Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Japanese 2007 Race Thread

Who knows, it's still too early to say that, let's wait and see how it pans out. BTW what where they trying to do?

Was ludicrous. However if they stay behind the safety car long enough will they have saved enough fuel NOT to stop again i wonder??

1. The drivers would refuse to do so. 2. There hasn't been a fatality or serious injury for awhile and I want to keep it that way...

It's just not workable.

The best option is to red flag it, wait until the rain has stopped and then go without a safety car.

Even in 1976, lauda felt it was too dangerous and retired from the race and Hunt continued and won the WDC(last race) due to Lauda's reitrement....

Was ludicrous. However if they stay behind the safety car long enough will they have saved enough fuel NOT to stop again i wonder??

The commentators did say both ferrari's have taken fuel in their car when they came for the stop so... I think the Ferrari's would be on a one stop race....

I think they got more fuel now so probably they can delay their next stop longer than everybody else and... how knows, like I said.

Lets see... Lap 12 - 30 minutes into the race. Which means that theres another 36 laps to go at this speed. Which means that they will complete 48 laps, which is less than the 51 needed for the 75% distance, the maximum amount more would be 1 lap, meaning 49 laps. If the race continues at this pace, it wont reach 75% race distance to award full points.

Most 1 stoppers will be 33 laps perhaps, you use half the fuel per lap, meaning all the 1 stoppers should see Lap 49 if this is the case. But this means that the Mclarens, Button, BMW's etc. will have to stop again before the end... In fact they will only get to around Lap 30.

Good news... I was afraid both Ferraris could jump Fernando at the start

Bad news!

1. The drivers would refuse to do so. 2. There hasn't been a fatality or serious injury for awhile and I want to keep it that way...

It's just not workable.

The best option is to red flag it, wait until the rain has stopped and then go without a safety car.

I agree, you can't have a proper race in this weather - all the drivers are saying the same thing on the radio - conditions are too dangerous.

It seems Ferrari's silly tyre error may now play to their advantage.

I can't believe I stayed up for this.

Even in 1976, lauda felt it was too dangerous and retired from the race and Hunt continued and won the WDC(last race) due to Lauda's reitrement....

So then you know it's not doable.

So then you know it's not doable.

It was done, whoever wanted to retire can retire, whoever thinks they can continue to race will race....

Haha - The Safety Car cant complete the race distance - so some kind of swap will have to occur.

Massa got a drive through penalty.

It was done, whoever wanted to retire can retire, whoever thinks they can continue to race will race....

It was done 31 years ago when F1 was almost a completely different sport. We are not living in the 70s and therefore it is not doable. We've come to almost expect there will be no fatalities in F1.

Drive through penalty for Massa

But ironically he can unlap himself so he just loses two places, i.e. to wurz and luizi...

which, if and when the race starts will be taken back with ease....

But ironically he can unlap himself so he just loses two places, i.e. to wurz and luizi...

which, if and when the race starts will be taken back with ease....

Yeah it does seem quite pointless.

Safety car finally comes in!

It was done 31 years ago when F1 was almost a completely different sport. We are not living in the 70s and therefore it is not doable. We've come to almost expect there will be no fatalities in F1.

According to F1.com only one person had an accident that race... and i don't think anyone died that race...(but i am not sure)

Anyways if luizi can put a 1:33.353 lap in... i think they may be able to race...

And they do.............