Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Japanese 2007 Race Thread

:unsure:

Raikkonen, Liuzzi and Sutil all did much much better.

I like Raikkonen but he made a few too many errors - his driving was ballsy though.

I pick Kova because of his defensive driving against a charging Kimi.

Liuzzi & Sutil, yeah very good.

How about Webber on ITV? Man, that sucked. I hope he apologises for what he said.

For those of you that didn't hear it -

Louise Goodman: Mark, your thoughts?

Mark Webber: Well, it's just kids, isn't it? Not enough experience. Going well and suddenly they just f**k it all up.

LG: Uhhh, thanks Mark, we'll leave it there.

I know everyone makes mistakes, and everyone gets angry, but I was watching that race with my little cousin who's a huge MW fan. It was pretty tricky to explain why his hero was swearing on live, worldwide television because a young driver made a mistake.

I think you, your cousin and Vettel are damn lucky that that's all Mark said. While I appreciate where you are coming from, if a microphone is shoved under anyone's gob when they are a bit "emotional" it has to be expected that things like this will get said. It was Live TV (something I guess we're not used to in Oz) and I really don't think Mark was just going to say "Gee, that was a bit unfortunate wasn't it - I hope Vettel is OK the poor bloke".

I can assure you - you wouldn't have wanted to have your little cousin around me when it happened. The kid's ears would be bleeding from what I had to say. :furious:

You could actually hear the groan around my street as the shot of Webber parked came up. He was lapping faster than Hamilton. I reckon he coulda won. It was a long shot, but at least it was a chance.

I hope Vettel can run very, very fast.

You could actually hear the groan around my street as the shot of Webber parked came up. He was lapping faster than Hamilton. I reckon he coulda won. It was a long shot, but at least it was a chance.

i agree...Mark was awesome today and would most likely challange LH all the way to the end...

From Mark Webber, really?

Well right now he's quivering behind 'Uncle Dave' clutching at his bag of penny sweets.

If MW could have pressed LH , LH may have let him pass knowing how many points advantage he would have.........

Only speculating ;)

The coverage cut out in Australia - can anybody tell us if Vettel and Webber received more coverage, and what happened?

Cheers.

Vettel apologised and said Lewis was acting strange and so he was focussed on looking if he had a problem and before he knew it he was in the back of Webber.

and Alonso :lol::lol:

Death by whining? (actually, perhaps this isn't the best time to make Alonso jokes)

Anyway, I reckon Scott Speed is laughing somewhere.

Vettel apologised and said Lewis was acting strange and so he was focussed on looking if he had a problem and before he knew it he was in the back of Webber.

not the best excuse. he should be looking at MW and not LH.

Death by whining? (actually, perhaps this isn't the best time to make Alonso jokes)

Well he did push FA off track. Even Sato didn't do so much damage in his best years of "racing" :lol:

Anyway, I reckon Scott Speed is laughing somewhere.

My guess is, he would do worse...but, you're right...he's laughing somewhere big time...especially at Berger!

not the best excuse. he should be looking at MW and not LH.

Not the best, but not the worst I've heard.

Lewis kept acting strange at the restarts - stopping / starting etc and Webber had to take quick action several times. Sure he should have been paying attention, but Hamilton should also not have acted in the way he did at the restarts. Had he acted like any other driver does and just decide when to pull away and then do so, there would have been less incidents in the race.

Can't believe how unlucky MW is .........must have done something really bad in his before-life.

Understandably Webber was upset I think. But Vettel should not be punished I dont like it when an incident that knocks a driver out of a race gets punished the next weekend too, its like a double whack isnt it ? Thats why the qualifying based on the previous race finishing order was so bad, you went out of that race early, you got punished the next race weekend by going out early.

I say always let what happened in the previous race remain there (unless it was really dangerous driving that needed a reprimand).

Great race though - lots of small incidents here and there...

Top 3 races this year:

- European Grand Prix

- Canadian Grand Prix

- Japanese Grand Prix

All great :)

Can someone explain to me how Hamilton that hit Kubica car and not the other way around (unless im blind) got away with it and Kubica got punished. What is wrond with the stewards.

Not the best, but not the worst I've heard.

Lewis kept acting strange at the restarts - stopping / starting etc and Webber had to take quick action several times. Sure he should have been paying attention, but Hamilton should also not have acted in the way he did at the restarts. Had he acted like any other driver does and just decide when to pull away and then do so, there would have been less incidents in the race.

but LH was in front, and from what we have seen, MW had no problem of following LH, and Alonso as well in the beginning. Vettel could easily made a bigger gap to MW.

I think you're blind mate. Kubica hit Hamilton pretty hard on the sidepod (if I remember correctly), spinning him out and costing him 4 odd seconds.

but LH was in front, and from what we have seen, MW had no problem of following LH, and Alonso as well in the beginning. Vettel could easily made a bigger gap to MW.

Just inexperience in the wet I guess.

I think you're blind mate. Kubica hit Hamilton pretty hard on the sidepod (if I remember correctly), spinning him out and costing him 4 odd seconds.

You are correct, it was about 6 seconds I think, but it was Kubica that did the move from behind up the inside. Although quite I dont think he should have been punished, racing incident he just understeered in low grip area, not something he can be overly punished for.

Just inexperience in the wet I guess.

my thoughts exactly

You are correct, it was about 6 seconds I think, but it was Kubica that did the move from behind up the inside. Although quite I dont think he should have been punished, racing incident he just understeered in low grip area, not something he can be overly punished for.

Agreed! Especially due to the conditions he should not be punished..