Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Speed, Villeneuve, And Franchitti

Scott Breaks the Dress Code

Scott's Debut In Photos

Meaningless Test Speeds (stock car tests are more meaningless than F1 tests, so don't think JV will do well and Scott won't, etc)

And the rant:

**** YOU JACQUES VILLENEUVE. YOU GOT MY FRIEND BOBBY SANTOS, III.'S RIDE. NOW HE CAN'T RUN NASCAR NEXT YEAR CUZ OF YOU, YOU UGLY b#####d. JUST WATCH. SANTOS WILL BEAT YOU ALL. GRRR.

And for a logical response:

I hope it means Santos is leaving Bill Davis for either A) IndyCar or B) a better ride in stock cars since BDR isn't too good.

And for another thing:

Who would've ever though Speed, Villeneuve, and Franchitti (Indy 500 winner/IndyCar champion this year) would be banging fenders in stock cars in the Hillbilly Capital of the World?

Scott's Debut In Photos

Meaningless Test Speeds (stock car tests are more meaningless than F1 tests, so don't think JV will do well and Scott won't, etc)

And the rant:

**** YOU JACQUES VILLENEUVE. YOU GOT MY FRIEND BOBBY SANTOS, III.'S RIDE. NOW HE CAN'T RUN NASCAR NEXT YEAR CUZ OF YOU, YOU UGLY b#####d. JUST WATCH. SANTOS WILL BEAT YOU ALL. GRRR.

I hope it means Santos is leaving Bill Davis for either A) IndyCar or B) a better ride in stock cars since BDR isn't too good.

And for another thing:

Who would've ever though Speed, Villeneuve, and Franchitti (Indy 500 winner/IndyCar champion this year) would be banging fenders in stock cars in the Hillbilly Capital of the World?

THANK YOU ERIC. this thread is by far the best! :clap3::clap3:

Scott's Debut In Photos

And the rant:

And for another thing:

I read the article about Speed earlier and I was tempted to make a thread about it!!Good job! And I'm one of those who believe he deserves to be on the F1 grid. I would like to see more of him! :lol:

:wub: How can I ever thank you tifosi too!??? Hmm...I'd say "Yeah, and I'm one of those who thinks Michael Schumacher deserved to be on the F1 grid"...but there's something about that statement that isn't as powerful as when you substitute Scott Speed for Schumi...

But I have to agree with the ARCA guy...WHITE SUNGLASSES AREN'T FOR MEN. However, his hat was kinda cool.

And for another thing:

Wait. What?

Franchitti is leaving the Injury League?

:blink:

Wait. What?

Franchitti is leaving the Injury League?

:blink:

1: Franchitti has signed a 5-year-deal to drive for Chip Ganassi in You Have No Service Cup beginning next year.

2: Injury League...LOL...because Champ Car had 2 back injuries (Tracy and Figge) in crashes, and Franchitti had two huge shunts and walked away fine from both. Hmmm...

3: Yes, yes, I hate TG too...

1: Franchitti has signed a 5-year-deal to drive for Chip Ganassi in You Have No Service Cup beginning next year.

2: Injury League...LOL...because Champ Car had 2 back injuries (Tracy and Figge) in crashes, and Franchitti had two huge shunts and walked away fine from both. Hmmm...

3: Yes, yes, I hate TG too...

True, now that Panoz is out of IRL and into ChampCar, the injuries will be shifting to CCWS and I'll have to go back to calling it the EARL. Or the Crapwagons.

But I think that it has earned the moniker ... Br

Yes, I was a little ehhh about the CCWS low-speed back injuries.

And as much as I hate Tony George, I will always defend and watch the EARL/Crapwagons/Injury League/GIRL MindyCar/whatever because it's good racing, and we're all gunna die without a merge, and a merge does not mean Champ Car buys IRL...a merge means equality. And honestly, I'm just too nice and will forgive TG for his sins if he agrees to merge. Cuz hell, KK ain't doing so great either. It's just like watching F1 with Bernie and Max. Just gotta deal with it.

Yes, I was a little ehhh about the CCWS low-speed back injuries.

And as much as I hate Tony George, I will always defend and watch the EARL/Crapwagons/Injury League/GIRL MindyCar/whatever because it's good racing, and we're all gunna die without a merge, and a merge does not mean Champ Car buys IRL...a merge means equality. And honestly, I'm just too nice and will forgive TG for his sins if he agrees to merge. Cuz hell, KK ain't doing so great either. It's just like watching F1 with Bernie and Max. Just gotta deal with it.

Yeah. Here's the root of the situation.

I don't watch the IRL because I really don't care for ovals. That, plus I don't want to give King George any money.

Most of the EARL camp think "merge" means "IRL survives, CCWS/CART dies, we continue in our way." (Remember when the IRL was an oval-only series intended to "give American drivers a better chance" 'cuz there were "too many furrin' drivers"?)

