Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spitfire

Most Sporting Team In The Series?

I'm a Bro to every one.

It just seems slightly mean to him because his only posting his view on Formula one aswell ay

But hey, I'm just sittin on the fence.

I just want to type my view on F1 in Peace and in Harmony with everyone gettin along.

besides My favourite Bro was V12!

Shame he left the forum.

Maybe cos he felt the bad friction in the air?

:lol: You have come to the right place!

We all want to do that, but, like with most things, the minority (rapidly becoming a majority) spoil it for the rest. So the question is, will you pick the dark side and join their army, or the light side and join the voice of reason? Make your choice!

And later, towards the end of the race, they called Massa to change tyres, so they could hand Kimi the valuable points (since Massa is now out of the question), and that was no team orders! No, man! I tell you, no! The car needed fresh tyres, I tell you!

And still, no investigation by the stewards... Why should they?...

Sick I say!

Well, considering every team dishes out team orders in one way or another at some time, I don't know why you are so surprised.

This was obviously the way Ferrari were going to do it - they have already won the contructors title and Massa said he would help Kimi if he could. There was no steward enquiry because it is impossible to determine whether the driver/team wanted/needed new tyres. They also threw in a dash of fuel, but I suppose that could easily be discovered to be a red herring or not, if there was an investigation. The only way they could even be remotely invoked into investigating such an incident would be if Massa complained about it, even then it would be unlikely.

The thing is, we all know it's rubbish dictating to teams in a team sport, that they can't have team orders and this is the charade that results.

Though I am no Mclaren fan, I would like to propose that Mclaren F1 team is the most sporting team in the series. They are willing to absorb an outrageous fine and not appeal for the sake of sparing F1 and the fans of F1 a devastating row that would drag on in the courts for years. F1 is probably being saved by Mclaren right now, because in the courts, F1 might be exposed as nothing more than a Ferrari advertising scheme!!!!!

discuss....

Are you Ron Dennis?

:lol: You have come to the right place!

We all want to do that, but, like with most things, the minority (rapidly becoming a majority) spoil it for the rest. So the question is, will you pick the dark side and join their army, or the light side and join the voice of reason? Make your choice!

I'd pefer the choice of reason.

But I just think that everyone is voiced to there opinion on their sport.

We were all born equals wernt we?

Good point from Haug:

"The message reached the other ten teams," Haug, competition director for McLaren's engine and equity partner Mercedes, told German television.

Referring almost certainly to the recent espionage scandal - a bitter conflict that cost McLaren $100m and expulsion from the constructors' championship - he added: "There have already been punishments with even less proof.

"Ferrari always excite themselves when they do not win," said the German. "That is not new," he told the broadcaster RTL.

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you Ron Dennis?

Nope I'm not Ron, but that's funny :lol:

I wonder what Ron's history is before mclaren???

interestin to see folks naming Williams I hadn't thought much about how Williams have been a good sporting team throughout the past. I kinda think that the perenial back markers have to keep a pretty high Ideal of sport too when race after race they struggle to compete with the teams that have billions to fritter away.

I'd pefer the choice of reason.

But I just think that everyone is voiced to there opinion on their sport.

We were all born equals wernt we?

Yeah everyone has the right to voice their opinion, sadly though, some are completely unwilling to change their opinion and constantly spout the same drivel. After a while I guarantee you will begin to find some posters very annoying, not necessarily their opinions, but the way they state them, general ignorance or just a lack of respect for others.

As an example, I used to think Massa was bad in the wet, now I recognise that he has improved signifigantly, some will never be able to do that.

Of course if everyone was polite and respectful it might get quite boring, so what can you do?

"As an example, I used to think Massa was bad in the wet, now I recognise that he has improved signifigantly, some will never be able to do that."

Massa did have his moments in Japan, but he was kind of inconsistent. Brilliant scrap with Kubi though. I wonder what Todt had to say to him after the race...gee thanks for making the unneccesary stop :lol:

"As an example, I used to think Massa was bad in the wet, now I recognise that he has improved signifigantly, some will never be able to do that."

Massa did have his moments in Japan, but he was kind of inconsistent. Brilliant scrap with Kubi though. I wonder what Todt had to say to him after the race...gee thanks for making the unneccesary stop :lol:

Well that is true, Massa is still no rainmaster, but many drivers made mistakes during the race - also I think a few of Massa's were because he was flustered by all the stops and the fact Kimi was ahead. But you see my point.

What does "sporting" mean? Does it mean being a real racecar manufacturer, designing and producing engine and chassis on one's own and competing with teams that have megafactories producing engines with a budget that is not larger than a competitor that only worries about paying for chassis design and production?

I don't think many of you really think these things through. The little team with a factory in Maranello Italy is the sporting team, the only remaining old school F1 racing team, just as Enzo would have wanted.

