Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Japanese 2007 Race Thread

Half way through this youtube clip it shows the incident between Kubica and hamilton. Kubica is clearly to blame and deserved his stop go penalty - the guy is clueless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzU58PTfSI8

Dude it was a racing incident.... IT happens... And if someone touches Hamilton, he does not have to go for drive though....

[quote name='Fed up' post='219966' date='Oct 5 2007, 01:54 PM']Half way through this youtube clip it shows the incident between Kubica and hamilton. Kubica is clearly to blame and deserved his stop go penalty - the guy is clueless.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzU58PTfSI8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzU58PTfSI8[/url][/quote]

I think you are seeing what you want to see, not what's there. Hamilton's explanation either makes no sense, or he admits that he is incompetent. He and kubica were fighting for at leats 2 turns, so he knew that SOMEBODY might be trying to overtake him. If you look carefully, you'll see that Kubica's account clearly explains what happened. Hamilton was slower (heavier fuel) and took a wider line. Halfway through the turn he realized he left the door opened (so he had to know Kubica was there) and start cutting across. At 3:18min of the vid is a clear illustration of that. If you pause it, you'll see that Kubica is in a perfect racing line while Hamilton starts cutting across at a 30-degree angle. That path brought him across Kubica's racing line. So, if I wanted to assign a blame, it would be Hamilton (and that's what Kubica alleged in his post-race interview) but I agree with goferrari. This was a common run of the mill racing incident. Just get up and keep going. If the driver was anybody but Hamilton, there would be no penalty. Vettel and Alonso had an IDENTICAL incident and nobody even noticed it.

I think You need to stop reading British press. Hamilton is a primadonna always complaining about somebody being in the way. My God, the balls of other drivers trying to actually race rather than whining to the stewards. What a spoiled brat. And if you think kubica's move was clueless, you have a LOOOOONG way to learn about F1, because clearly you don't know much beyond the editorials in British press.

I think You need to stop reading British press. Hamilton is a primadonna always complaining about somebody being in the way. My God, the balls of other drivers trying to actually race rather than whining to the stewards. What a spoiled brat. And if you think kubica's move was clueless, you have a LOOOOONG way to learn about F1, because clearly you don't know much beyond the editorials in British press.

You continue like that and the FIA will come after you too.

Resistance is futile. The championship has been gifted.

(I hear there are plans to substitute the podium for a crane)

OOOOHH, this just does not want to go away!!!!!

FIA wrong to punish Kubica, not Hamilton

Oct.6 (GMM) Felipe Massa says the stewards were wrong to penalise Robert Kubica last Sunday but not Lewis Hamilton.

BMW-Sauber's Kubica at Fuji Speedway was given a drive-through penalty for tagging Hamilton while trying to pass for position, but Hamilton - a week later in the Shanghai paddock - was given the all-clear for driving erratically behind the safety car.

Kubica, of Poland, said in China on Thursday: "I did not hit him on purpose. We have seen many contacts between drivers and nothing happened.

"I hadn't gained any position but (the penalty) destroyed my race."

Ferrari's Massa told the Spanish newspaper Diario As that the Kubica penalty was "hard" and "unfair".

"He was on the inside - the right line - and he didn't mean to hit Hamilton. I don't understand the sanction.

"On the other hand, the man who leads (Hamilton) did many things behind the safety car that were wrong and punishable.

"I have seen the internet video and have no doubt that he should have been penalised for moving suddenly and causing the accident between Webber and Vettel," the Brazilian reportedly told his country's press.

Massa, who dropped out of the championship fight in Japan last Sunday, suggested that it might not be a coincidence that Hamilton has not been significantly penalised at all in 2007, including in the espionage saga.

"Throughout the year, many drivers have been sanctioned for small things, but there is one (driver) who never gets anything," Massa observed.

"It seems that someone wants Hamilton to win," he added.

The highest motor racing official in Spain, meanwhile, agrees that it is strange that Hamilton escaped penalty for what he become known as the 'YouTube' affair.

"What is certain is that in similar circumstances, penalties are applied," FIA vice president Carlos Gracia said.

The German newspaper 'Bild' quoted Hamilton as saying he was "happy" and "extremely relieved" when he heard that he would not be penalised in Shanghai.

"It was a hard day," the McLaren driver said on Friday night, "but now I can sleep well and try to win the race."

Mercedes' Norbert Haug agreed that the stewards made the "right decision".

Well, I am now convinced that FIA is absolutely correct. Even Norbert Haug said that one of his drivers is absolutely blameless. I can sleep peacefully now.

You continue like that and the FIA will come after you too.

Resistance is futile. The championship has been gifted.

(I hear there are plans to substitute the podium for a crane)

Yup, U R right! I may even be banned from the forum and they'll conficate my posts!!! :yikes:

Let's all chant " Hamilton is God! God shall not be challenged in any way! God Hamilton is good for FIA" Oh, wait, that's Bernie Ecclestone's chant...

OOOOHH, this just does not want to go away!!!!!

FIA wrong to punish Kubica, not Hamilton

Oct.6 (GMM) Felipe Massa says the stewards were wrong to penalise Robert Kubica last Sunday but not Lewis Hamilton.

BMW-Sauber's Kubica at Fuji Speedway was given a drive-through penalty for tagging Hamilton while trying to pass for position, but Hamilton - a week later in the Shanghai paddock - was given the all-clear for driving erratically behind the safety car.

Kubica, of Poland, said in China on Thursday: "I did not hit him on purpose. We have seen many contacts between drivers and nothing happened.

"I hadn't gained any position but (the penalty) destroyed my race."

Ferrari's Massa told the Spanish newspaper Diario As that the Kubica penalty was "hard" and "unfair".

"He was on the inside - the right line - and he didn't mean to hit Hamilton. I don't understand the sanction.

"On the other hand, the man who leads (Hamilton) did many things behind the safety car that were wrong and punishable.

"I have seen the internet video and have no doubt that he should have been penalised for moving suddenly and causing the accident between Webber and Vettel," the Brazilian reportedly told his country's press.

Massa, who dropped out of the championship fight in Japan last Sunday, suggested that it might not be a coincidence that Hamilton has not been significantly penalised at all in 2007, including in the espionage saga.

"Throughout the year, many drivers have been sanctioned for small things, but there is one (driver) who never gets anything," Massa observed.

"It seems that someone wants Hamilton to win," he added.

The highest motor racing official in Spain, meanwhile, agrees that it is strange that Hamilton escaped penalty for what he become known as the 'YouTube' affair.

"What is certain is that in similar circumstances, penalties are applied," FIA vice president Carlos Gracia said.

The German newspaper 'Bild' quoted Hamilton as saying he was "happy" and "extremely relieved" when he heard that he would not be penalised in Shanghai.

"It was a hard day," the McLaren driver said on Friday night, "but now I can sleep well and try to win the race."

Mercedes' Norbert Haug agreed that the stewards made the "right decision".

Well, I am now convinced that FIA is absolutely correct. Even Norbert Haug said that one of his drivers is absolutely blameless. I can sleep peacefully now.

Whats the source for this article?? Massa is sided with Kubica way too much....

Maybe I'm missing something here, but surely Kubica DID gain a position after the collision? That rather invalidates his argument......

Actually, I copied it from Total F1. :mellow:

Define "too much." As I posted elsewhere, so did Nelson Piquet, and the entire SpeedChannel esteemed panel, although Varsha seemed to be trying to be neutral... :naughty: