which the Michelin teams could not score points, and even a race whereby only the Michelin teams used the new chicane", but eventually agreed that the best option was to install the chicane and run a non-championship race, without Ferrari if necessary.[12]

They proceeded to summon the twenty drivers and present their plan. Of the drivers' opinions, Stoddart writes: "While I cannot testify that each and every driver agreed with what we were proposing, what I can say with certainty is that no driver disagreed." The Ferrari drivers expressed no opinion in the matter, leaving the decision to Todt, who was not present. The nine present team principals thereupon resolved that, unless they and the FIA could come to a decision in the interest of the sport, they would not participate in the race.[12]

After a short break, the group gathered again in Ecclestone's office to find Renault team principal Flavio Briatore on the phone with Max Mosley. Mosley had apparently rejected all of their proposals, and indeed "it was stated that Mosley had informed Mr Martin, the FIA's most senior representative in the USA, that if any kind of non-championship race was run, or any alteration made to the circuit, the US Grand Prix, and indeed, all FIA-regulated motorsport in the US, would be under threat". The FIA later denied that Mosley had said this.[13]

Having exhausted their options, the Michelin team principals, Stoddart, and Bernie Ecclestone

I would add that I consider Ferrari partially responsible for denying me the chance to see F1 in my home country for the indefinite future. F1 in the U.S. was a nascient creature, and this helped to seal its fate.

Love those Abu Dhabi hats, guys...