Anyway, although there seem to be fewer CCWS fans that think "merge" means "destroy the IRL", the true answer is this: What made CART great was the fact that it was the only true, multi-discipline series. NT road courses, street courses, superspeedways and bullrings. Although they went to different aero bits depending on the course (as you must), at the heart, the cars and drivers had to be multi-talented. The only true solution is to bring the two series back together. Mari needs to cut the damn purse strings, say something to the effect of "Look, numbnuts, I managed to deal with these ChampCar upstarts, SO CAN YOU!"

But, what can one expect from someone that said something to the effect (sorry, too tired to look it up right now) of "We brought the wrong money" when he wanted to buy out CART. . .

Now that we've strayed way OT for the thread...

So, Dario's going to the CAB, eh? Ashley wanted better TV coverage, or what? :lol:

:lol:

Either that or, when after the finale, she said "They need to park the 23" (Milka Duno)...I guess Ashley was either serious that her "poor husband out there all alone with those SHARKS" as she put it was gunna die, or that she was jealous that Milka's husband bought her bigger boobs...

And yeah, the EARL fans and CCWS fans are all ifjwerifjwerighwef.

I JUST WANT ME SOME ROADIES, STREETIES, AND OVALS ON THE SAME OPEN WHEEL SERIES SCHEDULE AND 30 CARS WITH 30 TALENTED, DIVERSE DRIVERS AND BOB VARSHA AND DAVID HOBBS. I DONT CARE WHOSE RUNNIN IT, CUZ IF ITS DOIN THAT, THEY IS DOIN THEMSEVLES A GOOD JOB.

Wooof.

I JUST WANT ME SOME ROADIES, STREETIES, AND OVALS ON THE SAME OPEN WHEEL SERIES SCHEDULE AND 30 CARS WITH 30 TALENTED, DIVERSE DRIVERS AND BOB VARSHA AND DAVID HOBBS. I DONT CARE WHOSE RUNNIN IT, CUZ IF ITS DOIN THAT, THEY IS DOIN THEMSEVLES A GOOD JOB.

Wooof.

In the (I believe current) vernacular:

Werd.

^_^:D;)

Wooof.

I actually enjoy NASCAR and having said drivers will only increase my interest. I love seeing NASCAR on road courses.. Laguna Seca... Cool or what?

I actually enjoy NASCAR and having said drivers will only increase my interest. I love seeing NASCAR on road courses.. Laguna Seca... Cool or what?

Hey man me too! I watch NASCAR sometimes! And with Scotty and Jawnny and Jackie and Ashley Judd...I mean Dario in it I'm watching more! I go to Pocono every year and it's gunna be the best next year! And the roadies are hella sick. Oh damn a stock car at Laguna would be awesome!! Stock cars at Miller Motorsports Park would be sick! AutoZone West did it I believe. I love the Mexico race, so much fun this year, and Montreal too!

And well, gimme some down-home stock cars at the local 1/3 mile...and now we're talking!! The Prelude to the Dream (NEXTEL Cuppers and some drag racers too ran on Tony Stewart's Eldora Speedway in Dirt Late Models...that was great!)

Deep down I'm a stock car guy...

EDIT: NASCAR at Mosport...whoa man whoaaah...now that'd be awesome

Hey man me too! I watch NASCAR sometimes! And with Scotty and Jawnny and Jackie and Ashley Judd...I mean Dario in it I'm watching more! I go to Pocono every year and it's gunna be the best next year! And the roadies are hella sick. Oh damn a stock car at Laguna would be awesome!! Stock cars at Miller Motorsports Park would be sick! AutoZone West did it I believe. I love the Mexico race, so much fun this year, and Montreal too!

And well, gimme some down-home stock cars at the local 1/3 mile...and now we're talking!! The Prelude to the Dream (NEXTEL Cuppers and some drag racers too ran on Tony Stewart's Eldora Speedway in Dirt Late Models...that was great!)

Deep down I'm a stock car guy...

EDIT: NASCAR at Mosport...whoa man whoaaah...now that'd be awesome

"Bump and Grind" baby!.. Bring it on!!!!

Yeah! Man, I'd get so excited over NASCAR again if they ran a 30 race schedule that was:

8 dirt ovals

8 short ovals

8 road courses

2 Daytona

2 Talledega

1 Atlanta

1 Darlington

That'd be fun!

Yeah! Man, I'd get so excited over NASCAR again if they ran a 30 race schedule that was:

8 dirt ovals

8 short ovals

8 road courses

2 Daytona

2 Talledega

1 Atlanta

1 Darlington

That'd be fun!

I think there needs to be room for at least one race in Pocono...the race was really fun when they were allowed to shift, and if they brought shifting back, it would make for a fun and challenging event.

As for these 3 new entrants, I like Juan Pablo a little more after watching NASCAR in Primetime. Jacques Villeneuve will be interesting, but I'm not sure he can do much with Bill Davis Racing. Dario Franchitti will have success as he's done more ovals than JPM and JV, and also, I think that Ganassi will be on the rise with their new approach. Scott Speed won't do well. He wasn't committed to F1, but got away a little because he raced similar cars before. However, to learn a totally different car, he'll need to be patient and diligent, which I don't think he can be. Regardless, the road courses will be fun. It'd be really cool if they had rain for one!