What does "sporting" mean? Does it mean being a real racecar manufacturer, designing and producing engine and chassis on one's own and competing with teams that have megafactories producing engines with a budget that is not larger than a competitor that only worries about paying for chassis design and production?

I don't think many of you really think these things through. The little team with a factory in Maranello Italy is the sporting team, the only remaining old school F1 racing team, just as Enzo would have wanted.

You mean Ferrai, which is part of the Fiat group along with Masseratti? The largest car manufacturer in Italy and one of the biggest in the whole world? :P

The little team with a factory in Maranello Italy is the sporting team, the only remaining old school F1 racing team, just as Enzo would have wanted.

That was a good one!

:lol::lol::lol: Also a team with poor internal control and staff management that allows one employee to steal a big junk of confidential information out of the company and passed it to their rival.

This team also receives the highest $$$ and off-track supports from FIA.

Everytime they are behind, they will go to the FIA and ask for victory at all costs/means. :lol::lol::lol:

Everytime they are behind, they will go to the FIA and ask for victory at all costs/means. :lol::lol::lol:

Did they forget to ask these past couple of years? That's a bit of an oversight me thinks.

Did they forget to ask these past couple of years? That's a bit of an oversight me thinks.

Oh I'm sure they asked...jumped up and down and stamped thier feet too, but the spoilt child can't always get what they want. Every once in a while...oh wait I forgot about mass dampers, yup the spoilt child does always get what it wants.

Oh I'm sure they asked...jumped up and down and stamped thier feet too, but the spoilt child can't always get what they want. Every once in a while...oh wait I forgot about mass dampers, yup the spoilt child does always get what it wants.

Well, he did say 'victory at all costs/means', so that would suggest that either FUSchumi is mistaken, or Ferrari forgot to ask. :lol:

I thought it was Ron who asked for the mass damper investitgation ?

maybe it was I can't remember, but I thought that was a silly one.

Indeed. Unfortunately, it's not an isolated incident in the time I have been watching F1.

I thought it was Ron who asked for the mass damper investitgation ?

I believe Ferrari was the golden finger. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55982

FIA has not been telling the truth whenever there is a benefit to Ferrari.

Monza 06 is one of the classic examples.

BTW, most people already know FIA is bias towards Ferrari, and all F1 bosses and drivers already get used to it and why don't we? :blush:

Apparently tifosi too! (or is this an "L"?) understands more than all drivers, engineers, executives and all others (should be more than 40 F1 people) who were present at that meeting!

Why not write a book of "In-depth understanding of F1 for amateur racing drivers, engineers and executives", so they won't propose such silly and simplistic ideas the next time Ferrari and FIA shake hands?

As stated again, I am sick of Ferrari, its strategies and all those red-blinded fans!...

(Sick might be the reason FUSchumi vomits from his pie hole - sorry mate, nothing to do with you)...

Today (Japanese GP) Ferrari started the race on intermediate tyres (which was against the rules) and they later declared that FIA didn't inform them about the full wet tyres!!!! What???? Yeah, sure! FIA informed ALL other teams but they forgot to inform Ferrari!!! I do believe them!... Really, I do!... No, serious, they are telling the truth (as always)!...

And later, towards the end of the race, they called Massa to change tyres, so they could hand Kimi the valuable points (since Massa is now out of the question), and that was no team orders! No, man! I tell you, no! The car needed fresh tyres, I tell you!

And still, no investigation by the stewards... Why should they?...

Sick I say!

Sorry missed this one earlier...

The fact is you contradict yourself too much and you are out of the subject.

First of all it's a " ! " and not an " L " , just in case you can't see very well!!

That would explain the fact you don't seem to read exactly what people post here but you chose to " make up" answers to what you think they said...!

And now we go to the bold part..! What exactly did all these experts, officials etc you mention there decided back then?? Suprise maybe, but not what you say, instead its... oh my God, its...what I said.....!!!!! :scarf:

Now we go the other bold part!

err if you feel sick maybe you should search for a medical forum or something :wacko:

As far as the rest you claim, its all in the news and not like you present them!

I won't bother to look them up for you!!!

Yeah everyone has the right to voice their opinion, sadly though, some are completely unwilling to change their opinion and constantly spout the same drivel. After a while I guarantee you will begin to find some posters very annoying, not necessarily their opinions, but the way they state them, general ignorance or just a lack of respect for others.

As an example, I used to think Massa was bad in the wet, now I recognise that he has improved signifigantly, some will never be able to do that.

Of course if everyone was polite and respectful it might get quite boring, so what can you do?

Well that is true, Massa is still no rainmaster, but many drivers made mistakes during the race - also I think a few of Massa's were because he was flustered by all the stops and the fact Kimi was ahead. But you see my point.

+1 Agreed

what can I do about what?